Schroeder to the Canucks????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schroeder to the Canucks????

Dan Murphy at sportsnet.ca is reporting that the Vancouver Canucks are looking to sign Jordan Schroeder and possibly have him play in Everett this season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs...phy_schroeder/
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Re: Schroeder to the Canucks????

Ouch.

If you're asking why would Schroeder leave university to play junior hockey, my guess is the Canucks aren't that happy with the Gophers program right now. And if Patrick White is staying in Minny, then that might also tell you how the Canucks feel about him and his progress within the Gophers system.

Comment

If so that is rotten. They could have made this decision two months ago.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        If so that is rotten. They could have made this decision two months ago.
        Its probably a wild rumor, but even so...ouch.

Here are some potential USCHO thread titles.

What's Next for the Gophers? Good or Bad?

Not cool, Canucks. Not cool.

Why do the Canucks hate college hockey???

It's construction season! Somebody needs to rebuild the Gophers

Save Minnesota hockey!

Last edited by dggoddard; 08-20-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Ouch part deaux,,,,

from a comment on the article...

I would also venture to guess the Canucks pulling Schroeder early would mean that White has that much better a chance of cracking the Gophers top 6 this year with Schroeder gone. So there's another reason why this would make sense for all parties involved.

Comment

Yes!!!!

Comment

All parties involved minus the Gophers that is.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Schroeder is an unbelievable player who will make it to the NHL whichever path he takes. Want to know how I know that? Because the Minnesota Wild took a high school defenseman instead of Schroeder.

If this report is correct, the young man is at an interesting, tough, great spot in his hockey career...do you stay in college because it's fun or do you honor the wishes of your future employer and become a professional hockey player. Heart-strings will say stay with the Gophers, give coach Lucia a break, give the fans at Mariucci Arena 50+ reasons to stand up and spell their state's name, don't abandon a floundering ship. Hockey says follow the course the Canucks set for you and become a pro.

I don't believe the Canucks wanting Schroeder to play for an NHL coach in the major junior ranks is any reflection on Patrick White's situation other than the Canucks don't want to give White a dime to do the same thing. I don't know that the Canucks are unhappy with the Gophers as much as they are unhappy with White and want Schroeder, a very different level of player than White, to get on the fast-track to the NHL.

If Schroeder signs, that will be a big blow to the Gophers and the certainty of their return to the Frozen Four. But, hey, at least Patrick White will have a better shot at being a top line player for Minnesota! Maybe with Sacchetti and Hansen? Or Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                  Yes!!!!
                  I have still come to the conclusion that you are a jealous fan.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
                    Schroeder is an unbelievable player who will make it to the NHL whichever path he takes. Want to know how I know that? Because the Minnesota Wild took a high school defenseman instead of Schroeder.

If this report is correct, the young man is at an interesting, tough, great spot in his hockey career...do you stay in college because it's fun or do you honor the wishes of your future employer and become a professional hockey player. Heart-strings will say stay with the Gophers, give coach Lucia a break, give the fans at Mariucci Arena 50+ reasons to stand up and spell their state's name, don't abandon a floundering ship. Hockey says follow the course the Canucks set for you and become a pro.

I don't believe the Canucks wanting Schroeder to play for an NHL coach in the major junior ranks is any reflection on Patrick White's situation other than the Canucks don't want to give White a dime to do the same thing. I don't know that the Canucks are unhappy with the Gophers as much as they are unhappy with White and want Schroeder, a very different level of player than White, to get on the fast-track to the NHL.

If Schroeder signs, that will be a big blow to the Gophers and the certainty of their return to the Frozen Four. But, hey, at least Patrick White will have a better shot at being a top line player for Minnesota! Maybe with Sacchetti and Hansen? Or Miller.
                    Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      I have still come to the conclusion that you are a jealous fan.
                      Of course I wish Schroeder played for the Huskies..

Comment

Let's hope not.

Hard to believe that Vancouver did not like Jordan's development at Minnesota last year, where was excellent and saw action in a variety of situations and got plenty of ice time against older and stronger players.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          Ouch.
                          In which way could he have developed more/differently than he did last season? There's really nothing logical behind such speculation.

Comment

Well if this is true somebody just shattered my glass. I was really looking forward to this season too.

EDIT: Appears the scuttle on GPL discounts the rumor. Whew..........................
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 08-20-2009, 09:11 PM.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              EDIT: Appears the scuttle on GPL discounts the rumor. Whew..........................
                              Seemingly, the only rumors which never come true are the ones that are leaked by the WHL teams. The WHL doesn't seem to have the "pull" that the OHL high rollers possess.

Comment

Working...
                              X