Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by hockey4life48 View Post
    dru burns hands down best defence at BC mayb even in college hockey this year
    Have you watched a lot of college hockey? There are a lot of top D already in the college system. I am sure that Ms Burns is a fine player, but to say that she is the best hands down is a big stretch. Let her actions speak for themselves on the ice. We will know soon enough, less than a month to go
    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Add Laura Hart, transfer from Clarkson, to the roster. She is a forward.

Comment

Forgot all about her.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Better than Bolden? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            Better than Bolden? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I doubt it.
            or Kurth, I doubt it
            GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Hockey4life43, I fear that by making this statement you've created feedback that may make this defensive player feel as if the BC fans will put pressure on her to be a superstar. I'm sure she's a great player, but making this statement is crazy. It could very well be that she is a top defensive player, however the feedback you get with a statement like that while not meant to be negative can't possibly make the girl feel overwhelmingly happy.

Comment

1. i doubt burns even reads this thread 2. i am very confident in my statement...she should have been on u18 both years im not sure what usa hockey was doing when they cut her both times but she is the smartest defensemen ive seen in some time now and she has very good hands i believe she is better than kurth and bolden...u guys will all understand soon

Comment

1. i doubt burns even reads this thread 2. i am very confident in my statement...she should have been on u18 both years im not sure what usa hockey was doing when they cut her both times but she is the smartest defensemen ive seen in some time now and she has very good hands i believe she is better than kurth and bolden...u guys will all understand soon
                  It's going to take a little more time and evidence for me to buy the "maybe even in college hockey this year" component of your original thought.

There's a lot of formidable competition for that title.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

have any of you even see her play?

Comment

have any of you even see her play?
                      Not me, but I've seen many other very talented D currently playing in the WCHA...plus several in HE and the ECAC. Like I said...there's quite a few that would certainly merit consideration, if "the best" could even be determined. I'm glad some fortunate fans will get the chance to judge for themselves.

I'm not supposed to assume she may be the best in college hockey am I?
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I have seen her play plenty, and you are not even remotely close in your evaluation of her talent.... she'll be another freshman with a lot to learn.

Comment

...she should have been on u18 both years im not sure what usa hockey was doing when they cut her both times
                          I'm sure she is quite talented(she wouldn't be headed to BC is she wasn't), and there is no doubt that a number of very talented players did not make a cut for the U18s, but I think not making it twice should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                            I'm sure she is quite talented(she wouldn't be headed to BC is she wasn't), and there is no doubt that a number of very talented players did not make a cut for the U18s, but I think not making it twice should tell you something.
                            I agree, let's let her play tell the story once the season starts. This poster singling out this player throughout their short time on this message board implies that this is someone close to the player. They are either a devout fan or someone trying to set her up for a fall by stating her superiority of all defensemen in the college ranks before she has even played one game.
                            GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

Comment

i personally dont know ms burns so for you to say that it is incorrect..i am from minnesota and saw her play many many many times over the last 3 years..did you guys happen to catch the national championship game this past year? she had a goal (gwg) and 3 assists..shut coyne down the entire game and was one of the best players on the ice next to kessel

Comment

This is ridiculous. Unless you have watched every women's player in college hockey, I suggest you stop with the hyperbole. I'm sure Dru is quite good, but let's calm down a little bit, eh?
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X