• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
    BC ties it up on a nice shot from #18.
    Actually the goal was scored by #10 Freshman, Blake Bolden
    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Alright Minnesotan lurkers, what can we expect this year out of the 'Cuse? I've never seen them play in person. I do know that a) they seem to have stepped up from last year, and b) former Eagle Gabrielle Beaudry plays there now. But that's about the extent of my knowledge.

BC's lineup from the first series was...
      Motherwell-Restuccia-Walsh
      Thunstrom-Szlosek-Green
      Hart-Brown-Welch
      Olchowski rotating

Kurth-Burns
      Regan-Johnson
      Webster-Bolden

It's pretty funny how offensive D has been a weak spot for the Eagles in recent years, but on paper, it could be the team's best strength this year. All 6 D are scoring threats.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
        Alright Minnesotan lurkers, what can we expect this year out of the 'Cuse? I've never seen them play in person. I do know that a) they seem to have stepped up from last year, and b) former Eagle Gabrielle Beaudry plays there now. But that's about the extent of my knowledge.

BC's lineup from the first series was...
        Motherwell-Restuccia-Walsh
        Thunstrom-Szlosek-Green
        Hart-Brown-Welch
        Olchowski rotating

Kurth-Burns
        Regan-Johnson
        Webster-Bolden

It's pretty funny how offensive D has been a weak spot for the Eagles in recent years, but on paper, it could be the team's best strength this year. All 6 D are scoring threats.
        Generally speaking I think you can expect the Orange offense to take all opportunities to shoot the puck towards the BC net as many times as possible -- particulary towards the open spots. The defense will be doing everything in its power to stop BC from scoring; likely the goalie will try and do the same. I suspect even the defense will try and shoot or set up shots offensively as well whenever the opportunity arises. Moreover, all players will attempt to capitalize on any mistakes/breakdowns in BC's play. Although I'm not in privity with the Orange coach I suspect he'll be coaching to maximize team strengths and attempt to gain the advantage over any perceived BC weaknesses. There may be other strategies I'm omitting but in any event, overall Syracuse will be trying to finish the game by outscoring BC.

Comment

Thanks.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by law View Post
            overall Syracuse will be trying to finish the game by outscoring BC.
            Outscoring the opponent as a strategy to win the game... what a concept!!

BRILLIANT!!

IMHO however, unless BC finds a way to put up a bunch, this strategy may require only a couple of tallies. Boyles will likely continue to play strong, as will her deep blue line, but at this point it is very hard to tell who will be racking up the points.
            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Generally speaking I think you can expect the Orange offense to take all opportunities to shoot the puck towards the BC net as many times as possible -- particularly towards the open spots. The defense will be doing everything in its power to stop BC from scoring; likely the goalie will try and do the same. I suspect even the defense will try and shoot or set up shots offensively as well whenever the opportunity arises. Moreover, all players will attempt to capitalize on any mistakes/breakdowns in BC's play. Although I'm not in privity with the Orange coach I suspect he'll be coaching to maximize team strengths and attempt to gain the advantage over any perceived BC weaknesses. There may be other strategies I'm omitting but in any event, overall Syracuse will be trying to finish the game by outscoring BC.
              Snort. Nice one Though I'm not sure what in Joe's question prompted such sarcasm, it was pretty hilarious.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hey, I forgot to do my annual season prediction.

Last year I predicted:

Reg Season 19-10-4
                Conf 11-6-4
                Loss to UNH in the Hockey East final
                total: 21-11-4

The results:
                reg season - 21-7-5
                conf - 13-5-3
                Loss to UNH in the HE final
                total - 22-9-5

****... not bad.

Now, onto the predictions. I would have predicted a split at Clarkson before the season.

@Clarkson W
                @Clarkson L
                Syracuse W
                Colgate W
                @Northeastern W
                Quinnipiac W
                Maine W
                @BU L
                UVM W
                UVM W
                @Conn. T
                Conn W
                BU T
                @UVM W
                UMD L
                UMD W
                NU T
                UNH L
                PC L
                Yale W
                SLU L
                St. Lawrence T
                @BU T
                @PC L
                PC W
                Dartmouth L
                NU W
                Beanpot@Harvard W
                @Conn W
                Beanpotvs.BU W
                @Maine T
                @Maine W
                @UNH L
                UNH W

Total 19-9-6
                HEA 11-5-5 - approximately 3rd in the conference, depending on how the shootouts go.
                Conference tournament prediction: Win over UNH in the final (ey, why not...)
                -

Comment

Hey, I forgot to do my annual season prediction.
                  So did I. I'm kind of afraid to.

Now, onto the predictions. I would have predicted a split at Clarkson before the season.
                  I think I would have gone with the same.

@Clarkson L
                  @Clarkson W
                  Syracuse W
                  Colgate T
                  @Northeastern T
                  Quinnipiac W
                  Maine T
                  @BU L
                  UVM W
                  UVM W
                  @Conn. W
                  Conn W
                  BU L
                  @UVM W
                  UMD L
                  UMD L
                  NU W
                  UNH L
                  PC L
                  Yale W
                  SLU L
                  St. Lawrence L
                  @BU L
                  @PC T
                  PC T
                  Dartmouth L
                  NU W
                  Beanpot@Harvard L
                  @Conn W
                  Beanpot vs. NU W
                  @Maine W
                  @Maine W
                  @UNH L
                  UNH L

Total 15-14-5
                  HEA 10-7-4 - approximately 4th in the conference, though 1st through 5th will probably be separated by something like 5 points.

Conference tournament prediction: Loss to bu in the semifinals (groannnn)

Comment

I am officially more optimistic than Grant... sound the bells... the Rapture is Nigh
                    -

Comment

I am officially more optimistic than Grant... sound the bells... the Rapture is Nigh
                      The thing is, if I were to have predicted how the season were to go, the first game was a perfect microcosm.

Solid defense with a couple breakdowns here and there because of inexperience? Check.
                      SOLID goaltending from Boyles? Check.
                      Absolutely ZERO offensive spark? Check.

That's what scares me so much about the season, is that I was so spot-on with what I would have thought would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Snort. Nice one Though I'm not sure what in Joe's question prompted such sarcasm, it was pretty hilarious.
                        Since I don't know much I don't post much. I like to read the gossip and watch the games. But every so often I get inspired and try to make somebody laugh. No ill will is ever intended.

Comment

Since I don't know much I don't post much. I like to read the gossip and watch the games. But every so often I get inspired and try to make somebody laugh. No ill will is ever intended.

Comment

Don't forget your foil scull cap.

Comment

GAMEDAY, and the return of former BCWH fan favorite Gaby "t3h Gabz" Beaudry.

Let's get it on. If BC loses, guard the Tobin.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                GAMEDAY, and the return of former BCWH fan favorite Gaby "t3h Gabz" Beaudry.

Let's get it on. If BC loses, guard the Tobin.
                                The 'Cuse is providing us with lots of reunions! Wish I could warm up for the UNH - Colgate game with a matinee at Conte
                                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X