Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Couple of Qs

1) How'd the Stack-less first line look?

2) I forget who is the sophmore goalie (Kingston?). How'd she look? She's no Schaus, I know, but still, what do you expect from her?
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Success?
      Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      1) Outscore Clarkson for the period. Get that monkey of their shoulder of getting their first goal, going into tomorrow.
      Push. Goals were 1-1 on the period, so we didn't outscore them, but we did get our first goal.
      2) Outshoot Clarkson and show control of the period.
      No. We were outshot 13-4 in the last period, and Clarkson certainly controlled the play.
      3) Continue to keep players out of the box. The 2nd period had a ton better discipline.
      No. While better than the first, they still had (I believe) 2 penalties in the third period.

The shots for the game were 29-15 in favor of Clarkson.

This game was not pretty. They lacked offensive spark. That was definitely the most concerning part of the game. Boyles played well, giving up two goals on 21 shots, including one blast from the slot.

Clarkson looked very good. Thibault might have been the star of the game, she was all over the place (at least from what I could hear).

It was tough to tell who played well for BC, the video was choppy a lot of the time and I couldn't read numbers.

I think after tomorrow we will have a very good idea of what to expect this season.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        Couple of Qs

1) How'd the Stack-less first line look?
        I couldn't tell which line was which most of the time, but they all looked painfully ordinary. I did notice Thunstrom quite a but. She definitely had the effort, but the results were just not there for any line, really. I'm really, really hoping it's a lot of rust.
        2) I forget who is the sophmore goalie (Kingston?). How'd she look? She's no Schaus, I know, but still, what do you expect from her?
        Kingston played the first period and gave up a goal on Clarkson's 2nd, 3rd, and 5th shots. She looked tentative. I thought Boyles played much better and looked significantly more comfortable in net. Boyles played the last two periods.

If I were to guess, I would think that Boyles will get the nod tomorrow and should play the entire game barring a meltdown.
        Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-02-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I couldn't tell which line was which most of the time, but they all looked painfully ordinary. I did notice Thunstrom quite a but. She definitely had the effort, but the results were just not there for any line, really. I'm really, really hoping it's a lot of rust.
          And what about defense? Thunstrom is anything but a two-way player; I've notice a lot of times she'll dance around the circles, looking to pounce on a loose puck (or, more likely, wait for Stack to break away). I wouldn't be surprised if she took her stick off the ice.

Without Stack around to feed her, Thunderstruck is going to have to start playing more defense.
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

And what about defense? Thunstrom is anything but a two-way player; I've notice a lot of times she'll dance around the circles, looking to pounce on a loose puck (or, more likely, wait for Stack to break away). I wouldn't be surprised if she took her stick off the ice.

Without Stack around to feed her, Thunderstruck is going to have to start playing more defense.
            I really couldn't tell, the feed was okay but not sharp.

In general, the defense played okay, with a couple particularly good plays, but also a couple bad breakdowns, especially the one leading to Clarkson's 2-on-0, which they didn't score on.

The more I think back about the game, the more I think Boyles was a real bright spot. She gave up two goals, but Clarkson really had several very good chances.

Comment

I wasn't reading the post full through, and missed where you were watching on TV.

In that case, no worries. Hopefully they gel for the season. I'm thinking that I might be in town for the BU-BC game at WBA. Burritos?

Comment

BC ran into a really great game played by Clarkson toknight. Clarkson's defense had many blocked shots and had a couple of beautiful sweep checks of the puck that if they missed would have led to a couple of BC breakaways. Can't really say how well Clarkson's goalie Dahm played because she really was not tested on any of the 13 or so shots BC managed to put on goal. Clarkson's forewards, especially Thibeault, Lavoie, Waldie, Selina, Boudreau, and Baribeau outplayed BC's front and gave BC's defense a fit all knight. As you said Thibeault was definitely the first star in my mind. At times she looked like a mens player the way she could control the puck and skate. She also made a number of great passes that Clarkson forwards just failed to convert. It will be interesting to see how game 2 comes on tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately I will not be home to catch that one on the net. LGT
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Does no one know how to pronounce Thunstrom? Seriously?

EDIT: Reshuka?!?! Come on, these arent difficult names.

And I'm half expecting Dominique "Tebow" to throw a hail mary or something.
                  Told ya Clarkson's announcers know nothing. I basically have to mute the volume....or punching the computer screen repeatedly becomes reality.

I expect a much better game out of the Eagles tomorrow. and just for the record, Miss Thibault has added a much needed spark to the Clarkson offense. I can pretty much guarantee this wouldn't have happened last year without her presence. She seems to make the players around her better.
                  (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    BC ran into a really great game played by Clarkson tonight. Clarkson's defense had many blocked shots and had a couple of beautiful sweep checks of the puck that if they missed would have led to a couple of BC breakaways.
                    Accurate.

Can't really say how well Clarkson's goalie Dahm played because she really was not tested on any of the 13 or so shots BC managed to put on goal.
                    She really wasn't, but we had a couple good chances and she definitely stepped it up when we had them.

Clarkson's forwards, especially Thibault, Lavoie, Waldie, Selina, Boudreau, and Baribeau outplayed BC's front and gave BC's defense a fit all knight.
                    Also accurate.

all knight.
                    Well done. Subtle enough where I almost missed it.

As you said Thibault was definitely the first star in my mind.
                    Also accurate. BC's star was probably Boyles.

It will be interesting to see how game 2 comes on tomorrow afternoon.
                    It certainly will. Should give both teams a much clearer idea of what their identities are.

Unfortunately I will not be home to catch that one on the net.
                    Same. I'm in the BC Marching Band, and we have a full day of festivities tomorrow with ESPN College GameDay in town.

Comment

Seems like all are in consensus regarding the events of the game. Clarkson was by far the better team on offense and defense. Their size, speed and maturity was evident in each period; especially the first. I do think that BC showed some signs of life after the first period, but given the dominance displayed by Clarkson, I think Coach King is going to have to do some searching for better matchups. Will be interesting to see the outcome of tomorrow's game. Also interested to see how Clarkson will stack up this year in the ECAC. They certainly looked very strong this evening.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa...

stop the presses....

Why'd Thibault transfer?

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa...

stop the presses....

Why'd Thibault transfer?
                          Reasons unannounced....

But Clarkson's sure happy to have her. She might just be the hubby/wife duo's saving grace.
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                            Reasons unannounced....

But Clarkson's sure happy to have her. She might just be the hubby/wife duo's saving grace.
                            So THATS why Uconn isn't in the top 4.

Comment

And the graduation of Brittany Wilson doesn't help either.

Comment

So THATS why Uconn isn't in the top 4.
                                They also lost Brittany Wilson for academic reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X