Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

That was a gut-punch. It was a great game, with Northeastern dominating the first period and BC absolutely owning the final ten minutes of the game... until Northeastern got their break, and cashed in. They deserved it - 45+ shots on goal, wow.

Boyles is looking like a real star between the pipes - but Flo one-upped her.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

Boyles is looking like a real star between the pipes - but Flo one-upped her.
      Maybe in the win column, but she (Schelling) let in two soft goals.

Comment

*****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/Boyles.jpg******
        Corinne "Bucky" Boyles turns aside one of 54 Northeastern shots Tuesday night. (Don't believe the official stats. The folks at BC aren't very good at math.)
        Last edited by Hux; 10-15-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Maybe in the win column, but she (Schelling) let in two soft goals.
          When it counted, she held her ground like a madwoman in the dying minutes of the game, when a BC game-winner seemed inevitable. At least, I thought it did. They were peppering the net in the third period and it took a few fantastic saves to keep the Eagles from going up. She deserves as much credit for the win as anyone. Everyone gives up soft goals from time to time.

Quinnipiac tonight. Hopefully they can get the win. I am more concerned about Sunday and getting a Hockey East W, but every game's important.
          -

Comment

...but every game's important.
            Oh? In what way is the QU game important?
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-16-2009, 07:08 PM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

With BC being such a young team, this weekend is important to begin learning how to win. Both games are very winable (one non HE and one HE)Regarding HE, it seems most teams; if not all are pretty equal. BC will be a different team based upon the growth of their freshman and juniors come January/February. Question is, will they be in the top 6 or bottom 2 of HE.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                Question is, will they be in the top 6 or bottom 2 of HE.
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Oh? In what was is the QU game important?
                  Every game is important... every game is a chance to learn and improve, and every game is a chance to win and gain confidence. Every game is a chance for someone to score her first goal. Every game is a chance for a line combination to really click. Must I go on....?

Plus, every game impacts the overall win total, which has an effect on recruiting, publicity, reputation, and so forth.

You seem to already be writing off the season. If that's the case, why do the conference games even matter?

With the young talent on this team, if they find themselves in these OOC games they could be a scary opponent in March. Plus, if these young players develop properly, they'll be rejoined by Stack & Schaus next year and may well be a championship contender.

That a sufficient answer Debbie Downer?
                  -

Comment

Oh? In what was is the QU game important?
                    ... That a sufficient answer Debbie Downer?
                    I think that was an excellent answer, given the question (I always struggle with the dreaded "In what was is" problems. )
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Every game is important... every game is a chance to learn and improve, and every game is a chance to win and gain confidence. Every game is a chance for someone to score her first goal. Every game is a chance for a line combination to really click. Must I go on....?
                      That's all well and good, but what is our goal for the season? Win some hardware, right?

The only way that's going to happen is for us to win the conference championship and go from there. The non-conference games are no more than exhibition games.

Plus, every game impacts the overall win total, which has an effect on recruiting, publicity, reputation, and so forth.
                      This sounds more like you're writing off the season than anything I've said, along with the Stack & Schaus comment later.

You seem to already be writing off the season. If that's the case, why do the conference games even matter?
                      This is such an unfair bu11$#!+ statement. I'm not even going to bother with the second part of it. Serious question: When did I ever say anything that suggested I'm writing off the season?

With the young talent on this team, if they find themselves in these OOC games they could be a scary opponent in March.
                      I honestly do not give two $#!+$ about us being a spoiler team. I want us to be a factor to win a trophy, be it national or conference, and not be a team that's already out of it where our only chance for respect in the season is by getting lucky and knocking off a good team.

Plus, if these young players develop properly, they'll be rejoined by Stack & Schaus next year and may well be a championship contender.
                      Hip, hip, hooray. I want to win something THIS YEAR, Mr. "It-sounds-like-you're-writing-off-the-season-already."

And the plain and simple truth of the matter is that is going to have to come from the conference tournament forward.

I want at least a conference championship this year so bad it hurts. And it especially hurts because I'm seeing us lose so many of these games against teams we would have beaten easily last year.

One more thing: Don't even BEGIN to paint me as someone who doesn't care about the season. We've followed the team for 4 years, and you know as well as I do that it's easily one of the top 3 things that has defined our college careers. We're both seniors, but, unlike you, chances are I won't be around to watch more than one or two games next year.

The success of this year's team matters more to me than I think even you, Joe, can quite understand. Remember how upset I was when we lost the conference championship last year? That's going to be nothing compared to how I'm going to feel after our last game this year if we don't win a significant trophy after coming so close all 4 years we've followed the team.

[/lecture]

Comment

*****http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2008/12/23-End/civil_war_soldiers.jpg******
                        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

I want to win something THIS YEAR
                          Any relationship to the Steinbrenner family???
                          There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Thoughts:

The team definitely stepped it up in the third tonight. A tie against Quinnipiac is not good, but the talent is clearly there. I think Welch is close to breaking out, Walsh is all over the place and just barely missing some key plays... Bolden's clearly extraordinarily talented but she hasn't quite adapted to the college game yet.

The problem is right now that Thunstrom, and to a lesser extent, Restuccia, are the only players keeping defenses honest. Those talented young forwards really need to start contributing on the stat sheets because Thunstrom is drawing multiple defenders every time she gets into the attacking zone.

I like the talent on this team, and I think they'll be one of the best in the league by season's end. After all, they've only been skating together for a few weeks. Boyles has been excellent (although she needs to move faster to get back into the net after playing the puck). The main question for BC is whether the team will gel before they place themselves in a deep hole in the league standings.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

If they were to win one game this weekend I'd rather it be Sunday anyway. Yay optimism !
                              -

Comment

If they were to win one game this weekend I'd rather it be Sunday anyway. Yay optimism !

Although I definately agree with you, this evening's result is less than satisfying. I can't sugercoat this one. Once again, 60 minutes and just 1 goal. Hopeful the team develop's chemistry to put a few more on the scoreboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X