Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Not saying my opinion either way on Hesketh, because I haven't made up my mind, but we don't have to use McDonagh's money on bringing in a player.

Many players are promised scholarships over a certain amount of years. It's fairly standard to get a 2 for 4, or a 3 for 4. Aka...you are on full scholarship for either 2 or 3 years and you pay for the rest.

So we could very easily move a kids scholarship money up a season and pay him now in order to bank a scholly later.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your post.
    Didn't realize Eaves could do such a thing, now I do.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

So Wisconsin maybe got a committment from Joe Faust? Who the hell knows. It's on Heisenburg but nothing from Baggot and I haven't been able to confirm. The Exiled One mentioned it but i'm not sure if he got it off Heisen or what. I have word into Faust, we'll see if I get anything.

EDIT: The Exiled One got it off Heisenberg.
      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-07-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Of all the MHS coming out this year, Hesketh might be one of the more ready if push came to shove. He wasn't flashy, but he was very steady and played smartly and I saw them play about a dozen times this year. Holl, Gardiner and Prochno all should be very good in time, but Holl needs to add muscle, Gardiner needs to learn to play against bigger players because he got away with his size advantage repeatedly and while Prochno didn't have the year I expected, he may have simply been overshadowed.

Comment

So Wisconsin maybe got a committment from Joe Faust? Who the hell knows. It's on Heisenburg but nothing from Baggot and I haven't been able to confirm. The Exiled One mentioned it but i'm not sure if he got it off Heisen or what. I have word into Faust, we'll see if I get anything.

EDIT: The Exiled One got it off Heisenberg.
          See if you can get somebody from the Des Moines Bucs to confirm it. I posted something on their twitter feed, but that's it. I'm going to bed now.
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Spoke to Faust, "Yes I have committed to Wisconsin for this season and I am very excited to soon be a Badger."

Bingo, Bango, Bongo.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-08-2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Spoke to Faust, "Yes I have committed to Wisconsin for this season and I am very excited to soon be a Badger."

Bingo, Bango, Bongo.
              That doesn't seem so baseless this time around...

I also like how Baggot offhandedly mentions Schmaltz decommitted in an article about McD. Being a Verona native, and the WSJ being a Madison based paper, I figured Baggot would want to say a little bit more about that.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Sounds like Faust is coming this year.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post

I also like how Baggot offhandedly mentions Schmaltz decommitted in an article about McD. Being a Verona native, and the WSJ being a Madison based paper, I figured Baggot would want to say a little bit more about that.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Perfect!

I hope you don't mind that I've now quoted you in my signature.

Comment

Not sure you realize how close I was to writing a letter absolutely trashing Baggot for the Schmaltz move. Un-real. The guy just flat out refuses to credit me for any news.

Comment

Not sure you realize how close I was to writing a letter absolutely trashing Baggot for the Schmaltz move. Un-real. The guy just flat out refuses to credit me for any news.
                        You've been DESTROYING him all summer on hockey news.

But he doesn't read blogs and message boards so he'd never know...

Comment

Some one should tell Heisenberg that Faust is coming in 2010 lol.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

You've been DESTROYING him all summer on hockey news.

But he doesn't read blogs and message boards so he'd never know...
                            lol exactly...I guess a birdie just told him about Schmaltz.

Comment

Well, I haven't updated the committed recruit section in a while. Since my last update at the end of May we've received commitments from Morgan Zulinick and Joe Faust. We've also had a de-commitment from Jordan Schmaltz. So check it out, with full season statistics for every committed player. I'm sure you guys will find a mistake or two, so post a comment and I'll fix it.

I also had not updated the potential recruit page since March. I spent over two hours tonight updating it and adding a number of players. This is by far our most extensive list and I'm very happy with where it is at. I've added a new feature to help people kind of gauge how good the prospects that we are recruiting are. Obviously it's not perfect but it will give you some sort of an idea.

COMMITTED RECRUITS STATISTICS
                              POTENTIAL RECRUITS LIST

Comment

Well, I haven't updated the committed recruit section in a while. Since my last update at the end of May we've received commitments from Morgan Zulinick and Joe Faust. We've also had a de-commitment from Jordan Schmaltz. So check it out, with full season statistics for every committed player. I'm sure you guys will find a mistake or two, so post a comment and I'll fix it.

I also had not updated the potential recruit page since March. I spent over two hours tonight updating it and adding a number of players. This is by far our most extensive list and I'm very happy with where it is at. I've added a new feature to help people kind of gauge how good the prospects that we are recruiting are. Obviously it's not perfect but it will give you some sort of an idea.

COMMITTED RECRUITS STATISTICS
                                POTENTIAL RECRUITS LIST
                                Nice work Chuck, I noticed the name "Will Butcher" on the potential recruit list. (Just a little side note to help pass the summer). I got to play 1 varsity game my senior year while at Sun Prairie (didn't start skating until my junior year) and on my lone varsity goal, the assist came from Joe Butcher, yes Will's dad. Joe went on to win a couple DIII NC's with Stevens Point, while I went on to............did I mention Joe won a couple of NC's.
                                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X