Outside College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside College Hockey

That didn't take long for this website to already hype the BC vs BU game. But yet nothign from this site about the game at Camp Randall... Oh anybody who thinks there isn't east coast bias in college hockey here is your proof.

Now I really hope Camp Randall is packed to the gills and its between 2 of the top teams in the country in feb. just so it blows the BC vs BU game out of the Water...

Anybody want to pick odds that ESPN picks up the BC vs BU outdoor game. yOu know they want to get in on the outdoor hockey action and sense they can't do NHL this is the next best thing considering ESPN located right there anyway... WHAT A JOKE!!!
    The Quest For 7

Re: Outside College Hockey

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    That didn't take long for this website to already hype the BC vs BU game. But yet nothign from this site about the game at Camp Randall... Oh anybody who thinks there isn't east coast bias in college hockey here is your proof.

Now I really hope Camp Randall is packed to the gills and its between 2 of the top teams in the country in feb. just so it blows the BC vs BU game out of the Water...

Anybody want to pick odds that ESPN picks up the BC vs BU outdoor game. yOu know they want to get in on the outdoor hockey action and sense they can't do NHL this is the next best thing considering ESPN located right there anyway... WHAT A JOKE!!!
    nesn picked up the fenway games. espn wouldn't touch that. you also fail to acknowledge that the camp randall game was announced during the season, thus killing any exclusive PR opportunity. uscho has nothing else to report on right now, why in the world would they ignore this?
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      nesn picked up the fenway games. espn wouldn't touch that. you also fail to acknowledge that the camp randall game was announced during the season, thus killing any exclusive PR opportunity. uscho has nothing else to report on right now, why in the world would they ignore this?

they don't have to ignore this, i don't expect them too, i just find it a little interesting that there has not been a word reported on this site about the CRHC thats all... Specially considering it was announced 1st. Frustrating thats all
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Not really sure what to tell you. Was there a big press conference for the CRHC? Will there be? I'd be more upset that it wasn't covered than them covering this (like said, what else is going on?)

Its the first eastern outdoor college hockey game, and the first one in conjunction with the NHL Winter Classic. And its Fenway Frickin Park . The Lambeau one was publicized quite highly when it was announced and played, IIRC. I'd have more of a gripe that your announcement wasn't covered than them covering this one

And really, I just checked out the front page... there's ONE article, and a pictorial. USCHO photographer Melissa lives right by Fenway, and happened to be able to shoot it. I think you're bieng a little hyper sensitive..
        Last edited by WildShawn; 08-21-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          Not really sure what to tell you. Was there a big press conference for the CRHC? Will there be? I'd be more upset that it wasn't covered than them covering this (like said, what else is going on?)

Its the first eastern outdoor college hockey game, and the first one in conjunction with the NHL Winter Classic. And its Fenway Frickin Park . The Lambeau one was publicized quite highly when it was announced and played, IIRC. I'd have more of a gripe that your announcement wasn't covered than them covering this one

And really, I just checked out the front page... there's ONE article, and a pictorial. USCHO photographer Melissa lives right by Fenway, and happened to be able to shoot it. I think you're bieng a little hyper sensitive..
          Good explanation - Fenway is a more intriguing venue than Camp Randall because it's Fenway (I'm a Yankee fan) and it's associated with the Winter Classic. Also, I do remember when the CRHC was announced in February or March or whenever that was, that there was coverage on USCHO of it - problem was, it was in February and March which would probably be the worst PR time for it to be announced. To simply write this off as eastern bias is ignoring some realities of the situation.

Comment

Good explanation - Fenway is a more intriguing venue than Camp Randall because it's Fenway (I'm a Yankee fan) and it's associated with the Winter Classic. Also, I do remember when the CRHC was announced in February or March or whenever that was, that there was coverage on USCHO of it - problem was, it was in February and March which would probably be the worst PR time for it to be announced. To simply write this off as eastern bias is ignoring some realities of the situation.
            Yeah it looks like it was April 4th. I'm thinking there was some other stuff going on in the college hockey world. I would fault Wisconsin for announcing it during the thick of the NCAA's/Frozen Four if you're really that bent out of shape that there's not a front page mention and pictorial of it...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              Yeah it looks like it was April 4th. I'm thinking there was some other stuff going on in the college hockey world. I would fault Wisconsin for announcing it during the thick of the NCAA's/Frozen Four if you're really that bent out of shape that there's not a front page mention and pictorial of it...
              It was released April 4th that the game was going to happen yes. but the official press conf. with the coaches and sponsor and stuff was a little more then a month ago...
              The Quest For 7

Comment

nobody cares about wisconsin thanks to brett farve, and you really want more attention?
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

It was released April 4th that the game was going to happen yes. but the official press conf. with the coaches and sponsor and stuff was a little more then a month ago...
                  why would they hold a press conference three months after an event was announced formally? what incentive does uscho have to cover a press conference for an event that's already been confirmed to happen and tickets have been on sale for for a few months? the fault here really appears to be on the involved teams and the wcha for botching this PR opportunity royally.

Comment

why would they hold a press conference three months after an event was announced formally? what incentive does uscho have to cover a press conference for an event that's already been confirmed to happen and tickets have been on sale for for a few months? the fault here really appears to be on the involved teams and the wcha for botching this PR opportunity royally.
                    I have been skeptical of the promoting of this event by the UW sense it was announced, anyone who reads my posts on the wisconsin threads knows that and you make some good points. You would just think the leading college hockey news website would have mentioned something about it by now considering it has a chance to be the largest attended outdoor hockey game in history... hey just sayin... maybe somebody at UW should have gave USCHO a heads up about the event or something, who knows...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

they don't have to ignore this, i don't expect them too, i just find it a little interesting that there has not been a word reported on this site about the CRHC thats all... Specially considering it was announced 1st. Frustrating thats all
                      sorry, are they supposed to be your ad bureau?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        sorry, are they supposed to be your ad bureau?
                        Oh- my- God!!!, clueless... ITS THERE JOB TO COVER THE SPORT OF COLLEGE HOCKEY! AN OUTDOOR GAME BETWEEN TWO LEGENDARY PROGRAMS IS BIG NEWS. JUST AS BU VS BC IS BIG NEWS... OUTDOOR HOCKEY IS BIG NEWS!!!

Would nhl.com and tsn.ca cover the BC vs BU game if it wasn't being played after the winter classic and fenway park, what if they were playing it at BC's football stadium? Would this website have covered it had it been played at BC's footbal stadium... YES they sure would have. And quite frankly i'll give uscho the benifit of the doubt and say the CRHC was made news at a bad time to get the proper attention, seeing as there is now a 2nd outdoor college game it could be a good time to mention there is another big outdoor game being played this year with two pretty decent programs as well, at the oldest college football stadium in the country. Sounds like a story to me, as a college hockey fan. IDK though, guess not!!! I guess i'm just off my rocker...
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Oh- my- God!!!, clueless... ITS THERE JOB TO COVER THE SPORT OF COLLEGE HOCKEY! AN OUTDOOR GAME BETWEEN TWO LEGENDARY PROGRAMS IS BIG NEWS. JUST AS BU VS BC IS BIG NEWS... OUTDOOR HOCKEY IS BIG NEWS!!!

Would nhl.com and tsn.ca cover the BC vs BU game if it wasn't being played after the winter classic and fenway park, what if they were playing it at BC's football stadium? Would this website have covered it had it been played at BC's footbal stadium... YES they sure would have. And quite frankly i'll give uscho the benifit of the doubt and say the CRHC was made news at a bad time to get the proper attention, seeing as there is now a 2nd outdoor college game it could be a good time to mention there is another big outdoor game being played this year with two pretty decent programs as well, at the oldest college football stadium in the country. Sounds like a story to me, as a college hockey fan. IDK though, guess not!!! I guess i'm just off my rocker...
                          First of all, outdoor games aren't exactly news anymore. The only reason Fenway is even considered special is because its Fenway. if this were foxboro this would be about 3 notches lower on the importance scale. I don't make the rules on this... it just seems to be how it works. Second of all anything involving BC-BU ends up being hyped far more than its actual importance in the grand scheme. I hate to say it but to outsiders this is the marquee match-up and that is due to the eastern sportswriter bias.

All that being said, to expect USCHO to go and say "yeah, I guess UW's doing some outdoor game thingy" is a touch out of place. Also to think that they're going to treat any situation with equal weight is just silly... they don't owe that to anybody.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

it's not THEIR job to cover anything. It's mostly volunteer work. Was there no mention when it was first announced? Did Wisconsin let USCHO know beforehand that there would be an announcement? The Fenway thing was known for a while, and Hockey East let everyone know there would be an 'official' announcement on the 20th, and people were there to cover it.

Comment

when i google CRHC and wisconsin, the first thing that pops up is a planned parenthood site. what exactly are we promoting here?
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X