Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Looks like next year we might have another great freshman line! I am beginning to really look forward to the NCAA tournament for the next few years
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Google helps us find out more about Brock Higgs. Lifted from a blog piece dated July 2009:

Looks like Brock had his mind changed then. He's apparently opting to not play major-junior in Canada with the Frontenacs and has given the finger to Canisius.

Rock on.
      Interestingly, RPI recruit Nick Quinn was noted in that same blog post as being one of the other potential rookies that could make a difference in the OHL in 2009-2010. It was mentioned way back in the 2009 recruit thread right after it came out we landed him. Wonder where the staff is getting their recruiting tips?
      APBWiki

Comment

From USHR, sounds like RPI is getting a pretty nice player.

Higgs, a native of Kingston, Ont., is a 5/4/92 birthdate. He has speed, good hockey sense, and is very competitive. He has good hands, too, but many of his goals come from hard work, from going to the dirty areas to score.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          From USHR, sounds like RPI is getting a pretty nice player.
          I like the sound of that. We've had a lack of guys the past couple seasons who are willing and able to mix it up in front of the net and collect the garbage goals on rebounds and scrums. The way games have gone for us, I could see having someone who's good in that role adding a lot of goals over the course of a season.
          APBWiki

Comment

Thanks everyone for posting about Higgs while I was out. I appreciate it greatly. I did receive two emails about him this afternoon.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
              Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        17-21-16- 37- 14 11/11/09
              Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   15- 8-15- 23- 24 11/12/09
              Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                       Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   5- 1- 1-  2-  2 11/13/09
                                       Total                        15- 3- 8- 11-  8
              Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         22- 4- 6- 10- 28 11/09/09
              Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           11- 1- 7-  8- 12 11/13/09
              Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    18- 3- 5-  8- 14 11/13/09

2010 women
              Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
              Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            9- 0- 4-  4- 16 11/21/09 3 missing games
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As a pessimist, I wonder if this means that we lost JL.

His line in the WJAC 4-0-3-3-4.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  As a pessimist, I wonder if this means that we lost JL.

His line in the WJAC 4-0-3-3-4.
                  I'm thinking this works out more like the O'Grady-Pirri thing since they don't play the same position nor do they play the same sort of game.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    I'm thinking this works out more like the O'Grady-Pirri thing since they don't play the same position nor do they play the same sort of game.
                    That's the optimist viewpoint.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Heres a piece on Higgs from The Hockey News:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...l?media=videos

1. Brock Higgs, C – Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL): Higgs will be suiting up for Canada East in Summerside and if his run in last year’s Ontario Junior League playoffs is any indication, the kid is great under pressure. Higgs tallied 22 goals and 39 points in 25 post-season games as the Voyageurs took the title. But like a good soldier, Higgs notes it was a team effort.

“Just the way the guys gelled was great,” he said. “There were no egos on that team.”

Higgs, who was drafted by his hometown Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL, is playing Jr. A while sussing out his NCAA options for next season. He hopes to make a decision in the next few weeks and isn’t worried about playing Jr. A during his NHL draft year.

“If you’re good enough, they’ll find you,” Higgs said. “There’s more than one option and I’ve always been good at school.”

The shifty pivot is also pretty good at hockey. Size had previously been an issue, but Higgs is now 5-foot-10 and 180 pounds and has 18 points through 13 games this season.

“Although I’m heavier, I don’t feel as heavy,” said Higgs, who weighed 165 pounds last season. “It’s a good weight.”

Modeling his game after Steve Yzerman (and whose No. 19 he wears in honor), Higgs still wants to hammer out his footwork, but believes he can be a well-rounded threat.

“I try to model myself as a player who sees the ice,” he said. “I act before reacting.”

Draft eligible in 2010

Comment

19 forwards next year by my count.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So 7 sit each game-makes for a lot of competition in practice
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I can count a handful of them that may be looking to get out of Dodge if they don't improve themselves in practice, and, well, I don't imagine that RPI would get too hurt by that.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              So 7 sit each game-makes for a lot of competition in practice
                              I still wonder if Greg Burgdoerfer might play defense. His identical twin brother does, so he clearly could learn it, but he probably hasn't played there before or at least not recently.

Looking at Heisenberg's ranking, he certainly is highly ranked for someone who signed this late. He doesn't have Dr-D size, however.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A couple more interesting articles about Higgs from earlier in the year:

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1512929

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1544479

Comment

Working...
                                X