Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Interestingly, I was bored one night and was going through the hockey pages @ UWBadgers.com and saw a picture of the first team meeting with the coaches of the year. There was a powerpoint projection on a screen in that picture that this year's men's theme is "Building Chips". I would assume it means building relationchips and championchips.

Wisconsin Hockey: Building Chips
    FYP: Pass the Chips!

2 weeks to go fellas; how do you feel about the 3rd place predictions? Anybody going to see the ladies to get that "hockey rink smell" in your bloodstream?
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

2 weeks to go fellas; how do you feel about the 3rd place predictions? Anybody going to see the ladies to get that "hockey rink smell" in your bloodstream?
      Want any home-made salsa with those?

3rd place is highly attainable and realistic. This wallowing around hoping to get 4th and 5th place is for the birds.

This Lee transcript thing is killing me. All his HS has to do is fix the issue and email it to the ncaa. How long can it take to get correct paperwork from point A to B in this age of electronic comminucations?

I'm really looking forward to going to the scrimmage next Friday. I'm dying to see how the goalies and freshmen forwards play.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I think the Badgers will finish second. I'm surprised by the NoDak predictions, not because I think they aren't good but they are really young and lost a ton of talent to graduation and throwing landmowers in the road. They start slow, I don't see DU or UW starting slow, and they'll never catch up. UW's conference schedule is primed for them to succeed the first 4 games of the year, and I think if the players smell success earl (unlike last year) they'll keep that going.

I'm going to the Women's banner raising and cruising up to HS Hockey Elite in Stevens Point saturday morning. 4 hockey games in about 26 hours; can't wait.
        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
        Originally posted by UWisco
        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...preaa_0801.htm

I guess we just don't have any talent on our team this year what so ever. Yeah i guess our Blueline is kinda garbage. McDonagh, Goloubef, Gardner... Nothing that great....Geoffrion, Mitchell and Street upfront are pretty average players as well... WOW ***?? explain this to me, someone?? not even a 3rd teamer with all the flight risk's we had that all came back... Somebody make me understand...
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            Yeah i guess our Blueline is kinda garbage. McDonagh, Goloubef, Gardner... Nothing that great....
            Haha, I got called out on the MN thread for calling UW's blueline this year "One for the Ages" and apparently its being called out for one of the most preposterous statements in USCHO history.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I guess we just don't have any talent on our team this year what so ever. Yeah i guess our Blueline is kinda garbage. McDonagh, Goloubef, Gardner... Nothing that great....Geoffrion, Mitchell and Street upfront are pretty average players as well... WOW ***?? explain this to me, someone?? not even a 3rd teamer with all the flight risk's we had that all came back... Somebody make me understand...
              And personally I don't think Jordan Schroeder is any better of a player then Derek Stepan... they got drafted pretty close together, its not like either was a Top NHL pick, there has to be a reason he slipped down to where he did... Jordan Schroeder will not finish the season 1st team All American...
              The Quest For 7

Comment

And personally I don't think Jordan Schroeder is any better of a player then Derek Stepan... they got drafted pretty close together, its not like either was a Top NHL pick, there has to be a reason he slipped down to where he did... Jordan Schroeder will not finish the season 1st team All American...
                THAT I can't agree with. Don't get me wrong, Stepan is a great talent, but I think Schroeder is poised for a monster season, and if the Gophers get to Detroit, I think Schroeder will be a Hobey candidate. As much as it pains me to say about a Gopher, we could be talking to our kids one day about seeing him live before tne NHL knew who he was.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  THAT I can't agree with. Don't get me wrong, Stepan is a great talent, but I think Schroeder is poised for a monster season, and if the Gophers get to Detroit, I think Schroeder will be a Hobey candidate. As much as it pains me to say about a Gopher, we could be talking to our kids one day about seeing him live before tne NHL knew who he was.
                  Beware, thats what we thought about Kyle Turris in Madison, thats working out well???... I just don't get big up on undersized forwards that have trouble putting on bulk. Pavelski wasn't a big player in college however he played big and was 195 or so when he left, Turris, Schroeder, Stepan will be pavelski type players in the NHL, probably not much more, although pavelski is not done with him game yet either. I just can't put Schroeder head and shoulders above Stepan, Turris and those type of players....
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Beware, thats what we thought about Kyle Turris in Madison, thats working out well???... I just don't get big up on undersized forwards that have trouble putting on bulk. Pavelski wasn't a big player in college however he played big and was 195 or so when he left, Turris, Schroeder, Stepan will be pavelski type players in the NHL, probably not much more, although pavelski is not done with him game yet either. I just can't put Schroeder head and shoulders above Stepan, Turris and those type of players....
                    What does the NHL have to do with college?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      What does the NHL have to do with college?
                      he mentioned how we could be talking to our kids one day about Jordan Schroeder, i'll put him with Kyle Turris, Similar numbers there 1st year in college, undersized and so forth...
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Schroeder is going to be WCHA POY, IMO.

Stepan is a great talent, but Schroeder is a very special player. If Derek can keep improving at the rate he did last season, he's going to be a super soph sensation and make the first team all WCHA.

I think you'll see a UW D on the first team as well. My guess...Gardiner.

Lee's situation is going to be just fine. It will work out. No worries.

I think UW's a 3rd place club, but I think if they get some balanced goalscoring, they are going to be very tough to deal with and could challenge for the McNaughton. This is a big year for Eaves IMO. I'm tired of .500 hockey, and I want to see this program back in the running for a NC. The blue line talent is undeniable, and if goalkeeping and scoring is anywhere near where it was last season, I think UW's going to be a contender.

How many days until opening night?

Wisconsin Hockey: Less Talky, More Hockey Please.
                        "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Haha, I got called out on the MN thread for calling UW's blueline this year "One for the Ages" and apparently its being called out for one of the most preposterous statements in USCHO history.
                          I love you man.

In the limited time I saw Schroeder play last year I think he looked scarier than Turris ever did. Not that he has more talent than Turrus, but in the rodent's system generally favors a more free-wheeling offensive attack. He also had more more talent around him than Turris did. Put Turris on this UW team with these D and F and the lesss clutch and grab play and you've got the Hobey all sewed up.

I'm not overly concerned about Lee, but when I read about this last week, I thought it would be cleared up in a week easy. Now he's missing practice, missing system time, and Eaves' won't play him until he proves he's bought into the system in practice. My biggest fear is somehow Lee gets stuck at the bottom of the barrell ala Goro. I don't think that will happen, but you never know with Mr. Eaves.

If UW gets stuck around .500 with this roster, I say ditch Eaves and go after Rico @ Miami. If he can win there, imagine what he could do at a real school. I know I'm stating worst case, but as a 20 yr UW hockey veteran fan, we need results. NOW.

Let's go RED!
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

that list is completely ridiculous. Not ONE Badger on those All America teams?

Ah, hey INCH, the first 5, YES 5, UW d-men could be an entire NHL team's defensive core. Yeah, I said it.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It's INCH. I wouldn't worry about it.

Poles don't matter, folks. (Except for Joe Pavs) Just remember that.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                If UW gets stuck around .500 with this roster, I say ditch Eaves and go after Rico @ Miami. If he can win there, imagine what he could do at a real school. I know I'm stating worst case, but as a 20 yr UW hockey veteran fan, we need results. NOW.

Let's go RED!
                                I don't see Rico leaving his alma mater.
                                Especially not now since he knows he can win there.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X