• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Nine ties! What's the all time BC record? Hahaha
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Answered my own question - 9.

They've already set the all-time BC tie record.

The previous mark was 7.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
        Answered my own question - 9.

They've already set the all-time BC tie record.

The previous mark was 7.
        B..S..j,

Looks like they took another batch of penalties tonite too...kind of a trend huh?!!! Just an observation !!!

Chip

Comment

1-0 SLU after 1. Shots are 15-3 but that seems misleading, BC played a pretty even period. BC also had 2 penalties to SLU's 0.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Looks like 4 - 0 near the end of the game. Of course, hard to tell with Gametracker - the kids could be on the bus by now
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Just went final a few minutes ago, 4-0.

Very, very poorly played game by the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Just went final a few minutes ago, 4-0.

Very, very poorly played game by the Eagles.
                OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                  OUCH!
                  Well, it was. I can't remember how many blown defensive assignments there were in the neutral zone, but it was a lot. Also, we managed probably a grand total of one or two even halfway decent scoring threats.

Comment

gallery - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/w/01/15/slu-bc.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Well, it was. I can't remember how many blown defensive assignments there were in the neutral zone, but it was a lot. Also, we managed probably a grand total of one or two even halfway decent scoring threats.
                      St Lawrence obviously made some adjustments from the first game. I didn't see either so it's just and assumption!

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                        St Lawrence obviously made some adjustments from the first game. I didn't see either so it's just and assumption!
                        Hmmm...you mean to say you were obviously assuming the obvious?
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

After some initial technical difficulties with CBS Sports, was able to watch a pretty competitive BC/BU battle. Lot's of ebbs and flows with much more defense than offense being displayed. The open net goal by BU at the end put things away, but not before BC had several decent chances with the skater advantage. Thunstrom looked strong for BC while Haber seemed particularly sharp in the third period in the BU goal.

Overall think this outing as well as other recent Hockey East matchups continue to indicate that the end of season tournament can go to any of the top 6 teams. Goal for all should be to be in the top 6.

Finally, I heard Grant on the trumpet in the stands this evening (also he got some props from the play by play announcer), so I'm sure the team appreciates the support, but please make sure you have some energy for March. I'm banking on BC hanging in the top 6.

Comment

BC did make a valiant effort in the third, and Haber definitely had some highlight reel saves including a 2-1 feed setup by Thunstrom for a one timer...BAM door closed! Good stuff!

To me the story of this game was simply that BU was just faster, and overall more athletic than the Eagles were. Longer sustained possessions, quicker to win loose puck battles, and without question quicker to to jump on the rebounds for the two goals they earned long before the empty netter.

Credit Boyles for keeping the Eagles in the game with some highlight reel saves of her own.

Bottom line for BC, I'm afraid..... wait 'til next year. Need more speed, more agility, more overall athleticism. A team can only get so far by praying that they can hit their star player at the opposing blue line with a touchdown pass. It ought to take a little more than that to win, and guess what... IT DOES!

Oh, and lastly.... TonytheTiger20 absolutely was awesome on the horn once again, exhorting the troops with all the passion any team can ask for. Maybe he IS the 7th player they need to get through the Hockey East Tourney! If anyone can provide that much inspiration, it's TTT20 for sure!
                            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                              Bottom line for BC, I'm afraid..... wait 'til next year.
                              While some drop was expected due to graduation and centralization losses, I didn't realize that BC would have as many wins as Union at this point of the year -- and less than both Maine and Vermont. Yes, their winning % is better, but for a tourney team from last year to only leave the ice happy 5 times... I guess it's just the kind of thing one sees in an Olympic year.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                                Finally, I heard Grant on the trumpet in the stands this evening (also he got some props from the play by play announcer)
                                Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                                Oh, and lastly.... TonytheTiger20 absolutely was awesome on the horn once again, exhorting the troops with all the passion any team can ask for. Maybe he IS the 7th player they need to get through the Hockey East Tourney! If anyone can provide that much inspiration, it's TTT20 for sure!
                                Wow, thanks for the compliments!

What did the PBP announcer say?

(I'm purposely not discussing the game...)

Comment

Working...
                                X