Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

aktick:
    My apologies. I am used to abbreviations in which the specific title of the institution is placed before the generic designation "University" - such as LSU, TU, BU, etc. I hope my faux pas did not cause too much confusion or outrage.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Still focused on the NCAA/Wisconsin route. But like any high end canadian (Turris, Gagner, Smith, Goloubef)...that doesn't mean anything until they are on campus.
      Even then it's a year-to-year (even semester-to-semester) watch as getting to the (AHL/NHL) ASAP often appears to be their #1 priority.

Comment

Badgers ink 5 in early signing period. Forwards Paape, Lapic, Woods, and Strang. Also goaltender Joel Rumpel. Go to

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...111610aac.html for more information.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          Badgers ink 5 in early signing period. Forwards Paape, Lapic, Woods, and Strang. Also goaltender Joel Rumpel. Go to

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...111610aac.html for more information.
          I'm a bit concerned considering that Baggot reported last week that all seven would sign. I understand why McCabe might not have due to him accellerating in school he might not be able to sign an LOI yet. I'm concerned about Hesketh though.

Comment

If I ain't mistaken I believe there is one more day of signing period. Someone let me know if I'm right.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

I'm a bit concerned considering that Baggot reported last week that all seven would sign. I understand why McCabe might not have due to him accellerating in school he might not be able to sign an LOI yet. I'm concerned about Hesketh though.
              Does Eaves know what kinda schollie money will be available for Hesketh and/or McCabe? Right now only Craig Johnson is gone for sure to graduation, he can't have much of a schollie, while Gardiner, Schultz, Murray, all those kids must have full rides and all of them could/will leave early. I think Schultz is back next season, but that is besides the point. Isn't it a big 10 rule to show how much $$$ they are getting?

Just a thought, though both goalies have schollie money opening up and only Rumpel is coming in as of today.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I still think the Badgers have a big chance of getting Murdock.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Interesting article by Baggot. Eaves expects Rumple to be starter, Mitch Thompson backup and find another walk on goalie.
                  Jake McCabe can't sign until after he completes his senior year of high school.
                  Troy Hesketh is expected to sign in the spring.
                  http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...cc4c03286.html
                  Last edited by GoBucky; 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM.
                  Wisconsin Badgers
                  NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Is this not the Rumpel rink?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Eaves has lost his **** mind.

Comment

Eaves has lost his **** mind.
                        Eaves has to get out of this situation where both goalies are the same year of recruits. This means either Thompson will back-up Rumpel or they will find a transfer (Thompson will back up at this point). Thompson is only a So., so he could back up Rumpel for 2 years, then he brings in another goalie to replace Thompson, then UW's back on the Jr/Fr rotation. And it Eaves thinks Thompson is good enough to play in a few games a year, I trust that. Not many D1 teams have a backup goalie that is starter good. I think the last few years we've been a bit spoiled in that UW HAS had 2 starter quality goaltenders. Next year it will be back to the norm. UW has had TONS of success with a single guy carrying all the load (going back to the Dean Anderson days when I started following UW hockey).

UW Hockey: In Eaves I Trust
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Kevin Murdock is out there and available. We could have him if we want, trust me.

Comment

Chris Peters, former USA Hockey PR guy had some noted on 2012 recruit Nic Kerdiles today:

Nic Kerdiles -F- "Developing a two-way game. Uses body well. Good offensively, but backchecks hard. Good speed. Good size."

" He's the type of kid that's only going to get better. He had a really good tournament (U17 Four Nations Cup). The NTDP was made for kids like him. "

Like we've all thought, this 2012 class is going to be really, really talented. Maybe not as talented as the 2007 class but it has potential.

Comment

Yeah with some some of the recruits on your stat sheet Chuck (Samuelsson, Shore, Stepan) could make it one of the best recruiting class Eaves has picked up.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                Yeah with some some of the recruits on your stat sheet Chuck (Samuelsson, Shore, Stepan) could make it one of the best recruiting class Eaves has picked up.
                                who are Samuelsson and Shore?

and Stepan has not commited either as far as I know.

2012 looks **** good but they're not sealed by a long shot at this point
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X