Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    *****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/Thunstromgoal.jpg******
    Homefree: Streaking down right wing and then darting across the crease, Allie Thunstrom got BU's Melissa Haber moving sideways, opening the five hole, where she tucked home the game's first goal.
    HUX, I've really got to tell you, this might be the best sports photo I've ever seen. It belongs in SI or something.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I'm not sure that it's humanly possible to have the best sports photo ever seen in Walter Brown. The place is THAT bad.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
        I'm not sure that it's humanly possible to have the best sports photo ever seen in Walter Brown. The place is THAT bad.
        Fair

By the way, I linked Motherwell and Boyles to your pictures. I didn't think you'd mind. I gave you full credit, of course lol

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
          It is a great place to shoot, at least from angles. Now if only they would double the lighting and replace the ratty plexi.

Thanks for the compliment, but "The Goal" in its various incarnations are the greatest sports photos ever. I settle for "greatest" on a Thunstrom rush!

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            It is a great place to shoot, at least from angles. Now if only they would double the lighting and replace the ratty plexi.
            Double? How about increasing it tenfold?

Say what you want about Conte, but it's about as good as it gets for lighting.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Congrats to Thunstrom, Kurth, Stooch, and Welch, as well as coach Kinger, for being selected to represent Hockey East on the WHEA All Stars Team!

Comment

Okay, so, I am sitting here watching the pre-game warmup at Conte.... and in comes Tony and his posse, who are displaying a banner above Center Ice that reads as follows.....

"COACH BOTHWELL IS TERRIFIED OF JACKIE THODE"

The next part you can't make up..... Coach Bothwell walks right up past them to take an elevated view of the Pre-game warmup. Where's Hux and his camera when you need him?
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Thunstrom on a breakaway, assist to Motherwell, with a minute something left in the 1st...

BC 1-0 after one. Shots, BC 7 UVM 4
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

End of 2, still 1-0, 2 period total SOG BC 16, UVM 17

Comment

Motherwell from Thunstrom and Restuccia, opening minute 3rd period.

BC up 2-0

Meanwhile, UNH 3 BU 2 after 2

Comment

Bolden from Thunstrom, at 9:30 third period. BC up 3-0

Comment

Final, 3-0 BC... Shots BC 25, UVM 26.

Comment

*****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/bcuvm110609/bv1.jpg******
                            No, You May Not... - BC goaltender Kiera Kingston does double duty as she quickly moves to block a wide-open Catamount attempt on a rebound.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

*****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/bcuvm110609/bv2.jpg******
                              Who's Your Mother? - Freshman Ashley Motherwell cleans up after upperclassmen Thunstrom and Restuccia clang one off the post.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

*****http://www.bcfh-superfan.com/bc_hockey/bcuvm110609/bv3.jpg******
                                Young Gun - Freshman phenom and fan favorite Caitlin Walsh fires a hard shot on Vermont keeper Kristen Olychuck.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Working...
                                X