Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    So who starts Friday? Do you give Goody Friday because he missed his last start or do you go with Bennett and get back into the rotation? Or go Goody both games and see how it goes?

Mitchell just looks awkward out there. It seems like his stick is too long and it's always getting tied up in legs and other sticks.

It's still frustrating to see 3 forwards below the end line quite often and no one in front of the net to take a pass from the corner unless a D cheats down, but then that's pretty risky.
    I bet he plays Goody Friday night. I'd be surprised to see Bennett out there 3 games in a row, given that he didn't do well Saturday. And if Goody does well, I wouldn't be shocked to see him out there Saturday night as well. Depends on whether Eaves wants to work toward a single tender or if he's happy platooning, and the past weekend makes me think his desire is a single goal tender. But we'll see.

Mitchell has taken a step back this year.

I also don't understand the logic of 3 forwards going behind the net. What do they think they're going to do with the puck if they come up with it? You'd think they'd be coached to put the 3rd guy in front of the net, but I guess not.

Comment

Mitchell didn't start strong the last few seasons either, but come January 11th or something he'll pull it all together and start cleaning up. Hopefully the team doesn't need him before he pulls it together again.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
        I bet he plays Goody Friday night. I'd be surprised to see Bennett out there 3 games in a row, given that he didn't do well Saturday. And if Goody does well, I wouldn't be shocked to see him out there Saturday night as well. Depends on whether Eaves wants to work toward a single tender or if he's happy platooning, and the past weekend makes me think his desire is a single goal tender. But we'll see. (snip)
        According to Eaves during the Monday press conference, Bennett will start on Friday, here's the excerpt...
        QUESTION #5: Mike, back to your goaltending. Just so everybody is on the same page, Brett Bennett is your number one goaltender?

EAVES: We don’t have a number one goaltender, Andy.

QUESTION #5: Okay. But that would appear to be . . .

EAVES: Because we gave him an opportunity?

QUESTION #5: Right.

EAVES: It was a feeling that I had. I just, you know, it’s like the quarterback scenario in football, okay, and we’re working through a process here. We went with a gut feeling that a coach had. It didn’t work out. So we’re going to go back, and we’ll see how we are again this weekend. I don’t want to make a big deal. It’s not a big deal to me. You know, Brett’s going to play on Friday, and then we’ll see and play Saturday.

QUESTION #6: What you said after Saturday’s game was that we’ll probably go down this road again later in the year.

EAVES: We said that at the very beginning. We said that at the very beginning.

QUESTION #7: Right. Would that also mean that perhaps Scott would be getting double . . .

EAVES: Absolutely.

QUESTION #7: Okay. Just wanted to make sure. That’s all I was going after. EAVES: Yeah, yeah, yeah
        emphasis added

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
          According to Eaves during the Monday press conference, Bennett will start on Friday, here's the excerpt...

emphasis added
          BAggott, you are such a tool, so a guy play 2 games in a row and he is the #1 goalie??? how long have you followed hockey again?? I can only imagine what goes on inside of eaves head when Andy Baggott is about to ask a question...
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            BAggott, you are such a tool, so a guy play 2 games in a row and he is the #1 goalie??? how long have you followed hockey again?? I can only imagine what goes on inside of eaves head when Andy Baggott is about to ask a question...
            I'm fairly certain that for the last few years of Sauer's tenure, he wouldn't talk to Baggott. Maybe somebody can clarify for me...?

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love
              "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

We need a sweep NOW! I know UAA beat NoDak and DU, and is quite able to beat UW. This will be a pretty good test; UAA has a lot of confidence coming in.

To me, last week was a big disappointment. This would be a good time to put up at least 5 each night and hold UAA to 2 or under each night. I'm not saying it will be easy, just opportunistic.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post

Good lord, no reason to get your panties all ruffled up. I thought it was a legitimate question. IMO, Eaves does consider Bennett his #1 guy, but just doesn't want to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    We need a sweep NOW! I know UAA beat NoDak and DU, and is quite able to beat UW. This will be a pretty good test; UAA has a lot of confidence coming in.

To me, last week was a big disappointment. This would be a good time to put up at least 5 each night and hold UAA to 2 or under each night. I'm not saying it will be easy, just opportunistic.
                    I had to put the pressure on the team this early, but they have to earn points in both games this weekend. I want to see a repeat of the UNH weekend in WCHA play, not because of the points (which are always nice) but this team HAS to start putting together back-to-back games where they bring their A game for all 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 60min View Post

Do you know the line up tonight?

Comment

I've been watching for it and it hasn't come out yet. I'll post it if I see it come up on my RSS.
                        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Hockey team: excellent job taking care of business and then some this weekend- double ice cream sweep!

Students: Please stop the "it's all your fault" in the midst of the sieve drum-roll. It's horrible, it's wrong, our sieve cheer is marvelous as is without your crap, just knock it off. Inform the goaltender it's all his fault after we've finished the standard sieve, that's fine. I'm all in favor of ripping on the goalie; it's all his fault, he is a sieve, vacuum, and blackhole, he just sucks, and he takes it the ear. Absolutely. Just don't **** with the classic post goal cheer; do your additional stuff after.

Comment

Anyone know what was with Geoffrion tonight? He had a mean streak going from the start and went after the UAA players after the whistle quite a bit. He played very well, but usually he's not the type of player to be involved with scuffles. Usually McDonaugh takes care of that. Good series. We need to take at least 2 points next weekend. It looks like SCSU is tough, tough as they beat UND tonight.
                            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Bored sitting around watching football, I was curious just how badly UW has been outshooting the opponents this year...

UW: 39.4 shots per game, 3.8 goals per game
                              Opponents: 21.8 shots per game, 1.9 goals per game

DotA, anybody?

Screw that...DotA and OotA! Take that!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                Anyone know what was with Geoffrion tonight? He had a mean streak going from the start and went after the UAA players after the whistle quite a bit. He played very well, but usually he's not the type of player to be involved with scuffles.
                                Huh????

Comment

Working...
                                X