Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    None of the above. He was just standing next to a corn-fed Iowan.
    USA #10 is '90 forward David Gerths - 6-0 195...Notre Dame bound. He's a Doc D proto-forward!
    My team would have everyone over 6' and all over 190. With even bigger defensemen. But they would all have to be able to skate with the little guys.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Both Gionta and St. Louis play with chips on their shoulder...time will tell if JL has that kind of intensity at both ends of the ice. That said, I sure look forward to finding out, while he is burying pucks against our opponents.
      JL is taking a few more penalties this year-He may be developing that chip you are looking for. He certainly has the offensive intensity-I am pretty sure he will score at any level he plays at.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        My team would have everyone over 6' and all over 190. With even bigger defensemen. But they would all have to be able to skate with the little guys.
        That's one of the things I really like about the Wallin kid from Gunnery that RPI is chasing. Aside from his reported offensive talent, he's a '92 and is already nearly 6'0 180ish. Plenty of frame to hang some meat on

The NHL CSB has Gunnery froward and RPI recruit in waiting Terrence Wallin on their '10 draft watch list: http://portal.gunnery.org/NetCommuni...articleID=1446

"...Terrence Wallin begins his junior year with momentum gained from a stellar sophomore year and an equally impressive summer. The Avon, CT native arrived at The Gunnery in 2008 after years with the Mercer Chiefs of the AYHL. The slippery forward did not disappoint the Highlander coaching staff as he finished second on the team in scoring as a sophomore with 46 points. He continued his great play at the Select 17 Festival in Rochester, NY and earned a spot in the All-Star game, an event that brought together the best 20 forwards in the U.S. born in 1992. Wallin keeps a level head by putting the team first and focusing on the task at hand. "
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

That's one of the things I really like about the Wallin kid from Gunnery that RPI is chasing. Aside from his reported offensive talent, he's a '92 and is already nearly 6'0 180ish. Plenty of frame to hang some meat on

The NHL CSB has Gunnery froward and RPI recruit in waiting Terrence Wallin on their '10 draft watch list: http://portal.gunnery.org/NetCommuni...articleID=1446

"...Terrence Wallin begins his junior year with momentum gained from a stellar sophomore year and an equally impressive summer. The Avon, CT native arrived at The Gunnery in 2008 after years with the Mercer Chiefs of the AYHL. The slippery forward did not disappoint the Highlander coaching staff as he finished second on the team in scoring as a sophomore with 46 points. He continued his great play at the Select 17 Festival in Rochester, NY and earned a spot in the All-Star game, an event that brought together the best 20 forwards in the U.S. born in 1992. Wallin keeps a level head by putting the team first and focusing on the task at hand. "
          Thanks for finding that article.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Thanks for finding that article.
            It isn't often that I dig one up before you do ! ...every once in a full moon... In fact, when I posted this one, I was pretty sure you were going to tell me it was old news...
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The Gunnery has not yet posted its hockey schedule. AA's schedule is up, and it does not appear that Gunnery will be in town in the early going. Then again, they have home and away tourneys listed in Dec., but didn't bother to list the opponents on the schedule.

Comment

Another little blurb about Wallin from the NE Nordiques website....not sure how they have inside intel, but whatever:

"....Terrance Wallin of The Gunnery. Terrance is listed as a “C” player on the (NHL CSB) list and has been highly recruited; expect him to make a commitment very soon."

http://www.newenglandnordiques.com/

Also, FWIW - the NHL CSB has him listed at 5'10.5" 166 lbs., RW

Comment

Another little blurb about Wallin from the NE Nordiques website....not sure how they have inside intel, but whatever:

"....Terrance Wallin of The Gunnery. Terrance is listed as a “C” player on the (NHL CSB) list and has been highly recruited; expect him to make a commitment very soon."

This kid sounds like one we could really use-also sounds like one we would never even be considered for a few years back. Hope we are in the running.

Comment

On Tuesday, the Olds Grizzlys lost to the Canmore Eagles 3-1. Matt Tinordi had a fighting major penalty. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=714038

Tinordi's line is now 21-4-5-9-28.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                      Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        17-21-16- 37- 14 11/04/09
                      Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         21- 4- 5-  9- 28 11/07/09
                      Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                               Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   2- 0- 0-  0-  0 11/05/09
                                               Total                        12- 2- 7-  9-  6
                      Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            8- 1- 5-  6-  8 11/05/09
                      Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    17- 3- 5-  8- 14 11/07/09

2010 women
                      Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            9- 0- 4-  4- 16 11/07/09
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hope he does make a decision soon. He looked taller than 5'10.5" on the picture in the other link that you posted.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Added women's recruit.

Code:
                          Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        17-21-16- 37- 14 11/05/09
                          Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         21- 4- 5-  9- 28 11/07/09
                          Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                   Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   2- 0- 0-  0-  0 11/05/09
                                                   Total                        12- 2- 7-  9-  6
                          Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            8- 1- 5-  6-  8 11/05/09
                          Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    17- 3- 5-  8- 14 11/07/09

2010 women
                          Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
                          Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            9- 0- 4-  4- 16 11/07/09
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-05-2009, 12:14 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I hope he does make a decision soon. He looked taller than 5'10.5" on the picture in the other link that you posted.
                            Could be. It wouldn't surprise me if those measures are from last season.

Comment

Could be. It wouldn't surprise me if those measures are from last season.
                              I have already seen 3 sets of measurements on this kid-not sure which to believe but they are not all that far off from each other. I may just take the average and go with that. He does sound like a recruit that would add a lot for us.

Comment

RPI recruit Nick Bailen has been named USHL Defensive Player of the Week.

http://www.indianaice.com/news.php?id=941

Bailen, who has committed to RPI in Troy, NY, is currently tied with Nic Dowd for the team lead in points with six (1g, 5a). With his return to Indiana this season after a one-year stint with Bowling Green, he played in his 171st career USHL game on Saturday, which ties him for most games played in Ice history.

Comment

Working...
                                X