Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Thanks for beating duke you filthy stinkin' badgers
    Is Duke outside the CCHA's footprint?

Comment

I'm too lazy to look for the recruiting thread but Jake McCabe committed to UW for 2011-12.

Sorry if this has been reported already.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Congrats Jake!!
      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        Here's what I could find. I didn't see anything about it being free for a large group. Actual cost is $250, though I'd check to see if there's anything special with this game.

Link (note, it's a PDF)
        Here's where I saw mention of it - http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...up-tickets.pdf

All it says is "Minimum of 20 Tickets Purchased: Group Recognition on the videoboard".

No mention of if they'll contact you or anything. It seems it's free, the way it's written in that PDF.

And it's not a big deal, just need to think up something funny to call my group.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
          Here's where I saw mention of it - http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...up-tickets.pdf

All it says is "Minimum of 20 Tickets Purchased: Group Recognition on the videoboard".

No mention of if they'll contact you or anything. It seems it's free, the way it's written in that PDF.

And it's not a big deal, just need to think up something funny to call my group.
          The Badger-b@#$^ds...
          Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
            The Badger-b@#$^ds...
            Brilliant! Alas, I don't think they'd allow so many symbols.

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
              I'm too lazy to look for the recruiting thread but Jake McCabe committed to UW for 2011-12.

Sorry if this has been reported already.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Congrats Jake!!
              Recruiting Thread

It was probably on the front page when you posted this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Recruiting Thread

It was probably on the front page when you posted this.
                Nope, it was on the second page. Sorry!!!!!
                Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

http://www.dailycardinal.com/sports/...tions-1.950934

Note the things about the hockey student section.

I like the overrated football and the section about the old line system for tickets.
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                    I'm going to agree w/ you on this one. CC has had an incredibly easy schedule so far. When Denver kicks the crap out of them this weekend that will bring them back to earth. In the WCHA, they caught the Badgers rusty in their first two games, and then played Tech (sweep), Duluth (split), Mankato (sweep) and UAA (split). Duluth was at home, when the go the DUMP (aka DECC) in January they'll get sweep. Their goalie has been impressive no doubt, but in the end I see them 5th behind DU, UND, UW and Duluth. I am impressed that they have started so well after losing so much though to early departures and graduation.
                    Agreed, It does beg the question, where does CC get these goalies that come in as freshman and just set the world on fire and why can't a school like UW, which is known in the past as goalie U get any of these goalies. I'm not complaining about our goaltending situation over the years but it seems like we are the only school in the WCHA that hasn't had a freshman stud in net....???????
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                      Agreed, It does beg the question, where does CC get these goalies that come in as freshman and just set the world on fire and why can't a school like UW, which is known in the past as goalie U get any of these goalies. I'm not complaining about our goaltending situation over the years but it seems like we are the only school in the WCHA that hasn't had a freshman stud in net....???????
                      How often have we needed one? Hard for a freshman to show what he's got when you have an upperclassman whos playing well.
                      Wisconsin Badgers
                      NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
                        How often have we needed one? Hard for a freshman to show what he's got when you have an upperclassman whos playing well.
                        As much as I love Shane Connelly, Had Scott Gudmanson been a stud goalie coming in or we had gotten Richard Bachman to come here instead of CC there is a chance Shane would have gotten beat out for the starting job!!!
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                          As much as I love Shane Connelly, Had Scott Gudmanson been a stud goalie coming in or we had gotten Richard Bachman to come here instead of CC there is a chance Shane would have gotten beat out for the starting job!!!
                          So what?

The fact that we haven't had freshman stud netminders is a testament to the quality of our senior netminders, not an indictment of the freshmen. It has to be, since those freshmen eventually become juniors and seniors.

Bruckler pushed Kabotoff, but couldn't totally unseat him. Elliott had an unreal upperclassman career, but obviously wasn't better than the older and more experienced Bruckler, etc.

Goalies, moreso than all other positions, take the longest to develop. Even a guy who was an obvious stud, like Ryan Miller, takes time to develop. Miller was the best college goaltender I've ever seen in person, and it still took him several seasons to become an NHL starter. Nor did Miller start all the games when he was a freshman - he split time with Joe Blackburn, and then won the job down the stretch.
                          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

This, from the article: "the wave is meant to distract opposing offenses", made me spit my coke all of the screen. Distract opposing offenses??? How stupid does the opposing team have to be to allow themselves to be distracted by the wave?

"Look, up in the stands. Whatever are they doing?" as our defensive back plucks the ball, uncontested, out of the air and returns it for a touchdown.
                            Last edited by RedFreak; 12-03-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

http://www.dailycardinal.com/sports/...tions-1.950934

Note the things about the hockey student section.

I like the overrated football and the section about the old line system for tickets.
                              Pitch perfect article.

Was that seriously in the Daily Cardinal? That feels like the kind of logical, well informed viewpoint on Badger Athletics that is typically outlawed by your common DC or Badger Herald editorialist.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Underrated: “When you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all”

Who here is old enough to remember how controversial “When you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all” was?

Comment

Working...
                                X