Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey '10: Thunstromian Dominance

Originally posted by Bergey1 View Post
    And the graduation of Brittany Wilson doesn't help either.
    Aw, you ruined my joke lol
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Bergey1 View Post
      And the graduation of Brittany Wilson doesn't help either.
      I think the firepower UC had could have made up for BW's departure. She's a great goalie, but if DT were around, I think they could have stayed in the top 4.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Aw, you ruined my joke lol
        Sorry! Must have posted at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
          Seems like all are in consensus regarding the events of the game. Clarkson was by far the better team on offense and defense. Their size, speed and maturity was evident in each period; especially the first. I do think that BC showed some signs of life after the first period, but given the dominance displayed by Clarkson, I think Coach King is going to have to do some searching for better matchups. Will be interesting to see the outcome of tomorrow's game. Also interested to see how Clarkson will stack up this year in the ECAC. They certainly looked very strong this evening.
          It also hurts that BC has only two seniors plus a fifth year, and only one junior. This team is incredibly young and is heavily reliant on its freshmen. The talent is there and it will come forth as the season progresses. The matchup for the first series was just not a great one.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
            It also hurts that BC has only two seniors plus a fifth year, and only one junior. This team is incredibly young and is heavily reliant on its freshmen. The talent is there and it will come forth as the season progresses. The matchup for the first series was just not a great one.
            I think simply having an exhibition game might have done wonders.

Comment

Also interested to see how Clarkson will stack up this year in the ECAC. They certainly looked very strong this evening.
              Since Clarkson has gone up to the D-1 level, they seem to have an affinity for playing up or down to their opponents. They've had some great wins against top 5 teams like SLU and then #2 Mercyhurst but manage to lose some games to ordinary teams. This team certainly has a ton of firepower; I think the big question will be goaltending.

BC almost didn't seem game ready last knight. Maybe as one poster suggested here, an exhibition game might have worked wonders. I don't expect such a one-sided score toknight.
              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                Since Clarkson has gone up to the D-1 level, they seem to have an affinity for playing up or down to their opponents. They've had some great wins against top 5 teams like SLU and then #2 Mercyhurst but manage to lose some games to ordinary teams. This team certainly has a ton of firepower; I think the big question will be goaltending.

BC almost didn't seem game ready last knight. Maybe as one poster suggested here, an exhibition game might have worked wonders. I don't expect such a one-sided score toknight.
                I hope you're not suggesting CU played up to its opponent last night! Clarkson is a very, very good team and was really underrated in the preseason poll.

As for your second paragraph, I agree with all of it. Should be a much better matchup.

toknight
                I thought this was a typo until I got to the very end of my post... but I'll chalk that up to it being early!

Comment

I had the opportunity to see the game live. Clarkson was huge and gritty. They hustled almost none stop and just kept coming at BC. They are definitely deeper than one player. While Thibault is an amazing talent, they have several talented players, as seen by the number of different players that got a goal or an assist. The team is big, strong, tenacious, and are very well conditioned.

With regards to goaltending, I thought Dahm did what she had to do when the puck came her way. I believe the goal that was scored last night was a tip that was going high and directed down. She was a top goalie last year, so to say that goaltending may be an issue is from left field IMHO..

The band may not play in key all the time, but they add to the ambiance of the game. It was nice to see the support from the band last night and it seemed that they were having as much fun as the rest of the fans. It is my understanding that they are at all the home games and travel to some of the away games, something that can't be said for all of the women's programs unfortunately.

With regards to who stood out on the BC team last night: IMHO Restuccia is always fun to watch, just an all around solid player. Walsh is small but is fast. Bolden was shakey at first, but as the game went on she picked up her speed and physical play. As she adjusts to the college game, she could become one of the better players on the team. Boyle came in and made some solid saves and I would figure she will be the one in net today. As of right now, I am betting the starting spot is hers to lose this year. I understand that last night was the first game for BC and would expect that today will be a lot more competitive all the way around.

Just my 25 cents worth.
                  GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                    Whoa whoa whoa...

stop the presses....

Why'd Thibault transfer?
                    I dunno, but I heard that Linstad's spine no longer bends backwards since Thibeault left.
                    Last edited by freak; 10-03-2009, 11:12 AM.
                    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                      I dunno, but I heard that Linstad's spine no longer bends backwards since Thibeault left.
                      Hmmmmmmmm, she does look much more limber on the bench right now.

Comment

BC 0 Clarkson 0 after two. Clarkson continues to pressure BC and is outshooting BC by a 2 to 1 margin. Boyles in net for BC has done a great job of keeping the game scoreless. Will see who has more legs and heart in the 3rd period.

Comment

Will see who has more legs and heart in the 3rd period.
                          Tech looking pretty gassed...
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Waldie scores with an assist from Selina, Clarkson 1, BC 0 with 9:21 left.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

BC ties it up on a nice shot from #18.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Glad to see BC pull off the tie against a very good Clarkson team. Hopefully they can get a win under their belt on Friday. Although Syracuse is no pushover it's a game I think/hope BC can win.

Perhaps the opener was a case of some first-game-without-Schaus-and-Stack jitters? I wish they'd played an exhibition last week.
                                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                                -
                                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X