Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
    @Wormser: Why is stout the best team in the conference? not because of a poll but because we are Stout. and yes if Norbies beats us again today they are still lucky, but i will tip my hat to them.
    Norbies ...

NCAA Final Eight 1997, 98, 99, 2002, 05
    NCAA Frozen Four 2003, 07
    NCAA Runner-Up 2004, 06
    NCAA National Champion 2008

NCHA Regular Season Champion 1997, 98, 99, 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08

NCHA Peters Cup Champion 1998, 99, 2003, 04, 05, 07,08

St. Norbert has won 70 Midwest Conference championships since joining the league in 1983.

Head coach Tim Coghlin beings his 17th season at the helm of the St. Norbert College hockey program and within the rigorous Northern Collegiate Hockey Association. Coghlin’s teams have fashioned a 341-100-35 record in 16 seasons. During that time, St. Norbert has put together a 164-49-23 mark in the NCHA, the best tenure in league history in terms of winning percentage.

Yeah, they are lucky
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
      Sorry - gotta stick with ny Green Knights when it comes to hockey; but speaking of the games at Stout, I looked at the schedule and is the Saturday game seriously starting at 4pm??
      The "ny Green Knights"
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

It didn't help last night that Nick Hopper left the game with an injury. Putting in a goalie that was sitting on the bench unprepared and definitely not expecting to have to go in the first game due to a teammates injury doesn't help our chances either. St. Norbert College controlled the tempo, but there were a few rushes by Stout's forwards where they should have scored. There was a lot of garbage in front of SNC's net and it looked like the defense was unsure of what to do.

As for beating the "best team" in the conference... Point and Superior both went down too. Both Stout and Superior had their first game last night and both lost. Maybe it's a sign that having a mediocre game beforehand allows you to work out the knots in your team. Who knows?!

Tonight might be a different look from Stout, maybe not. Only time will tell, but that isn't going to stop me from cheering on the Blue Devils.
        http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
        UW-Stout
        ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
        ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
          So the fact that I don't pay over 50k a year for school I'm on food stamps? Also nice analogy... "You sold the food stamps for cash" well thats pretty good on my part. Cash goes for a lot more than food stamps but the problem comes here: "and then put the cigs and lotto tickets ahead of the food for your kids" I thought I sold my food stamps for cash and since when do i have kids? As a college student it would be a big blow to find out i have kids I mean how would I then become an old washed up I remember the days when my overpriced educational institution was so good and I never want to forget them. So i will never move away from the town, go to all the sporting events and even hop on message boards and try to degrade people who go to practical schools where they pay considerably less but in all honesty get the better deal. Oh wait I don't go to St. Norbert's, I go to Stout and apparently get foodstamps for my tuition.

as for game recaps, comments etc. Game recaps are not my thing, and as SNC got lucky I was waiting for someone to put in some nice words and admit that the second best team in the conference played a good game and beat stout.

You might want to leave the training wheels on next time you try to post.
          D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
          Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate View Post
            It didn't help last night that Nick Hopper left the game with an injury. Putting in a goalie that was sitting on the bench unprepared and definitely not expecting to have to go in the first game

Were you expecting Hopper to score a goal also?

Who's fault is it that you think your second goalie was unprepared and not ready to enter the game? Coach Watkins? You're wrong by the way. Blaming the backup goalie who plays the last 22 minutes of the game and only lets up one goal shows just how little you actually know about the sport.

I'm sure the tailgating was really fun though, and you maintained your killer buzz through the whole game so it's not a total loss, right? Sorry SNC messed up the master plan for the night. I guess they don't read this board or simply weren't intimidated by all the Stout Frosh posters. Careful though, a loss today and you may find some other crap floating around this board, perhaps calling Stout's season last year a fluke...

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              Norbies ...

NCAA Final Eight 1997, 98, 99, 2002, 05
              NCAA Frozen Four 2003, 07
              NCAA Runner-Up 2004, 06
              NCAA National Champion 2008

NCHA Regular Season Champion 1997, 98, 99, 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08

NCHA Peters Cup Champion 1998, 99, 2003, 04, 05, 07,08

St. Norbert has won 70 Midwest Conference championships since joining the league in 1983.

Head coach Tim Coghlin beings his 17th season at the helm of the St. Norbert College hockey program and within the rigorous Northern Collegiate Hockey Association. Coghlin’s teams have fashioned a 341-100-35 record in 16 seasons. During that time, St. Norbert has put together a 164-49-23 mark in the NCHA, the best tenure in league history in terms of winning percentage.

Yeah, they are lucky
              I would just like to say read this....

Originally posted by Toe Blakes Brother
              Many newbie Stout posters (BDR excluded) who have not realized that this is a new year and that last year was just that!!!
              Everyone seems to agree that you cant live in the past norm. As for everyone else. Yes we were out shot very well but most of the time we took that handled it. Our defense last night looked pretty **** good though our offense was no where to be found and that killed us. Hopefully the loss last night lit fire under our offenses ***.

Comment

that isn't going to stop me from cheering on the Blue Devils.
                And it shouldn't. We were just a tad unimpressed with your campadre's claim of luck. They may very well light things up in the 3rd period for all we know, but thru 2 periods this afternoon it doesn't look like last night was nothing more than good fortune.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Outstanding weekend SNC!! Sometimes you make your own luck!!
                  SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

St. Norbert came in and proved us wrong. It's hard starting the season off 0-2 at home, but maybe the team will start showing some heart.

Today I saw about three good passes from Stout. The breakout was a mess today. They couldn't get the puck out to save their lives (or the game). When they finally got it out of our defensive zone, there wasn't a connection between the players. We had, once again, a significant fewer shots than SNC.

Time to go back to basics and and practice making passes.
                    http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
                    UW-Stout
                    ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
                    ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

• Mazzoleni turning around SNC?

Does anyone credit Mazzoleni for the way SNC dominated Stout? I'm wondering if adding him as a coach will translate into years of championships for SNC. The team sure reminded me of a 1990's Stevens Pt. squad. Stout was always behind the play and SNC was always on the loose pucks.

Comment

• Re: Mazzoleni turning around SNC?

Originally posted by McCracken View Post
                        Does anyone credit Mazzoleni for the way SNC dominated Stout? I'm wondering if adding him as a coach will translate into years of championships for SNC. The team sure reminded me of a 1990's Stevens Pt. squad. Stout was always behind the play and SNC was always on the loose pucks.
                        Mazz may have helped, but should he be solely credited? Probably not.

I also don't think SNC needed to be "turned around." Tim Coghlin is probably the best coach in DIII hockey, and has been for a decade. They had an 'off' year last year, but not a bad year....

Besides that, I don't think Stout is that good.
                        Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                        2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                        2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                        2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                        "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Mazzoleni is a fine college hockey coach and I'm sure he contributes plenty. I feel like it was a very good hire and he can only help. As far as how much is directly credited to him it is hard to say. It isn't as if they haven't had weekends like this before where they've dominated 2 games against a very good team. This group has plenty of Juniors and Seniors and I'm wondering if they didn't come back with a little extra fire in their belly when comparing how they felt after the last two seasons.

Comment

St. Norbert came in and proved us wrong. It's hard starting the season off 0-2 at home, but maybe the team will start showing some heart.

Today I saw about three good passes from Stout. The breakout was a mess today. They couldn't get the puck out to save their lives (or the game). When they finally got it out of our defensive zone, there wasn't a connection between the players. We had, once again, a significant fewer shots than SNC.

Time to go back to basics and and practice making passes.
                            We caught the Friday nite game over the internet, and live and in person at Dunn Sat nite; several off-side calls against Stout; guess everyone needs to review the basics. Friday nite was a nail biter, so it was great to see SNC take control right away Sat nite. I must admit I feel bad for Stout having 3 players injured in a single game, but that kind of stuff happens!

Comment

I really liked what I saw tonight. This team just has a different feel than last year's team. There seems to be more confidence coming out of the crease. O'Brien just looks more solid and confident in his positioning and as a result has better rebound control. With a few breaks this could be a darn good year when some (mostly outside of the SNC folks) where predicting implosion with some of the non-senior losses. I took a "I'll wait until I see the freshmen with my own eyes" approach before I formulated a strong opinion. People know I don't go over the top, but I'm just feeling very good after a few games. I was a little surprised by Bethel. I thought they'd be decent. I'm being kind when I say they weren't very good in their own zone with or without the puck, although some of it was certainly the aggression of their opponent. When they did get it out of the zone they showed some skill offensively, but that won't matter if they don't play better in the other two zones.

Comment

Saturday game notes:
                                1 -- Nice to see the SNC Pep Band in attendance...first time, in my memory, that they appeared at the CCC. Hopefully, they return for next weekend's series with the Pointers.
                                2 -- Hamline really did a nice job clogging up the neutral zone. Played strong defense all night.
                                3 -- Good test for this SNC team, leading into four straight NCHA games vs. Point and River. We played well, but did not take advantage of the chances we had to score a second goal.
                                4 -- Ties are not a bad thing, especially during conference play.
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X