Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Wow, that's the first 10 minute misconduct I've ever seen for arguing with the referee.
    Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    I don't doubt that the 10 was for arguing, she did argue quite vociferously on the way to the box.
    The majority of the 10-minute misconducts (not game misconducts) that I have seen have been for just that.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      The majority of the 10-minute misconducts (not game misconducts) that I have seen have been for just that.
      Certainly a plurality, at least. It's not a common thing, but it's something you see from time to time.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Fair enough. I still haven't personally seen it before, but there's a first time for everything. I stand by everything else I said.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Fair enough. I still haven't personally seen it before, but there's a first time for everything. I stand by everything else I said.
          I agree with TonyTheTiger20; Anderson is a dirty player - not only in this specific instance, but when she plays other teams as well. There is a difference in being aggressive and another when you do stupid stuff (like diving over a goalie) when there is no reason for it. Kind of reminds me of the soccer player that just got suspended for the year in New Mexico... I hope the tape is reviewed and a more suitable punishment is given.

Another thing, what is with the Hockey East referees? They are among the worst I have ever seen.

Saying Anderson is a dirty player isn't slander, I think it's right on.

Comment

Prediction for this evening; BC 1 Vermont 1; BC gets the extra point in the shoot out.

After watching BC/Vermont earlier this season, it is imperitive that BC come out strong and AVOID senseless penalties. The game BC won vs Vermont was a well played team effort; while the game they lost was a sloppy, penalty filled game that allowed Vermont to capitalize. Vermont has a way of getting under other team's skin (also vs Clarkson) and level the playing field via the power play. Glad to see we can at least watch the game on the B2B. (Wish BC would get such a service!!)

Comment

I was fortunate to see both games the last time they played. I don't know if the second game should even be compared here... The referees were absolutely horrible and 90% of their called penalties shouldn't have even been called. Let's hope Silva isn't among the referees...

Comment

These one-off long road trips are always tricky. This won't be an easy game for BC, especially with just a two-day turnaround from Wednesday.
                -

Comment

These one-off long road trips are always tricky. This won't be an easy game for BC, especially with just a two-day turnaround from Wednesday.
                  Hopefully they'll put up a similar effort as we saw against bu, but with a different result!

Nice to know we don't have to worry about Scud missiles this weekend.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Scud missiles?

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Hopefully they'll put up a similar effort as we saw against bu, but with a different result!

Nice to know we don't have to worry about Scud missiles this weekend.
                      I agree, not having to worry about cheap players out on the ice will be nice.

Comment

But we do have to fear the wrath of Jackie thode
                        -

Comment

But we do have to fear the wrath of Jackie thode
                          Unfortunately, Miss Thode is in her warmups in the stands for this one. Not sure if it's injury or sickness, but I hope it's nothing serious.

Comment

I'm sure Bothwell was none too pleased with the display at Conte two weeks back.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                              I'm sure Bothwell was none too pleased with the display at Conte two weeks back.
                              Haha! Well, if THAT'S the case, you BC fans were successful in your sinister plot to keep her from being a factor in this one.......

Comment

i know this is really delayed and perhaps it was mentioned and i missed it amidst the melissa anderson argument. id like to add that not only did haber play the game of her life on wednesday, she did half of it injured. in the second period, she got cut on her thigh by a skate blade, had it butterflied during the intermission, and came out to play the rest of the game. ive seen mel haber play a lot of games, but this performance was exceptional. BC gave it a fantastic effort and she completely stole it from them.
                                Bleed Scarlet.

Comment

Working...
                                X