• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    If we beat UNH I'm rushing the ice.
    If you beat UNH I'm rushing home
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I might be all alone
      You can sit with us
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

This boy will be there. Joe won't until the very end at best, my friend Mike should be there, though I'm not sure if he's working or what. I might be all alone
        Technically, you always are when you are at games.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          You can sit with us
          Not if freak's there. Unless he showers first.

OOOOOOOOOoooooOOoOOOOooOooOoOooo, it's on now!
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Ouch.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

I would say "*** happened," but I bet I could probably figure out in my head exactly what happened and now. It seems like a lot of these games against top teams are instant replays.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Images from UNH @ BC - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/w/12/08/unh-bc.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                  I would say "*** happened," but I bet I could probably figure out in my head exactly what happened and now. It seems like a lot of these games against top teams are instant replays.
                  It was pretty much a carbon copy of both UMD games, although I will say I think UNH is better than UMD. UMD did not impress.

Comment

UMD did not impress.
                    While I know what you mean, my reaction to UMD has been the opposite. If you take a team with a typical number of graduating seniors and remove their best forward and a franchise goalie, that team is going to struggle. BC makes a good Exhibit A. In the case of UMD, they also lost two more top forwards, their best D, plus another D. That's a lot to replace in a short time when you can't recruit to replace them because you hope they'll return. They still have to deal with losing a couple more players during the Olympics, but I've been impressed with their first half.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      While I know what you mean, my reaction to UMD has been the opposite. If you take a team with a typical number of graduating seniors and remove their best forward and a franchise goalie, that team is going to struggle. BC makes a good Exhibit A. In the case of UMD, they also lost two more top forwards, their best D, plus another D. That's a lot to replace in a short time when you can't recruit to replace them because you hope they'll return. They still have to deal with losing a couple more players during the Olympics, but I've been impressed with their first half.
                      I'm not saying they don't deserve an extra pat on the head for winning despite player loss, I just think they're overrated in the standings based on how they played. They were good, but not amazing.

Comment

They were good, but not amazing.
                        Just like every ranked team I've seen this season. Which is only half of the current top 10.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Well, my point remains, I think UNH is better.

Comment

Eastern Bias!
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Based on results to date, I think that's fair. I would guess which of the two teams (UNH/UMD) fares better in the final rankings will be determined by who improves more over the second half, as they are both rather young.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X