Plymouth Women's Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth Women's Revival

Best of luck to Darcy Corson at PSU ! As an old guy, not at all computer savvy, the only way that I know to follow various teams is via their web pages. Nonetheless, I plan to follow Plymouth State this season and hope that Darcy has the kind of season that we all dream about - something along the line of 'rags to riches'. Not only for the coach but for everyone involved in the program, dream big and skate tall. I should think that we are all in agreement that PSU's success would be a good thing for the entire hockey universe.

Re: Plymouth Women's Revival

She is going to need lots of luck! Best wishes
    Last edited by UCONN FAN; 08-17-2009, 06:50 AM.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

It will be a gradual move up. Wouldn't expect anything this coming year or next.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
        It will be a gradual move up. Wouldn't expect anything this coming year or next.
        or the next...or the next...or...never???
        Last edited by wihobserver; 08-14-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Quite honestly, I'm for any movement in the ECAC East that will increase competition within the league. I've described the ECAC East in the past as the league of the "Haves and Have Nots." Actually there are Three tiers in the league, Those always at the top, those stuck in the middle and the bottom dwellers.

There is lots of enthusiasm in the league this year and I expect better seasons out of Castleton and Nichols as well.

With a new coach and a new rink on the way, I would be thrilled to see PSU move from bottom dweller to the middle tier and beyond!

In any case, I don't think that teams will be able to count games against any of these three teams as "auto wins."

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
            Quite honestly, I'm for any movement in the ECAC East that will increase competition within the league. I've described the ECAC East in the past as the league of the "Haves and Have Nots." Actually there are Three tiers in the league, Those always at the top, those stuck in the middle and the bottom dwellers.

There is lots of enthusiasm in the league this year and I expect better seasons out of Castleton and Nichols as well.

With a new coach and a new rink on the way, I would be thrilled to see PSU move from bottom dweller to the middle tier and beyond!

In any case, I don't think that teams will be able to count games against any of these three teams as "auto wins."
            I wish the women's team well, and hope the men's team doesn't win a game!
            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

The new rink is a huge addition to their program. Presently they all have to drive about 35 minutes to Waterville for practices and home games. Having that inconvenience makes life more difficult. My guess is that it hasn't helped with recruiting either. Nonetheless, I plan to take a bus from Phila to Boston for the game against UMass. When the new rink opens the bus stop in Plymouth is right down the hill. Can't wait.

Comment

Wihobserver's comment is so mean spirited and negative. Why bother taking the time to send a comment. Don't you have a life?

Obviously PSU is trying to improve. I wish them luck.
                Salve played them last year and it was a lopsided victory. Players do not like those kind of games no matter what side they are on.

Comment

Originally posted by 4-chek View Post
                  Wihobserver's comment is so mean spirited and negative. Why bother taking the time to send a comment. Don't you have a life?

Obviously PSU is trying to improve. I wish them luck.
                  Salve played them last year and it was a lopsided victory. Players do not like those kind of games no matter what side they are on.
                  why bother responding to my comment...isn't "don't you have a life?" mean spirited and negative too...freedom of speech is the basis of this forum...i looked up the team's record and saw they had 1 win and 1 tie in 3 years and imho that's a sign of a school that is not making the commitment...i never make negative comments about the players of any team but i have made negative comments about a few schools...sorry if you don't like it...now if you'll excuse me i have to go get a life just like everyone else on here who takes time to post their opinions...

Comment

You made my point. You looked up their record. Doesn't that require a lot of time. Instead of suggesting that it might take a few years, your comment was negative by saying it could be forever. You say you never speak badly about players. Speaking badly about their program is no better. It looks to me like the school is trying. How do you think the players feel when they see comments like yours and how do you think the new recruits feel.
                    Yeah, yeah, you have a right to free speech, but it's people like you who abuse that right hiding behind a pen name. You take all the enjoyment out of the game.

Comment

The new PSU rink will also be LEED certified. It's strange to talk about energy efficiency and sustainability in the same breath as "Ice Rink." The rink will use a "sophisticated geothermal heating/cooling design to maximize energy conservation opportunities."

If I can get on my soap box for a minute... We really don't need "Cap and Trade" policies that will make energy so expensive we can't use it, what we need are policies that will encourage the use of cost effective, energy efficient technologies.

http://athletics.plymouth.edu/sports...90807_ICEARENA

Comment

Originally posted by 4-chek View Post
                        You made my point. You looked up their record. Doesn't that require a lot of time. Instead of suggesting that it might take a few years, your comment was negative by saying it could be forever. You say you never speak badly about players. Speaking badly about their program is no better. It looks to me like the school is trying. How do you think the players feel when they see comments like yours and how do you think the new recruits feel.
                        Yeah, yeah, you have a right to free speech, but it's people like you who abuse that right hiding behind a pen name. You take all the enjoyment out of the game.
                        you made my point and my day too...this website is so good it takes very little time looking up any team's history...maybe the same amount of time it took you to read my post and then to type your own...it's not the first time i've been criticised for stating my opinion strongly here...it's funny when guys do it it seems to be ok...interesting...btw i like your pen name...

Comment

Actually my daughter is looking for a smaller college where she can play hockey and plymouth is on her radar, you have to start somewhere...and they can only go up from here.....

Comment

Working...
                          X