Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by gotice View Post
    is a whoopie pie the same thing as a moon pie?
    Bite your tongue there girlie, them's fightin' words. A moon pie is an abomination of a snack not fit to be called such, and in no way, shape, or form close to that most sacrosanct of rink food, the Whoopie Pie. (**** things were probably invented in New York)

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the Hux distraction involves food in some form.
    Alas, I was pretty frikken hungry, having foregone lunch, and forgetting the abysmal snack choices at Conte (read NONEXISTENT). However, a bright spot on the horizon, though pressed for time to get to UNH I was unable to avail myself of any culinary delights, is Erik's Pizza and Wings, now open at the bottom of Heartbreak Hill. Rest assured I shan't be passing by said bistro on my way to the game on Tuesday night.
    Last edited by Hux; 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Ahh.... abbagrrrreh.... ahbuhhhba...
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
        is a whoopie pie the same thing as a moon pie?
        I once asked if a whoopie pie was the same thing as a devil dog. Hux went off on me.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
          I once asked if a whoopie pie was the same thing as a devil dog. Hux went off on me.
          Only cuz you wouldn't share the thing with me!

Comment

So.

A much, much better showing by BC last night. I'm still very high on Boyles, even though she had a couple squeak through her pads that were probably a bit unlucky. I'm not concerned about those; it happens.

Bolden looked a lot better. I don't mean to say she's been struggling, she's just seemed a bit too aggressive and penalty-prone. She does, however, have one of the hardest shots on the team and could be our most skilled recruit this year. She made some better decisions (I was specifically concerned about her being overly aggressive on players with the puck when she's the last line of defense, though I haven't seen a specific example of that since the 'cuse game).

Kurth is awesome and might be the most skilled player BC has ever had at breaking up breakaways while behind the shooter and not drawing a penalty.

Did Thunstrom get faster over the offseason?

Restuccia is having an interesting year. She has been, for lack of a better word, flashy. Nothing on the scoresheet yet, but she's had some pretty impressive dangles in getting to the net.

Walsh is playing some good, strong, smart hockey. She isn't playing like a freshman.

How about Webster? Her staying an extra year will be pretty big. She's playing the best hockey of her career. Great to see her on the scoresheet yesterday.

I couldn't really see too many negatives yesterday, which is saying something as down as I was after we tied Syracuse. We controlled the first, and the third period was one of the best all-around periods (and one of the most exciting periods) I've seen us play in quite some time. The second was more even, but we weren't getting dominated like our worst moments against Syracuse.

I'm pleased, and encouraged. NU has become a hugeeee game. It's all about the conference games from here on. If we can start making an impact, mayyybe we'll start worrying more about wins and losses in the non-conference games.
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-11-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

WOOOO!

Getting that first win will be huge for the team's confidence.

Walsh was so deserving of a goal. Good to see.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Bite your tongue there girlie, them's fightin' words. A moon pie is an abomination of a snack not fit to be called such, and in no way, shape, or form close to that most sacrosanct of rink food, the Whoopie Pie.
                Ok, I did some research of my own. I drove miles and miles, arriving in Connecticut just yesterday. I have interviewed several locals about the legend of the Whoopie Pie, and have discovered that indeed the said pie is in fact the New England version of the infamous Moon Pie of the south. Now the only question that remains is which came first, the Moon Pie or the Whoopie Pie. Let the research begin in ernest accompanied with much needed taste tests to confirm the quality of each Pie.
                GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Ummmm, you should have driven to Pennsylvania, whereas the true origin of the whoopie pie has its roots there. I'm too lazy at the moment to go back through all the old posts, but I will later tonight. In the aptly named thread "The Official Thread of the Whoopie Pie", citations were posted from sources supporting that the origin is in fact from within the Quaker State.
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice
                    As a public service to my fellow whoopie eating women's college hockey fans everywhere, I have updated the Official Thread of the Whoopie Pie with a link to a website offering even more history on these tasty delites!
                    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                      As a public service to my fellow whoopie eating women's college hockey fans everywhere, I have updated the Official Thread of the Whoopie Pie with a link to a website offering even more history on these tasty delites!
                      If you're not traveling this weekend, we're planning a tailgate - BBQ before the UNH - Niagara game Saturday in Durham. That leaves plenty of time to bake...Smurfburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                        If you're not traveling this weekend, we're planning a tailgate - BBQ before the UNH - Niagara game Saturday in Durham. That leaves plenty of time to bake...Smurfburgers
                        Alas, I will be traveling, whereas my daughter's team only crosses the Hudson once this entire season, even if it is only by about a mile and a half. Have a smurfburger for me (not that you'd have any problem with that!!!)

I appreciate the invite....and there will be many weekends where the travel budget will be too slight for me to venture any further than Durham, Chestnut Hill or downtown Boston. Thinking about sneaking over to Matthews on Tuesday, in fact. I'll catch up with you guys soon!

Meanwhile, forgive me for staying on thread for a moment....

Congratulations to BC on their first win. Very nice to see major contributions by so many freshmen, especially those that I have come to know personally. First win in goal for Boyles, First goals for Brown and Walsh, and first points for "Mothah"! Nice job! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                          Thinking about sneaking over to Matthews on Tuesday, in fact.
                          I'm not sure why this rumor keeps going around. The BC/NU game on Tuesday is NOT at Matthews, it's at BC.

Thought everyone should know.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I'm not sure why this rumor keeps going around. The BC/NU game on Tuesday is NOT at Matthews, it's at BC.

Thought everyone should know.
                            It's O.K. that you sound concerned!!!... You Should be!!!!

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by chippy View Post
                              It's O.K. that you sound concerned!!!... You Should be!!!!

Chip
                              I don't think there's any BC fan, player, or coach that would consider taking this game lightly. It's easily the biggest game of the year so far, obviously.

Oh and we tied Syracuse. *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif***********http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif***********http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif******

Comment

Cut and pasted from the USCHO Schedule page.....

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
                                Hockey East
                                Boston College at Northeastern 7:00 ET

Comment

Working...
                                X