Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
    My guess is that the few loud mouths (me included) at the upper levels of the Red line should go over to the student section and get them going. I would like to see the AD kick me out!!!
    If you gave him a 12 pack, you could do most anything.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

My guess is that the few loud mouths (me included) at the upper levels of the Red line should go over to the student section and get them going. I would like to see the AD kick me out!!!
      I'll paint my face if you get Jim to do it. I just wouldn't want to give up my great seats to sit behind the goal to engage the students.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
        I'll paint my face if you get Jim to do it. I just wouldn't want to give up my great seats to sit behind the goal to engage the students.
        The best seats are behind the goal.
        Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
        2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
        2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
        2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
        "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Hey - we kick in what we can down at the blue line in Section E; my best complement came from when we were over at Stout and the lady in front of me turned around and said wow - you are really loud, and I said thank you!
          I agree it's disappointing we have a student section that can't be students like at other schools/rinks, but it is what it is.
          The CSS team looked great last weekend - just shows the NCHA still has some very competitive teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
            Respectfully disagree. I can't stand sitting behind the goal. It takes the entire far zone out of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
              Absolutely. I always have to adjust my perceptions when I'm seated someplace else. I love watching the way the goalies play, the action behind the net, and the way the offense/defense work the play from side to side. You can see enough at the far end, although its a whole lot better sitting in your teams offensive end for two periods.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The game at Superior on Feb 6th is a 4pm start - per Superior's website; I'm confirming that with their athletic office; we are heading up for this weekend, catch Scholastica game Friday evening, then this one Saturday!

ready for the season to kick back in this weekend!

Comment

Tim D. announced during today's broadcast from Moorhead, Mn. that Kurt Astle (F) has indeed returned to the SNC program, joining our second recruit from Sweden, Carl Ekstrom (D).
                  Ekstrom was on the 08-09 roster for D-1 Union College.
                  Both will be eligible to play shortly.
                  Last edited by pete99race; 01-08-2010, 05:49 PM.
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I think those two guys can play as soon as classes start.

That Saturday game made me nervous as heck. It had the feel of what I call a "c'mon guys!" game where they were just letting a lesser team hang around who ends up tying it. A blemish to St. Johns really could have hurt them in some common component comparisons if they end up needing Pool C. Good to see them explode late. Great production by the 4th line this weekend. Probably the biggest positive out of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                      Tim D. announced during today's broadcast from Moorhead, Mn. that Kurt Astle (F) has indeed returned to the SNC program, joining our second recruit from Sweden, Carl Ekstrom (D).
                      Ekstrom was on the 08-09 roster for D-1 Union College.
                      Both will be eligible to play shortly.
                      NCHA rules require them to wait until the start of the 2nd semester.

Comment

Big goalie transfer to SNC bails out and shows up on roster of the Neuman Knights
                        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by jazman View Post
                          NCHA rules require them to wait until the start of the 2nd semester.
                          That is a relatively new rule (or interpretation of the rule), and is the same as the NCAA rule. Before the NCAA allowed transfer students to play as soon a the semester/quarter had ended at their original school, thus allowing a player to begin play during the semester break. Now they have to wait until the first day of classes at the new school. I find it interesting that if Football starts before classes do at a school, freshmen and transfers can play from game 1, even if classes don't start for a couple of weeks (this arises a lot with West Coast schools on the traditional quarter system, which starts typically the third week in Sept., or for those few remaining schools on the tradtional semester system, which starts about the same time. That's somewhat inconsistent. (NCAA, inconsistent )
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                            Big goalie transfer to SNC bails out and shows up on roster of the Neuman Knights
                            SNC doesn't need him. Thanks for the rumor, though...

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                              Both Catholic colleges, SNC Tuition $26,522 a year, Neumann Tuition $20,580.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

It would have been a great luxury having a guy with LaRose's numbers and talent according to some, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X