Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN HOCKEY 09-10 - Climbing The Mountain (7th Edition?)

Originally posted by mavhockey View Post
    Hello Badger Fans,

I want to apologize for the technical difficulties tonight. We had a piece of gear in our trailer that failed tonight. We had to rewire the whole truck during the 1st period. I hope Tonight we don't have the same problems. Question for the Charter digital costumers. Did you see the game (anything after the 2nd period) on channel 87?

Holy Cow the badgers have some talent!
    Yes, I saw the whole game except for the part of the first period when your problem occurred and the screen went black. The second period had no stats, replays or commercials, just the cameras showing the game. The audio was of rather poor quality (just being honest ), so I just muted the game and watched with my son and I doing the play by play. The 3rd period was totally normal with replays, stats and commercials. Thanks a ton for showing the game, we Badger fans who saw the game really appreciate it. It was great to see something when I thought I'd see nothing. Better luck tonight (for the braodcast, that is)!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Davies had a great game. He played really well. Oz needs to lighten up.

Comment

Went to the Madison Ice Muskie game last night. It was pretty entertaining. Tom Bardis is playing on the team.

$3 for a 16oz Bud isn't bad and the hockey was fun too watch. The score was 8-7.

Some other local players are Kerns and Cripps.

Comment

1-2-1

I'm ****ed & disappointed in Saturday night. You blast a team off of the ice one night, then the next night you play the team even, take stupid penalties and lose.

I've said this about the football team as well; put your foot on their throats, pushy hard, and don't let up until the final buzzer.

Way too much like last year.
          __________________________________________________ ________________

Kerns, as in Mitch Kerns from Stoughton? Did he ever graduate from Stout?
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            1-2-1

I'm ****ed & disappointed in Saturday night. You blast a team off of the ice one night, then the next night you play the team even, take stupid penalties and lose.

I've said this about the football team as well; put your foot on their throats, pushy hard, and don't let up until the final buzzer.

Way too much like last year.
            __________________________________________________ ________________

Kerns, as in Mitch Kerns from Stoughton? Did he ever graduate from Stout?
            yep. 1-2-1 is not the start you want from an experienced team. on the 1 hand you can count pipes and missed opps and say they could be 3-1 but they're not.

in 05-06 they started similarly 2-1-1 with 3 OT games in the first 3 vs. St. lawrence and St. Cloud. That's where I'll stop my comparison. It may be unfair at this point, but I don't see a Burish or Ryan Mcmurchy/ or Dowell type leader in this group. That group established their presence immediately in their first seasons. Can someone step up and do that this year, yes. But it doesn't seem right that I can't pinpoint an on-ice take-charge leader in this group based on 3 prior seasons of watching them......
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              yep. 1-2-1 is not the start you want from an experienced team. on the 1 hand you can count pipes and missed opps and say they could be 3-1 but they're not.

in 05-06 they started similarly 2-1-1 with 3 OT games in the first 3 vs. St. lawrence and St. Cloud. That's where I'll stop my comparison. It may be unfair at this point, but I don't see a Burish or Ryan Mcmurchy/ or Dowell type leader in this group. That group established their presence immediately in their first seasons. Can someone step up and do that this year, yes. But it doesn't seem right that I can't pinpoint an on-ice take-charge leader in this group based on 3 prior seasons of watching them......
              Would any of the Sr or Jr players on the 05-06 team have taken a CFB major penalty in a game while killing off a CFB major? Would Gilbert or Burish or Joudrey (those that wore letters that season?

The fact of the matter is that this team has left all 5 of those points on the table so far this year. They really need to stop doing that. It's great that they were in all the games to the end, but they have to develop the killer instinct that seperates championship teams from everyone else.

But things could be worse:
              We could have been swept...
              at home...
              while scoring a total of zero goals.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Well, that's pretty much it, isn't it. I didn't see the game, but based Posick's/Cerniglia's call of the game and quotes from Eaves, it sounds like the Badgers didn't come out with enough intensity to start the game. And then, of course, after generating some momentum and tying things up, they screw themselves w/ the penalties. Stupid. Should've won that game, and if they had come out with more intensity earlier on or if they hadn't screwed themselves with the CFB's, I'd like to think that they would've won.
                "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  at home...
                  That WOULD have been horrible. Even worse, you could have then watched football the next day to take away the sting of said shutouts and seen your savior/quarterback turn the ball over not once, but twice for defensive touchdowns and then lose the game. That would REALLY suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Would any of the Sr or Jr players on the 05-06 team have taken a CFB major penalty in a game while killing off a CFB major? Would Gilbert or Burish or Joudrey (those that wore letters that season?

The fact of the matter is that this team has left all 5 of those points on the table so far this year. They really need to stop doing that. It's great that they were in all the games to the end, but they have to develop the killer instinct that seperates championship teams from everyone else.

at home...
                    that's just it. Burish, Dowell, Macmurchy, Carlson, Earl, Pavelski, Licari, Brandt, those guys wouldn't have taken a CFB in the first place (generalizing) but DEFINITELY not immediately after killing off one.

And the reason is that 2-3 guys in that group would have made it CLEAR to the players that that crap isn't going to happen. And if they had to they'd enforce that in practice physically.

ugh.

I don't care if it's a freshman or Senior but someone needs to take the reigns and control the team.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      That WOULD have been horrible. Even worse, you could have then watched football the next day to take away the sting of said shutouts and seen your savior/quarterback turn the ball over not once, but twice for defensive touchdowns and then lose the game. That would REALLY suck.
                      Hey now, the INT was NOT Brett's fault (and the fumble would have never happened if not for a B.S. 'tripping' penalty that negated the TD to Rice that would have made it 17-13 Vikes, completely changing the dynamic of the game). Alas, humble in victory, gracious in defeat. The Steelers made plays when it mattered, the Vikings did not. See your Packers next weekend (and your Badgers the following!)

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        Hey now, the INT was NOT Brett's fault (and the fumble would have never happened if not for a B.S. 'tripping' penalty that negated the TD to Rice that would have made it 17-13 Vikes, completely changing the dynamic of the game).
                        Those distinctions were never made when he was here. How many times does a receiver run the wrong route that causes an int? That pass on the int was a bit high although the receiver still should have caught it.

There's always other plays that contribute to the outcome of a game. Like you said though, the Steelers made plays when it mattered.

Either way, I stand by my prediction that the Queen's season will end on a pick 6. It's just what he does now and with the Viking's history of incredible meltdowns, it's like a perfect storm situation.

Obligatory hockey content: the Gohpers really suck so far.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60min View Post
                          Well, that's pretty much it, isn't it. I didn't see the game, but based Posick's/Cerniglia's call of the game and quotes from Eaves, it sounds like the Badgers didn't come out with enough intensity to start the game. And then, of course, after generating some momentum and tying things up, they screw themselves w/ the penalties. Stupid. Should've won that game, and if they had come out with more intensity earlier on or if they hadn't screwed themselves with the CFB's, I'd like to think that they would've won.
                          I did see both games. Friday I wish in the 3rd period UW would have popped a couple more just to keep the momentum up. Friday, all Kato's players seemed a step behind and the goaltending was bad.

Saturday, right from the drop of the puck, Kato had all the speed you are used to seeing out of them. The play was pretty even, whereas Friday, the rink was tipped towards the Kato end. UW had some great chances to score throughout the game, and even after both CFB's expired, they had 3 great chances to tie, they just couldn't bury the puck. Kato's goalie player very well.

I'm not overly upset about the loss. They are generating good scoring chances. C Smith is going to be a special player. He was very physical and made sneaky plays with the puck. Too bad he lost his head on that CFB. He skated a long way at high speed to get that guy. B Smith showed he's the most offensively talented D on the roster. Some of his plays made me think they ought to swtich him back to forward and you'd have a physically mature Turris type player on your hands. Davies played a physical as anyone and looked good with the puck. He needs to play every night - so does B Smith.

Schultz fit in seemlessly on D.

Really a bummer McD took that CFB. He was within a stride of the guy, and slowly moved towards him and levelled him. I think he's going out of his way to be overly physical. I really thought if they kill that penalty, they at least get 1 point out of the night.

The PP seems to be too complicated. Put 1 forward on each side of the goal, get shots on net and clean up on rebounds.

Now UW needs to avenge last year's loses against UNH.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I have two tickets to sell at face value ($22 per ticket) for the games against the Gophers on Friday Nov 6th and Saturday Nov 7th. The Friday tickets are in section 106 (row G) and the Saturday tickets are in section 220 (row F). If you're interested in either or both games send me an email through USCHO or at Sunnybasic@msn.com. I'm willing to sell the two tickets for either or both games depending on buyers prefence.
                            I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I did see both games.

The PP seems to be too complicated. Put 1 forward on each side of the goal, get shots on net and clean up on rebounds.
                              I've often felt this way and I believe I posted last year about the power play. I watch the NHL just about every night. All the teams move the puck according to their "system" (cycling, etc.) but one thing they do that I don't see in college; they feed the points OFTEN and the guys launch the pucks like sidewinder missiles MULTIPLE times. It's not surprising how many pucks are tipped in or rebounds put-back. I just don't recall seeing this much in college.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                Went to the Madison Ice Muskie game last night. It was pretty entertaining. Tom Bardis is playing on the team.

$3 for a 16oz Bud isn't bad and the hockey was fun too watch. The score was 8-7.

Some other local players are Kerns and Cripps.
                                yeah put bardis on defense in the middle of the friday game because there D was so brutal friday night and he played a lot of Defense with Wisconsin when he had to sit out a year. Ice Muskies won 6-0 on saturday and a couple great fights as well. Looks like a good start for them and i hope the success continues...
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X