Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

With Captians practices underway and everybody on campus, Ice in the Kohl Center... I thought it was time for the 09-10 Season Thread, Last season is over and a distant memory... Lets get it on ay???

I am proud of the Title, took my a few minuites to come up with but i think to the people who know the program well understand both the significance of the title as well as the obvious goal that our team has, and the right roster to do it. A true upperclassmen roster and a pretty favorible schedule in conf. No long trip to UAA, Only playing DU and UND one series each and not having to play with players gone to the WJC... The forms are in place, now bring on the concrete and the work horses and lets get after it.
    The Quest For 7

Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Your "Showdown" is during the WJC. Are you just assuming that neither Stepan nor Gardiner will make the team? I don't bet so I won't offer to take your money now.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
      Your "Showdown" is during the WJC. Are you just assuming that neither Stepan nor Gardiner will make the team? I don't bet so I won't offer to take your money now.
      I meant as far as the WCHA schedule, sorry i should have specified that...

Great Article on Jake Gardiner from the DUcks website

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=480062
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
        With Captians practices underway and everybody on campus, Ice in the Kohl Center... I thought it was time for the 09-10 Season Thread, Last season is over and a distant memory... Lets get it on ay???

I am proud of the Title, took my a few minuites to come up with but i think to the people who know the program well understand both the significance of the title as well as the obvious goal that our team has, and the right roster to do it. A true upperclassmen roster and a pretty favorible schedule in conf. No long trip to UAA, Only playing DU and UND one series each and not having to play with players gone to the WJC... The forms are in place, now bring on the concrete and the work horses and lets get after it.
        We don't start new Wisconsin threads until they reach 1,000 posts. You've been here long enough to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          We don't start new Wisconsin threads until they reach 1,000 posts. You've been here long enough to know that.
          Well, especially because we're still definitely in the offseason. I think it might be a bit premature to end the Offseason Thread in favor of a Season Thread when it's only August. *shrug*
          "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok 1 Month until Opening night, Practices have started.... Its no longer the offseason, Its hockey season...
            The Quest For 7

Comment

i just ordered tickets for one of the series at the kohl center and was wondering if any of you could tell me the best hotel to stay at the is nearby and has bars/restaurants close by or in the hotel itself? i've never been to madison so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Comment

DoubleTree hotel. It's about 2 blocks from the Kohl. Badgerland Bar and Grill is inside the hotel (I eat there before most games). Nitty Gritty, Dotty Dumpling's, Ian's Pizza all within 2 blocks. State Street is about 3 blocks away with loads of restaurants.
                Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                1. "Varsity"
                2. "SIEVE!"
                3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

is there a badger fan interested in joining me this Saturday for the badgers/gophers football game? Ticket prices are pretty crazy but the best deal I found was a pair of tickets 10th row for $110/each.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    is there a badger fan interested in joining me this Saturday for the badgers/gophers football game? Ticket prices are pretty crazy but the best deal I found was a pair of tickets 10th row for $110/each.
                    Are the rodents going to wear those ugly urine colored pants and jerseys? There's no way I could bear to look at those uni's for an entire game without ending up with the dry heaves at the end.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Are the rodents going to wear those ugly urine colored pants and jerseys? There's no way I could bear to look at those uni's for an entire game without ending up with the dry heaves at the end.
                      doubt it...they didn't wear all urine against cal...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by grizz99 View Post
                        ....... and has bars/restaurants close by or in the hotel itself? i've never been to madison so any help would be appreciated.

thanks
                        Jeez, you HAVEN'T been to Madison, have you.

ansinator nailed it. You will not have trouble finding bars ANYWHERE around campus. Just show uo with your ****ing money.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...01_01&ID=10390

best preseason poll i have seen yet... again mass lowell too high but it seems to be the trend, we'll see if they can live up to it....
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

I am proud of the Title, took my a few minuites to come up with but i think to the people who know the program well understand both the significance of the title as well as the obvious goal that our team has, and the right roster to do it.
                            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

An Eaves-ism in the title? Kinda cheesy don't ya think?

Down that path how 'bout...

Wisconsin Hockey 09-10 - Putting the horse before the cart, giving it a B-12 shot, putting it in the barn and turning up the volume to weather the storm at the top of the mountain!

Comment

Interestingly, I was bored one night and was going through the hockey pages @ UWBadgers.com and saw a picture of the first team meeting with the coaches of the year. There was a powerpoint projection on a screen in that picture that this year's men's theme is "Building Ships". I would assume it means building relationships and championships.

Wisconsin Hockey: Building Ships
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X