Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    Article on departure of Nick Quinn's dad as coach of Aurora: Tigers coach Quinn steps down, team at possible crossroads
    So last year, JL sat out trying to be traded. This year it is Nick Quinn.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      So last year, JL sat out trying to be traded. This year it is Nick Quinn.
      That's exactly what i was thinking RB. The last thing Appert wants is for this kid to be sitting home waiting for a new team.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        That's exactly what i was thinking RB. The last thing Appert wants is for this kid to be sitting home waiting for a new team.
        What is th NCAA rule on Apperts (RPI"s) possible influence in this situation?
        Can he advise the recruit at all?
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          What is th NCAA rule on Apperts (RPI"s) possible influence in this situation?
          Can he advise the recruit at all?
          I would think that he can, but I don't know for sure. He is allowed a speciifc amount of contact. The topics of conversation do not appear to be covered at all here: http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uplo...72338d05be.pdf.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Besides for JL, Sean Hoyt is on Team Canada East at the WJAC. http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...67&ss_id=25071

Hoyt was mentioned on post #932 and subsequent posts on the previous RPI recruit thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=82400.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An an exhibition game on Thursday, Team Canada East lost to the MJAHL All-Star Team 6-5 (4-3) in a shootout. Jacob Laliberté had 2 goals (one a PPG) , an assist, and a hooking penalty. He missed his shot in the shootout. http://www.mjahl.com/stats_gamesheet.php?ID=291

Edit: JL was named TCE's player of the game.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-30-2009, 12:32 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An an exhibition game on Thursday, Team Canada East lost to the MJAHL All-Star Team 6-5 (4-2) in a shootout. Jacob Laliberté had 2 goals (one a PPG) , an assist, and a hooking penalty. He missed his shot in the shootout. http://www.mjahl.com/stats_gamesheet.php?ID=291
                2 goals and an assist-at this level? Get this kid to Troy on the next bus. I can't wait
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  2 goals and an assist-at this level? Get this kid to Troy on the next bus. I can't wait
                  I thought that you would like it. I am beginning to think that the third time might be the charm, and someone will draft him next year.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that you would like it. I am beginning to think that the third time might be the charm, and someone will draft him next year.
                    I was wondering if Jacob was still draft eligible next year. I have a feeling someone will take him, how could they not with the numbers he's been putting up despite his size.

I see Patrick Koudys teammate Greg Carey is on Canada East and is putting up really good numbers also. Not sure how much room is left on the roster for next season but id like to see him in cherry and white.

Comment

I am told he put on about 10 pounds between last year and this-but he did not grow any taller. I do feel some NHL team will take a chance on a smaller player with the success of St Louis and Gionta. It would appear though that his game is perfectly suited for the college level.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        I was wondering if Jacob was still draft eligible next year. I have a feeling someone will take him, how could they not with the numbers he's been putting up despite his size.

I see Patrick Koudys teammate Greg Carey is on Canada East and is putting up really good numbers also. Not sure how much room is left on the roster for next season but id like to see him in cherry and white.
                        The eligible dates are 1/1/90 - 9/15/92.

Laliberte had over 90 points each of the last two seasons and wasn't taken, so size does seem to still matter. However, if he continues to put up good numbers in the WJAC, I would think the NHL scouts in attendance would notice.

Yes, Carey is putting up good numbers. I don't see us signing another forward for next season, barring someone leaving early. We only lose two (Kerins, Vassel) and have three (Burgdoerfer, Laliberte, Tinordi) committed. I have said before, but I wonder if we have any interest in Koudys and Carey's teammate, Josh Jooris, who is a legacy.

Edit: The name of Luke Juha, Koudys's defensive partner, was also brought up here recently. He would, however, not be for next season if there is any interest.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-30-2009, 07:28 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, Carey is putting up good numbers. I don't see us signing another forward for next season, barring someone leaving early. We only lose two (Kerins, Vassel) and have three (Burgdoerfer, Laliberte, Tinordi) committed. I have said before, but I wonder if we have any interest in Koudys and Carey's teammate, Josh Jooris, who is a legacy.
                          If we do have interest in Josh, im guessing he wouldnt be able to come to RPI until 2011, seeing he's a forward and we are full at forward for next year. Can Mark Jooris (GM/Head Coach of the Cougars) have any influence/guidence as to where his players go after they leave Burlington or is that up to each players "advisor"? You would think Mark would put in a good word for RPI, same thing out in the BCHL with Nolan Graham being the GM/Head Coach in Alberni Valley.

Comment

If we do have interest in Josh, im guessing he wouldnt be able to come to RPI until 2011, seeing he's a forward and we are full at forward for next year. Can Mark Jooris (GM/Head Coach of the Cougars) have any influence/guidence as to where his players go after they leave Burlington or is that up to each players "advisor"? You would think Mark would put in a good word for RPI, same thing out in the BCHL with Nolan Graham being the GM/Head Coach in Alberni Valley.
                            I would think that Mark Jooris can have some influence. I expect that he will show up in Troy when the '85 team is being honored in February. SA would probably speak to him about Koudys's progress and probably about others on his team and in the league.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would think that Mark Jooris can have some influence. I expect that he will show up in Troy when the '85 team is being honored in February. SA would probably speak to him about Koudys's progress and probably about others on his team and in the league.
                              Since the Cougars are off the night of the '85 team being honored, I wonder if Mark will bring Josh along for a visit or any other players for that matter.

Comment

Since the Cougars are off the night of the '85 team being honored, I wonder if Mark will bring Josh along for a visit or any other players for that matter.
                                Thanks for checking. I was to lazy to do that. In that case, I would think he would.

That reminds me, there is a standing request for those who attend the home games to be on the lookout for potential recruits who often sit with the players who aren't dressed for the game. In recent years, more of them seem to be dressed up, rather than wearing team jackets, which makes them much harder to identify.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X