Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/hockey/roster.html
    Updated roster with Astle and Ekstrom added....will we see them in the lineup vs the Pointers this Thursday nite??
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
      http://www.snc.edu/athletics/hockey/roster.html
      Updated roster with Astle and Ekstrom added....will we see them in the lineup vs the Pointers this Thursday nite??
      Pete:

The additions should make things interesting for the remainder of the year! It was nice to see SNC get back to scoring goals this last weekend. They need to continue to put the foot on the gas on Thursday at Point and this weekend at the CCC against EC. Two wins and some help against St. Scholastica could go a long way towards the NCHA championship. See you in Point!
      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Not an easy win, but they got the points. The 4 points this weekend are a must. They could put themselves in a position to essentially wrap it up next Friday in Duluth with a win over Scholastica, when they could go up at least 5 points ahead of everybody with only 3 games to play.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

A very nice 4 point weekend by SNC beginning with the Thursday night victory at Point and followed by the thrashing of UWEC last night at the CCC, a "statement game" to UWEC after the upset loss in EaU Claire.

SNC is playing much better highlighted by the new found balanced scoring of the lines, strong defensive zone play, and O'Brien in net. Additionally, SNC seems to have found 2 additional newcomers that are paying off already. I have been impressed by both including Enkstrom who is not afraid to shoot the puck from the blue line.

Unfortunately, we did not get any help this weekend from Stout or River who lost to St. Scholastica. It looks like next weekend, SNC will have to go to the Twin Ports with the possible NCHA title on the line. Good luck SNC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
            A very nice 4 point weekend by SNC beginning with the Thursday night victory at Point and followed by the thrashing of UWEC last night at the CCC, a "statement game" to UWEC after the upset loss in EaU Claire.

SNC is playing much better highlighted by the new found balanced scoring of the lines, strong defensive zone play, and O'Brien in net. Additionally, SNC seems to have found 2 additional newcomers that are paying off already. I have been impressed by both including Enkstrom who is not afraid to shoot the puck from the blue line.

Unfortunately, we did not get any help this weekend from Stout or River who lost to St. Scholastica. It looks like next weekend, SNC will have to go to the Twin Ports with the possible NCHA title on the line. Good luck SNC!!!
            Agreed TBB -- last nite was probably the most complete 60 minutes of the season for the Knights, since the 2 -- 0 victory over Stout (in NCHA opener).
            Onto the Twin Ports, for the showdown with CSS next Friday!!!
            SNC Men:
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:

Comment

I'm excited for hockey this weekend. I won't be making the trip to Duluth because I'm headed to Madison for Saturday's Camp Randall game, but I love Friday's game because it's a good opportunity to approach it like a road playoff game. SNC probably only needs a tie to be in great shape for the #1 seed and CSS needs a win to have any real shot. SNC needs to approach it that they'll basically guarantee no road post-season games this season with a win. They could certainly get neutral games if they could get to the Frozen Four, but there would be no true road games.

Comment

Agree - we are heading to the twin ports and looking forward to two great games! Hopefully the new two faces to the roster will continue their great starts - about time some current skaters are challenged as to who gets ice time!

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                  Agree - we are heading to the twin ports and looking forward to two great games! Hopefully the new two faces to the roster will continue their great starts - about time some current skaters are challenged as to who gets ice time!
                  Great start for Astle & Ekstrom, as they both scored a goal on their first shot in their first SNC start
                  SNC Men:
                  SNC Women:

Comment

I feel wierd hearing "Back in the New York Groove" on Project Runway commercials. SNC should have them design new hockey uniforms!
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Nothing new about the international flavor of the team, but local tv feature about it:

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...over-the-world
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by iDangledYourMom View Post
                        I wish I were down there to see it, I think many people are going to be utterly surprised with how many Green Knights are missing from last years squad.

pete99race - You might want to add "Wanted: 1 goalie and a line or two".

Going to be a tough season for SNC regardless of their goaltending situation.
                        How has this prediction been treating you lately? Funny we haven't heard from you. If anyone wants some free entertainment, go back to about 3 or 4 pages into this thread when a couple of the Stout posters were telling us how lucky SNC was to beat them opening weekend and how great Stout is simply because they are Stout. You know Stout, the team that is .500 in the league, a game below .500 overall, and likely finishing smack dab in the middle of the 7 team league standings. Maybe a little bit of a cheap shot, but we said it was ridiculous then and we have no reason to retract.

I can't say I ever go into a game rooting for a tie (although I did predict it in the Pick 'em), but I guess we'll take it. I'm happy to see them play good defense and not let CSS frustrate them into playing reckless with the way the Saints always seem to get a piece of the puck and take away space when you thought you had a little to work with. 3 points up with 3 games to go is looking pretty good. They can still afford a stinker, although I'm not suggesting they cash it in. They just need to keep piling up the wins to give themselves the safety net of a Pool C just in case. After they swept Stout I said in a different thread I thought they'd have a good shot to wrap it up when they played Stout at home the final weekend. If they are ready to go tomorrow afternoon it looks like a reasonable chance this will shake down.

Comment

i hope the knights enjoyed the twin ports. not the worst thing to tie and tie. one win next weekend and you take the conference right? a mistake against the jackets cost you, but other than that the knights are a good good team.

i would imagine pool c is locked up for SNC.
                          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                            i hope the knights enjoyed the twin ports. not the worst thing to tie and tie. one win next weekend and you take the conference right? a mistake against the jackets cost you, but other than that the knights are a good good team.

i would imagine pool c is locked up for SNC.
                            I believe that you are correct that a win on Fiday night and/or Saturday night would do it. Soup could help us out by taking out the St. S. Saints on Thursday night though. It would be a good "statement" game for your likely first round Peters Cup matchup.

Comment

I'd have to break out the tiebreaker rules to see what happens if they split this weekend since SNC and CSS split 1-1-1 this year. They need to make it a non-issue and get it done at home this weekend. They've scored 1 goal in 3 of their last 4 road games...and two of those were to teams tied for last. Saturday is a little disappointing to me because it isn't as if the Superior goalie stood on his head for 45 saves to earn the tie. They probably didn't deserve any better than a tie. The Knights need to get on a roll quickly because they may have only 2 more games until the NCHA semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                                I believe that you are correct that a win on Fiday night and/or Saturday night would do it. Soup could help us out by taking out the St. S. Saints on Thursday night though. It would be a good "statement" game for your likely first round Peters Cup matchup.

You are correct as well. Thursday Thursday Thursday!
                                The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X