Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Will they cheat and plow over our goalie in overtime again? Come to Conte Forum today at 1pm to find out!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Is there no video coverage of today's and tomorrow's BC vs UMD games?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Will they cheat and plow over our goalie in overtime again?
        The 'Dogs definitely will send somebody to the net on the rush. But when I watched the replay of that goal, my thought was, "wow, the BC D just backed into her goalie." I think you have to make more of an effort to defend your crease on a play like that, or it will be a long day.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UMD up 1-0 early on BC.

Comment

BC played great and lost. Luckily our OOC games are exhibitions. I'm glad we're showing some fight though. As Joe said earlier today, if we play like we did today against teams from WHEA, we'll win our share of games.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              BC played great and lost. Luckily our OOC games are exhibitions. I'm glad we're showing some fight though. As Joe said earlier today, if we play like we did today against teams from WHEA, we'll win our share of games.
              Were you watching tape of some old game?

BC, with the exception of two or three players and the goalie, was in a tryptophan haze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Were you watching tape of some old game?

BC, with the exception of two or three players and the goalie, was in a tryptophan haze.
                Well that's encouraging, then. If we were able to hang tough with a top 5 team with only two or three players plus the goalie playing well, I'd say we're in good shape.

I didn't think BC played badly at all, and I thought Motherwell, Welch, and Bolden played one of their best games of the year. Also, I thought Kingston had a pretty average day. She wasn't the reason we lost, but wasn't anything spectacular.

Comment

I thought a bunch of players played good individual games, but they didn't get anything going as a team... at all... there was very little cohesion. Lots of off-target passes to nobody in particular.
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    I thought a bunch of players played good individual games, but they didn't get anything going as a team... at all... there was very little cohesion. Lots of off-target passes to nobody in particular.
                    Bingo. You know its not going as planned/hoped when Coach King squeezes her temples repeatedly.

Comment

Gallery from Friday's game vs. Minnesota-Duluth - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/w/11/27/umd-bc.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Ugh.

Comment

Sheesh.......

well, they've got about a week to recover before a big game against Northeastern. Hopefully they'll be able to take something out of this series, but I'm not sure if there's much positive to say.

Onward & upward. Keep the faith.
                          -

Comment

Agree with SuperFan that there is not much positive to say; unless you wish to discuss UMD. UMD outplayed BC on all facets of the game; offense, defense, goaltending, penalty play, penalty kill... over the two days. This on top of traveling across half the country, staying in a hotel, being bussed around... The bar is set high and according to the roster sheet, they also have a rather young team. I was impressed by UMD's speed, stick handling skills, passing (did you see some of those 2 on 1's and 3 on 2 passing displays?) and did I say passing? Think we need to give credit to UMD's team effort over the 2 days; albeit reluctantly.

Comment

So I'm guessing we're back onto a rigid goalie rotation again? Regardless of the opponent, Kingston and Boyles have been rotating, so that would mean Kingston against NU and Boyles against UNH.

I still think Boyles is probably the go-to goalie in a playoff scenario, but she's come back to earth a bit while Kingston has really made strides in recent weeks. Hopefully competition makes both of them better.

Goalie is the least of our concerns right now no matter who's in the net - how is this team going to start creating offense? They often look listless through the neutral zone.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                They often look listless through the neutral zone.
                                I disagree. We've, somehow, been getting out of the defensive end and through the Nuetral zone [sic] pretty reasonably. The problem is, we look like we don't know wtf to do next once we get through it.

"If we sweep [Minnesota-Duluth], that changes the entire season" - TonyTheTiger20, Nov. 27, 2009
                                I was not incorrect!

Comment

Working...
                                X