Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

On Thursday, the Olds Grizzlys lost to the Drumheller Dragons 3-0. Matt Tinordi had no points or penalties. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=713958

Tinordi's line is now 12-2-2-4-21.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-09-2009, 01:19 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
      Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        11-14-10- 24- 12 10/15/09
      Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)         8- 2- 5-  7-  6 10/09/09 
      Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         12- 2- 2-  4- 21 10/09/09
      Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            1- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/09/09
      Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)     9- 2- 2-  4- 12 10/10/09

2010 women
      Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            3- 0- 2-  2-  4 10/10/09
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Highlights of Thursday's Aurora game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADFQu...layer_embedded. Nick Quinn is #21 in white.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts beat the Carleton Place Canadians 4-2. Jacob Laliberté had two goals, an assist, and a goalie interference penalty. He was named #1 star. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1047999

Laliberté's line is now 11-14-10-24-12.
          As we had thought-he really has nothing left to prove in that level of hockey. We just have to hope he doesnt get hurt this year and comes to Troy ready to play.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            As we had thought-he really has nothing left to prove in that level of hockey. We just have to hope he doesnt get hurt this year and comes to Troy ready to play.
            I know that RC criticized both of us recently for being too concerned that D'Amigo and Pirri would not show up this year, but I am still wondering if Laliberté will be in Troy next year.

The whole situation about Gatineau and him was very odd, and if the reason that he isn't in Gatineau now is purely that Sarnia wouldn't give up his rights, I would think that they could be convinced. I doubt that he would ever play in Sarnia, so they would be better off getting a few used hockey sticks in trade.

I do hope that he indeed shows up next fall. He would be an excellent addition, and would give us two quality powerplay units.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know that RC criticized both of us recently for being too concerned that D'Amigo and Pirri would not show up this year, but I am still wondering if Laliberté will be in Troy next year.

The whole situation about Gatineau and him was very odd, and if the reason that he isn't in Gatineau now is purely that Sarnia wouldn't give up his rights, I would think that they could be convinced. I doubt that he would ever play in Sarnia, so they would be better off getting a few used hockey sticks in trade.

I do hope that he indeed shows up next fall. He would be an excellent addition, and would give us two quality powerplay units.
              What is the basis for the concern that "the reason he isn't in Gatineau" is that Sarnia wouldn't give up his rights? Seemed to me the article, which quoted JL, left no real room for that inference.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                What is the basis for the concern that "the reason he isn't in Gatineau" is that Sarnia wouldn't give up his rights? Seemed to me the article, which quoted JL, left no real room for that inference.
                I assume that you mean this article http://www.standard-freeholder.com/P...aspx?e=1695727. The article indeed does not even mention Sarnia. That doesn't mean that Sarnia wasn't in the equation. I was coming up with an explanation that used all the contradictory material that I have read and end up with what seemed to me the most likely scenario. Could I be wrong? -- most certainly.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RC just doesnt know us well enough-over the years you and I have worried about a lot of things. I'm glad our worries about Pirri and D'Amigo weren't well founded. Laliberte on the other hand is another case-I would have liked him for this year and of course hoping nothing interferes with his showing up next year.

Comment

RC just doesnt know us well enough-over the years you and I have worried about a lot of things. I'm glad our worries about Pirri and D'Amigo weren't well founded. Laliberte on the other hand is another case-I would have liked him for this year and of course hoping nothing interferes with his showing up next year.
                    I was right with you guys last year - it would have been entirely plausible to decide to play this season in MJ and a completely legitimate worry. With that said, having quite clearly passed up the opportunity to join an MJ (even if we suppose it would have had to have been Sarnia) team during training camp, I really don't see what could persuade him at this point. His value was highest before the season - MJ teams aren't worried about him (a soon-to-be overage player) now that he's stated unequivocally once that he's not interested. Moreover, he has no reason to go now, having passed up on an opportunity to earn a top-line spot in training camp, which simply will not happen if he switched now.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                      I was right with you guys last year - it would have been entirely plausible to decide to play this season in MJ and a completely legitimate worry. With that said, having quite clearly passed up the opportunity to join an MJ (even if we suppose it would have had to have been Sarnia) team during training camp, I really don't see what could persuade him at this point. His value was highest before the season - MJ teams aren't worried about him (a soon-to-be overage player) now that he's stated unequivocally once that he's not interested. Moreover, he has no reason to go now, having passed up on an opportunity to earn a top-line spot in training camp, which simply will not happen if he switched now.
                      I agree that his chance of going to a major junior team decreases every day. A possible scenario for next year is that he turns pro and plays in a minor league.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Laliberte doesn't have the media record of repeated insistence that he's coming to Troy OR the appearance that he's very excited to come to Troy AND has documented flirtation with major junior - as opposed to D'Amigo and Pirri, who merely had MJ fawning over them.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Laliberte doesn't have the media record of repeated insistence that he's coming to Troy OR the appearance that he's very excited to come to Troy AND has documented flirtation with major junior - as opposed to D'Amigo and Pirri, who merely had MJ fawning over them.
                          RC: Good point. I guess it is just my nature to worry. I sometimes think the sky IS falling
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 10-10-2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

On Friday, the Aurora Tigers beat the Couchiching Terriers 9-8. Nick Quinn had an assist. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1076038

Quinn's line is now 9-2-6-8-6.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Indiana Ice lost to the Tri-City Storm 5-1. Nick Bailen had a delay of game penalty. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...gameid=1058640[/QUOTE]

Bailen's line is now 2-0-1-1-2.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Olds Grizzlys lost to the Calgary Royals 4-1. Matt Tinordi had an interference penalty. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=713965

Tinordi's line is now 13-2-2-4-23.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X