Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

So yesterday's game was a bit of a momentum killer.

The weird thing is, I thought the first period was a better BC performance than anything we saw in Friday's game, but they just couldn't put the puck in the net. Even when they were down 3-0 I thought they'd come back.

After Vermont's 4th goal, BC didn't get much going.

Oh well. BC is doing alright on Hockey East points so far. Let's hope to pick up three points next weekend.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
      *****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/bcuvm110609/bv1.jpg******
      No, You May Not... - BC goaltender Kiera Kingston does double duty as she quickly moves to block a wide-open Catamount attempt on a rebound.
      Nice shot Vell! Gotta get my camera out this season and see if I can get pics of some good local action.
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Taking a quick look at next year's commitments on Hux's post - 4 recruits so far, including 3 US U-18 players, and 2 from NAHA. Kinger continues to solidify her reputation as one of the best recruiters in the game today. If I'm not mistaken, she did a lot of the recruiting during the previous regime as well.

Next year's team has the potential to be absolutely loaded.

Not that I'm looking past this year. I think there are reasons to be optimistic after the last few games, despite Saturday's loss.
        -

Comment

So team went 2 - 1 over the last 3 games. Certainly a positive trend. 14 in the Rutter Rankings seems about right. Think the reality is that although the team is playing with more confidence and at a much faster pace, they still lack the depth needed to be at the top of their league. As the younger players mature, less needless penalties and improved positional play will benefit them in the second half. Already substantial improvement from several of the recent additions (Boyles, Motherwell, Burns in particular) with others looming. Still awaiting more members of the sophomore class to start contributing. Lot's of power in the frosh/soph class if they can start firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Burns has been excellent, particularly at breaking up rushes. Bolden has been good, but she still takes seemingly at least one penalty every game. Motherwell has definitely made a big step up these last few games.

And don't forget, before last week's three-game stretch, BC had a shootout win over Maine. I know that's not the most impressive result in the world, but two points are two points. I'll gladly take six points in four games.
            -

Comment

Points well made by BCWH Superfan Joe regarding recent strides made by the team. Will see if the progression continues. There does not seem to be one dominant team in HE this year. Thus, certainly would like to finish in the Top 6, but would love a Top 4 standing by end of year. Thus, each HE point becomes more and more important.
              Lot's of young talent on the Eagles (frosh/soph's) and it's going to be a race to see if these players can contribute sooner vs later. Can't rely soley on the few upperclass women who have contributed mightyly.

Comment

BC is 11th in Rutter's RPI. I don't think we can overstate the impact of that BU win on those rankings.
                -

Comment

Here's an article about one of our recuits for next year:

http://www.thetimesherald.com/articl...Boston-College
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

God Bless Allie Thunstrom. She has been something else this year.

With BU beating Providence, that puts us one point back of PC for 3rd, with a game in hand. I know it's absurdly early... just sayin'.
                    -

Comment

Kingston's turned in a couple of good outings now.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Vell - I think you make an excellent point regarding Kingston's recent outings. I believe that is 2 shutouts in a row (this one with OT and shoot out). First game of the year was shaky for all of the team vs Clarkson, but Kingston has displayed some real mental toughness in putting together quite a string of games. Given the lack of firepower on the offensive front, looks like we will need the streak to continue.

Amazingly, BC is getting the maximum HE points with virtually the minimum HE goals. No goals vs Uconn = 2 points, 1 goal vs Maine = 2 points, 2 goals vs BU = 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                          Amazingly, BC is getting the maximum HE points with virtually the minimum HE goals. No goals vs Uconn = 2 points, 1 goal vs Maine = 2 points, 2 goals vs BU = 2 points.
                          Unfortunately, 1 goal against Vermont and 2 goals against Northeastern resulted in a combined 0 WHEA points.

Not-so-fun fact: BC has scored fewer goals this season than any team in Hockey East.

*****http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg******

Comment

Well, that was CERTAINLY much better.

I know it's early, and our games have been against the bottom four teams in the conference, but being 5-2 in conference, one point behind the top spot, is still purty nice.

Comment

I missed this game but it sounds like it was one of the better all-around performances of the year. When people other than Thunstrom are pumping in goals, it's a good sign. We know she's gonna be good all year; but we need others to step up as well.

And having two goalies both pitch shutouts against a good team in the same weekend is just awesome. We have three good goalies on scholarship right now. Just like pitching in baseball, you can never have too much.

Obviously, Kingston has muscled her way back into a rotation after it looked like Boyles was the clear #1. Healthy competition is good to see - this will only make Boyles better!

I am PUMPED for the BU game on Wednesday night. Aww yeah.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                against a good team
                                UConn is the clear 6th place team in the conference right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X