Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Season starts in 39 days. That's not exactly "months." And I'm betting that there will be some exhibition/preseason games in late September, so in reality we're one month away.

I don't disagree that Thunstrom has the talent to play on the WNT, but there's just so many players who have established themselves with USA Hockey over the past few years that I doubt there will be room. I expect the roster to be largely similar to this year's Worlds team, with maybe 2-3 changes (plus of course the extra players).

In any case, I doubt that all three current BC players get taken onto the squad. It would be cool if one of the 2008 graduates makes the preliminary touring squad, though.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
      Season starts in 39 days. That's not exactly "months." And I'm betting that there will be some exhibition/preseason games in late September, so in reality we're one month away.
      Alright, a month. My opinion still stands.

I don't disagree that Thunstrom has the talent to play on the WNT, but there's just so many players who have established themselves with USA Hockey over the past few years that I doubt there will be room. I expect the roster to be largely similar to this year's Worlds team, with maybe 2-3 changes (plus of course the extra players).
      Yeah, I agree with you here. As cool as it would be to have an olympic squad bursting at the seams with BC players, I just don't know if it will happen. Allie does have the skills though, that's for sure.
      In any case, I doubt that all three current BC players get taken onto the squad. It would be cool if one of the 2008 graduates makes the preliminary touring squad, though.
      You know, I had the weirdest dream last night. For no apparent reason, I dreamed that I saw Maggie and Mrs. Taverna while I was walking out of a Staples store here in CT. Bizarre, because I didn't dream that I bought anything. I was just walking out of the store. Maybe it's a sign?
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

A sign that you won't need school supplies this year?

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

A sign that you won't need school supplies this year?
          Zing. haha
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Allie does hav the skill I jus don't think the size and strength as some of those other older girls we are glad to have her wit us thou!

Now that the team is set no shaus no stack let's break the roster down
            defense - who will b the number one go to person? D pairs? Maybe rolling 4 or 5?
            Offense - who will be the top line? Goal scorers? Play makers? Roll 3 limes?
            Goalies - boyles or Kingston

Comment

Originally posted by hockey4life48 View Post
              Allie does hav the skill I jus don't think the size and strength as some of those other older girls we are glad to have her wit us thou!

defense - who will b the number one go to person? D pairs? Maybe rolling 4 or 5?
              I would think Thunstrom is going to have a great year. Thunstrom and Restuccia on the top line and BC will be solid on the blue line.
              Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Defense - Johnson is the captain and leader, I'm thinking they'll pair her with Bolden. Kurth (best pure D on the team IMO) with Burns. Regan was very solid last year and I think they pair her with Brown. Not too worried about this unit though, Kurth and Bolden both have star potential.

Offense -
                Thunstrom - Restuccia - Motherwell
                Welch - Green - Szlosek
                Webster - Shea - Walsh

Goaltending - I think Kingston and Boyles alternate games until one proves clearly superior (if that happens).

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Defense - Johnson is the captain and leader, I'm thinking they'll pair her with Bolden. Kurth (best pure D on the team IMO) with Burns. Regan was very solid last year and I think they pair her with Brown. Not too worried about this unit though, Kurth and Bolden both have star potential.

Offense -
                  Thunstrom - Restuccia - Motherwell
                  Welch - Green - Szlosek
                  Webster - Shea - Walsh

Goaltending - I think Kingston and Boyles alternate games until one proves clearly superior (if that happens).
                  I think Kurth and Burns will be D pair #1..Burns is a very very very very good player..dont underestimate her abilities..she very may move into the #1 d spot on the team then i go wit Bolden Johnson. Regan and Brown will not b as strong but will still see the ice

Those lines look perfect i dont see it any other way

Comment

Not hard to take guesses when there are so few forwards. I think Green is poised for a breakout year. I also see Shea contributing some goals. Thunstrom, Restuccia, and Motherwell seems like the perfect combination of speed, awesomeness, and power.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Boston College Womens Hockey 10 Thunstromian Dominance

Final Results From the Womens Question of the Week, 9/16-9/23

Which of the 10 freshmen from Augusts U.S. vs. Canada Under-22 Series will make the biggest impact on D-I college hockey this season?
                      34 Sarah Vaillancourt, Harvard
                      19 Helen Resor, Yale
                      10 Ashley Riggs, Niagara
                      8 Rachel Drazan, Minnesota-Duluth
                      8 No opinion
                      5 Kerri Wallace, Minnesota State
                      5 Stephanie Jones, Mercyhurst
                      4 Annie Guay, St. Lawrence
                      3 Sabrina Harbec, St. Lawrence
                      2 Nicole Goguen, New Hampshire
                      2 Brit Kehler, Minnesota State
                      Total votes: 220

Nice to see a 50 increase in the number of votes this week. A new question is now posted.

Comment

Re: Boston College Womens Hockey 10 Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by unwicurnirm View Post
                        Final Results From the Womens Question of the Week, 9/16-9/23

Which of the 10 freshmen from Augusts U.S. vs. Canada Under-22 Series will make the biggest impact on D-I college hockey this season?
                        34 Sarah Vaillancourt, Harvard
                        19 Helen Resor, Yale
                        10 Ashley Riggs, Niagara
                        8 Rachel Drazan, Minnesota-Duluth
                        8 No opinion
                        5 Kerri Wallace, Minnesota State
                        5 Stephanie Jones, Mercyhurst
                        4 Annie Guay, St. Lawrence
                        3 Sabrina Harbec, St. Lawrence
                        2 Nicole Goguen, New Hampshire
                        2 Brit Kehler, Minnesota State
                        Total votes: 220

Nice to see a 50 increase in the number of votes this week. A new question is now posted.

Comment

Yeah, what the hell?

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Hockey East Official Site has a BC schedule up that differs from the USCHO schedule in that a number of game times are different and the date of the Yale game is different.

Be nice if they'd update the roster and schedule...

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

dru burns hands down best defence at BC mayb even in college hockey this year

Comment

dru burns hands down best defence at BC mayb even in college hockey this year
                                We shall see!

Comment

Working...
                                X