Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Don't roller coasters also go up?
    I was going to say they always end up right back where they start
    Originally posted by solovsfett
    To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
      Don't roller coasters also go up?
      Yes, but it's those ****in' drops that are killing me.

Side note: Snoop Dog the opening act of the NHL awards?? He looked like a fish outta water!
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you?

this team could use some serious good news (and I'm not counting hiring assistants as good news).

lost NCAA championship game. smith (we knew that was likely), goloubef (unlikely but gone), stepan (sort of unlikely, but now gone), mcdonagh (as good as gone), lindblad (whatever kid), schmaltz (another surprise, though at least he wasn't at UW yet so he can be replaced a bit easier)

ugh
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

word to defensemen condsidering UW. UW has pretty much been a premier school at turning out d-men since time immemorial. It matters not that Oseicki is gone (please consider a short and partial list including the following that had nothing to do with Oz (though Oz was/is a great coach, Eaves is the best, and as it turns out, prior assistants under prior regimes were alright too!), tanabe, hill, R. Suter, B. Suter, G. Suter, C. Chelios, A. Brooks, J. Dessner, B. Driver, B. Rafalski, and many, many more)

wisconsin hockey:....this fan is effen ****ed off now
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: What are you going to do, when NHL-U, comes calling for you

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
            I was going to say they always end up right back where they start
            Well, almost always.

Roller coaster fails in Illinois; riders stranded upside down for hours
            (Saturday, April 18, 1998) - At Six Flags Great America Theme Park in Gurnee, Illinois, 23 riders on the Demon roller coaster were left stranded upside-down after the train in which they were riding stopped in the middle of a vertical loop. Firefighters used a cherry picker to bring the passengers to safety. Some riders were stuck for nearly three hours. Four passengers were treated at local hospitals and released.
            Investigators concluded that the accident was caused by mechanical failure. The accident happened when a wheel that runs along the inside of the track broke off from the axle of the last car after a nut loosened. The ride's safety systems engaged, preventing the train from derailing.

The park has installed a new safety mechanism to the trains.

In 1986, 3 people were killed when a similar malfunction on a roller coaster in Canada caused a coaster train to derail.
            I have the feeling the UW is stranded at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Last edited by badgerhawk; 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Side note: Snoop Dog the opening act of the NHL awards?? He looked like a fish outta water!
              Maybe, but Snoop DOES love his puck. And you have to be at least happy that somebody not from the typical geographic location or demographic that hockey does well with who is that into hockey.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

NHL 1st round draft...no Badgers or future Badgers in the top 30 as was expected. 8 going to NCAA, 1 Finland, 2 KHL, 19 CHL (or NHL/AHL).
                I would think at least 2/3 of the 19 will play CHL.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

2011 Wisconsin recruit Troy Hesketh will be in studio with The Pipeline show guys tomorrow night live. They asked me if Wisconsin fans had any questions for Hesketh. I'll e-mail Guy Flaming the questions. What do we have for him?

Obviously we need to ask about the status of his shoulder. Other then that what do we want to hear from Mr. Hesketh?

Comment

What is his timeline is on de-committing?
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Wow...under 5 minutes. You guys are getting fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        I was going to post that, but I didn't want my brethren ****ed at me!

Hope I get this to you in time.........

Chuck, you might ask him how he feels about the Badger's unexpected departures (some calling it the most destructive in team - possibly college - history). We know he wants to play right away, but with the numbers on defense, does he EXPECT to play? Who (in the NHL) does he feel his game is similar to?

EDIT: I assumed plans changed and he's coming this fall...assumed incorrectly?
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Obviously we need to ask about the status of his shoulder. Other then that what do we want to hear from Mr. Hesketh?
                          How about playing on a high school blueline that was half WCHA commits?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

MCR straw poll.

Should we bring in Troy Hesketh?

I think we should and it sounds like he's willing.
                            We need help NOW (albeit not so much on the blue line).

Comment

Someone has to take McDonagh's schollie money and might as well bring in a talented kid like Hesketh and see what he's got.

Maybe a few nights Eaves could roll 7 defenseman and then doubleshift someone on the 4th line and keep the blue liners fresher. Did that a few years ago if I remember correctly.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                                Someone has to take McDonagh's schollie money and might as well bring in a talented kid like Hesketh and see what he's got.

Maybe a few nights Eaves could roll 7 defenseman and then doubleshift someone on the 4th line and keep the blue liners fresher. Did that a few years ago if I remember correctly.
                                Not saying my opinion either way on Hesketh, because I haven't made up my mind, but we don't have to use McDonagh's money on bringing in a player.

Many players are promised scholarships over a certain amount of years. It's fairly standard to get a 2 for 4, or a 3 for 4. Aka...you are on full scholarship for either 2 or 3 years and you pay for the rest.

So we could very easily move a kids scholarship money up a season and pay him now in order to bank a scholly later.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X