U-19 Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-19 Programs

Just looked at the Hockey Canada Website and they announced the roster for the U-22 team. Four Quebec players (Blais, Bettez, Emard, and Rougeau) all played for Dawson College. Two former Dawson players (Ward and Poulin) are currently with the National team. I was wondering if there was another program that has had the same success with former players.

Re: U-19 Programs

Not sure about Canada - but Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota has placed some players on the US National teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues78 View Post
      Just looked at the Hockey Canada Website and they announced the roster for the U-22 team. Four Quebec players (Blais, Bettez, Emard, and Rougeau) all played for Dawson College. Two former Dawson players (Ward and Poulin) are currently with the National team. I was wondering if there was another program that has had the same success with former players.
      Well.... looky looky where the Director for Female Hockey, Julie Healy is from. But I guess that's just a coincidence...huh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Well.... looky looky where the Director for Female Hockey, Julie Healy is from. But I guess that's just a coincidence...huh.
        I've seen 5 of these 6 Dawson players play over the years, and they are all worthy candidates. One other program that comes to mind in terms of large contribution to the National Team system are the Aeros out of Toronto. Off the top of my head Irwin, Birchard, Kessler, McMeekin and Hosier are all fairly recent grads from that system.

Looking back over the last 5 or 6 years you will find that both these clubs have been at or near the top of the heap in the minor girls hockey ranks at the U19/U21 level in Canada.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I can't believe I'm going to dignify your post with a response as you are pretty ignorant if you think that the reason these 6 extremely talented players are with Team Canada is because Julie Healy is from Quebec.

Comment

I can't believe I'm going to dignify your post with a response as you are pretty ignorant if you think that the reason these 6 extremely talented players are with Team Canada is because Julie Healy is from Quebec.
            ya..like I said it's probably just a coincidence.

Comment

ya..like I said it's probably just a coincidence.
              You have the opportunity that most of us here in the east would love to have, you have these players practicing and playing in your own backyard. You could go out to see all of these amazing hockey players (and I'm talking from every Province) and then make some informed remarks. I really have no sympathy, patience, or energy to deal with this type of attitude. It can't be what other Provinces are doing right or what we are doing wrong, you have to look to blame others. This "victim" attitude gets really old really quickly.

Comment

You have the opportunity that most of us here in the east would love to have, you have these players practicing and playing in your own backyard. You could go out to see all of these amazing hockey players (and I'm talking from every Province) and then make some informed remarks. I really have no sympathy, patience, or energy to deal with this type of attitude. It can't be what other Provinces are doing right or what we are doing wrong, you have to look to blame others. This "victim" attitude gets really old really quickly.
                Ewwwe! Get out of bed on the wrong side today?

Comment

WOW Loaded for Bear

Comment

I will assume the 78 means either your birth year or that you are Dawson Alumni and either would explain a number of things.

FYI, you are correct. I have had the opportunity to watch a number of red & white games over the years at the U18, 22 and National levels and firmly beleive my remarks are informed. I wonder how many National tryout camps you have attended? I thought so...

Not to take anything away from the girls you mentioned, Dawson College or the Province of Quebec however we are completley mistified as to why both the U18 & 22 teams are suddenley heavily weighted with players from Quebec. IMHO and from what I've seen there were a number of other players from all over Canada that were equal to or better than these picks. The thing is starting to develop an odour.

In closing.... and I am closing this discussion, I would suggest the next time you open a thread flying the "Fleur de Lis" you give some thought to the fact that every post is open to opinion/criticism.... especially those that are blowing their own horn.

BTW you might want to try the 24 hour rule in the future.

Nuff said.

Comment

I will assume the 78 means either your birth year or that you are Dawson Alumni and either would explain a number of things.

FYI, you are correct. I have had the opportunity to watch a number of red & white games over the years at the U18, 22 and National levels and firmly beleive my remarks are informed. I wonder how many National tryout camps you have attended? I thought so...

Not to take anything away from the girls you mentioned, Dawson College or the Province of Quebec however we are completley mistified as to why both the U18 & 22 teams are suddenley heavily weighted with players from Quebec. IMHO and from what I've seen there were a number of other players from all over Canada that were equal to or better than these picks. The thing is starting to develop an odour.

In closing.... and I am closing this discussion, I would suggest the next time you open a thread flying the "Fleur de Lis" you give some thought to the fact that every post is open to opinion/criticism.... especially those that are blowing their own horn.

BTW you might want to try the 24 hour rule in the future.

Nuff said.
                      If you are giving Blues78 5 for fighting, should you not get 2 for instigation

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                        If you are giving Blues78 5 for fighting, should you not get 2 for instigation
                        LOL
                        GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                          Not sure about Canada - but Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota has placed some players on the US National teams.
                          NAHA as well. Other than that, I'd venture to say probably Assabet and Polar Bears. Lately Chicago....all players have to come from some team right?!

Overall, I'd say the variety (err diversity?) in team selection for Canada vs the US is pretty similar. The best players want to play for the best teams...so I'm not surprised when multiple players from the better teams end up on a selection team.
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                            NAHA as well. Other than that, I'd venture to say probably Assabet and Polar Bears. Lately Chicago....all players have to come from some team right?!

Overall, I'd say the variety (err diversity?) in team selection for Canada vs the US is pretty similar. The best players want to play for the best teams...so I'm not surprised when multiple players from the better teams end up on a selection team.
                            right!
                            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post

You are very correct. NAHA has 5 on the 18U team this year and ZERO influence with USA Hockey as we all know.
                              GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Working...
                              X