Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Goalie is the least of our concerns right now no matter who's in the net - how is this team going to start creating offense? They often look listless through the neutral zone.
    In all three zones, which obviously doesn't make the goaltender's life any easier.
    Last edited by Hux; 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I really thought defensemen creating offense would be one of this team's strenghts. That aspect of the game is just as puzzling as it's been for all four years I've been here, though. Just weird.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I really thought defensemen creating offense would be one of this team's strengths.
        You've obviously seen your team a ton more than I have, but I'd say it would be more important to have your defensemen playing good, solid D throughout. The Eagles have played Minnesota 3 times in the last couple of years, and every time the Gophers have scored very early, and that first goal wound up being very significant in the final score. Part of the problem each time was that one or more defensemen failed to pick somebody up. Coach King said after the NCAA game last spring something to the effect that BC had been a slow starting team, but that was going to change [this] season. But against UMD, the 'Dogs score on the second shift, and BC faces an uphill battle right away.

If a team isn't going to score a lot -- and BC is near the bottom in offense -- then it is critical that they buckle down on D for all 60 minutes. Northeastern has shown that a team can have success with little offense if they take care of their own end.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I really thought defensemen creating offense would be one of this team's strenghts. That aspect of the game is just as puzzling as it's been for all four years I've been here, though. Just weird.
          my thoughts exactly. BC has a few blueliners capable of creating offense. and a few players up front that should be able to sustain offense. Im going to place the blame squarely on Kingedy Barto and say that the strategy is obviously not working.....in other words, can we try something new already? Quite frankly, Im not sure how Katie keeps getting all these coaching assignments (cue Huxs rebuttal). Maybe the players need to step it the eff up?
          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
            Maybe the players need to step it the eff up?
            Ah, yeah. A whole lot of talent making typical freshman mistakes, but also some stuff that comes from trying to do it on their own. And there are some compete level issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
              can we try something new already?
              There has absolutely been a different strategy over the last few weeks. They've been throwing the puck at the net a ton more than earlier in the season. The problem isn't that we aren't trying anything different, it's that the results are the same.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

NU figured out how to beat Allie Thunstrom. All you have to do is trip her, hit her, or throw her into the goalie every time she enters the attacking zone.

Fortunately, they didn't have any such answer for Danielle Welch. 3-2 BC in OT.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Great win!!
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Super victory for BC in HE. Takes much of the sting away from last week's series with UMD. BC is a young team, making good positive strides, well positioned at almost the halfway point within HE.... Second half of season should be even more exciting. Congrats on the victory.

Comment

It was very encouraging to see Welch step up and shoulder part of Restuccia's load while she's sidelined. Motherwell and Bolden continue to improve, Szlosek had a pretty good game...

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

'Bout time to talk shop, isn't it boys

Which BC fans will be at the game tonight?
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                          'Bout time to talk shop, isn't it boys

Which BC fans will be at the game tonight?
                          This boy is thinking about it!

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                            This boy is thinking about it!
                            And non-boys!
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

This boy will be there. Joe won't until the very end at best, my friend Mike should be there, though I'm not sure if he's working or what. I might be all alone

Comment

If we beat UNH I'm rushing the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X