Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

His page in the Atlantic Youth Hockey League showing stats starting in 04-05: http://atlanticyouth.org/player_info...41&seasonid=14. He spent most of last season at the Gunnery. (IIRC, Keith Dupee played there.)

He was fourth in scoring in this summer's Select 17 Camp. http://www.geocities.com/dent0110/news2009select17.html Terrence Wallin Red F 5-4-5-9

USHR from that camp: Terrence Wallin (#10 Red) – Attends the Gunnery. Had a good week. Uncommitted. 37 -- 5'9”, 161 lb.

Old stuff at HF http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=563854
    Terrence Wallin- Great Select 16, very good wiht the puck and an absolute sniper.
    Snippets from TheScoutingNews, a pay site, so I can't get the entire articles:

We asked one scout to name a prospect he could vouch for as the future D 1 NCAA caliber performer right now! Without hesitation the scout nominated Terrence Wallin (1992, Long Island Gulls U16) …
    Major offensive talent?

Every goalie in the nation has to keep his vigil up at all times when facing Long Island Gulls 1992 DOB offensive dinosaur Terrence Wallin …
    Totally impressive?

1992 DOB Gunnery/ Long Island Gulls AAA forward Terrence Wallin has been getting the juices of more then one recruiter flowing faster this season with his pro-like, mature and poised game!
    Does he have the size needed?

New Jersey 1992 born player prospect Terrence Wallin has an inborn knack for playing hockey. The fifteen year old is one of the most talented players in his area of the country. Unfortunately for the youngster he is only 5’7”. Will this pose a problem for him at the higher levels of hockey? Is he big and strong enough for the Junior game? Is the prep school route perhaps a better fit? Will he ever get the attention from NCAA recruiters?
    Prep school player extrodinaire?

Scouting experts for instance label 1992 DOB (Gunnery) forward Terrance Wallin as a prototypical prep school hockey player ...
    Doing it right!

Players that display good hockey upside always find themselves an object of close scouting scrutiny. They don’t have much margin for error. They have to keep up the good work at all times to keep their hockey stock from plummeting. Case in point: Terrence Wallin. The 1992 year born forward has already carved out a stellar reputation for himself in the New Jersey area hockey ranks. The youngster told the Scouting News that the current season has seen steady improvement for himself as a player.

Chris Heisenberg has Terrence Wallin playing for the NH Monarchs. That appears to be wrong. Terrence Wallin-RW NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) 6' 160 -92
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I knew Ralph would come through. We are no longer fighting.

What year is Wallin, most likely? 2010? 2011? Because I'm already salivating at the prospects of having D'Amigo, Helfrich, Pirri, Cullen, Polacek, Lee, O'Grady, and Wallin all on the same team. That's sick.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wallin would be a 2011 Recruit. He was also 2nd in scoring as a sophomore at Gunnery with a 14-30-44 line. His team made it to the Final Four in the New England Prep League.
        Last edited by snipeshow10; 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
          Wallin would be a 2011 Recruit. He was also 2nd in scoring as a sophomore at Gunnery with a 14-30-44 line. His team made it to the Final Four in the New England Prep League.
          So that drops Helfrich and Polacek off that list, but it adds Laliberté, who I forgot. Awesome awesomeness regardless, if Wallin comes to Troy.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
            Is this kid the second-coming of Adam Oates? Ye gods. He was a power play freak last year and he's doing it again this year.

I'm going to get to a Dr. Demento level of excited about him now. Unreal.
            I first got excited about him when I heard a report from a very reputable NHL scout who saw him play. I salivate when i think about him spending 4 years in Troy. I think he was ready for this coming year but the thought of 1 more year of development is scary.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Chris Heisenberg has Terrence Wallin playing for the NH Monarchs. That appears to be wrong. Terrence Wallin-RW NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) 6' 160 -92
              Agreed. He doesn't appear on the NH roster and his name is not in the box score for either of NH's first two games. No roster or schedule appears on Gunnery's site as of yet. I'm sure they will play at Alb. Academy at least once this season.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Wednesday, the Cornwall Colts beat the Gloucester Rangers 6-4. Jacob Laliberté had 2 goals, 2 assists, and a roughing after the whistle penalty. He was named #1 star. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1047966

Laliberté's line is now 6-9-6-15-4.

Edit: One goal was a PPG, the other an unassisted SHG.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-24-2009, 12:53 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                  Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)         6- 9- 6- 15-  4 09/24/09
                  Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)          6- 2- 2-  4- 17 09/25/09
                  Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/25/09
                  Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)         2- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/25/09
                  Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)     6- 0- 1-  1-  4 09/26/09

2010 women
                  Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    So that drops Helfrich and Polacek off that list, but it adds Laliberté, who I forgot. Awesome awesomeness regardless, if Wallin comes to Troy.
                    Exactly. Wallin would be a replacement for Helfrich or Polacek on the depth chart.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Agreed. He doesn't appear on the NH roster and his name is not in the box score for either of NH's first two games. No roster or schedule appears on Gunnery's site as of yet. I'm sure they will play at Alb. Academy at least once this season.
                      I have the feeling that Chris Heisenberg mixed Wallin up with someone else. Nowhere else is he listed as 6' tall. I wrote to him about this a month or so ago, and all he corrected was the birth year. The link goes to someone who is 6'4".

Do you intend to try to get to see Wallin if he plays at AA?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Hockey's Future's CJHL thread http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...3&postcount=70
                        Laliberte is very good. He must have logged about 40 min.
                        Supposedly, he was wearing down as last season progressed. 40 minutes per game will do it.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I like the fact that Jacob still appears committed to heading our way...time will tell of course. Although I'm not sure what field of study at the 'tute gets you to a Phys. Ed. teaching degree....
                          It must be Management.
                          Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Must be.
                          RC,

I should have responded to this earlier. I did not mean to imply anything negative about an RPI degree in management. I was just indicating that most hockey players do major in that curriculum and have at least since I was at RPI.

Over 15 years ago, I made a flippant comment about Management over on Hockey_L, and Mike Machnik, who was a management major at RPI before leaving, stated that he felt that many of RPI's scientists and engineers would have a tough time getting through the management program. I agree with him, and I certainly would have had a tough time.

Actually, what crossed my mind was that he would probably have to take PE courses through the consortium at Siena with their basketball players.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Heres the pictures and videos I took over the weekend of Jacob and Yanik Laliberte, Nick Quinn and Patrick Koudys. There not the best quality but at least you can see what the players look like skating a shift or two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42739492@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                              Heres the pictures and videos I took over the weekend of Jacob and Yanik Laliberte, Nick Quinn and Patrick Koudys. There not the best quality but at least you can see what the players look like skating a shift or two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42739492@N03/
                              Nice work. I guess this proves again that I will never be a scout, especially of defensemen. Both Quinn and Koudys seem to position themselves well, and Quinn at least takes part in rushes. Koudys doesn't seem as thin as I had thought, but the padding may disguise things.

JL is certainly small, but doesn't seem as short as I had heard. This might, however, be due to a lot of the others on the ice also being not being that tall.

I think that I will trust our coaches recruiting talents.

It was certainly interesting to see them in action.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice work. I guess this proves again that I will never be a scout, especially of defensemen. Both Quinn and Koudys seem to position themselves well, and Quinn at least takes part in rushes. Koudys doesn't seem as thin as I had thought, but the padding may disguise things.

JL is certainly small, but doesn't seem as short as I had heard. This might, however, be due to a lot of the others on the ice also being not being that tall.

I think that I will trust our coaches recruiting talents.

It was certainly interesting to see them in action.
                                Quinn seemed to be more of a offensive type d-man kinda like Brutlag, where Koudys is more of a stay at home, rough em up style player. Didnt get to see much of Patrick since he was on the 3rd line pairing. Quinn and JL were on the ice what seemed like the entire game.

Comment

Working...
                                X