This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

It's time to talk " BUCKEYE " hockey and get excited about this 09-10 year.

Let's get excited about the posative growth and this new and up coming season.

" Let's talk OSU Hockey. "

PS. What happen to the old forum thread.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
    It's time to talk " BUCKEYE " hockey and get excited about this 09-10 year.

Let's get excited about the posative growth and this new and up coming season.

" Let's talk OSU Hockey. "

Is there something to be "positive" about when it comes to OSU hockey? The old forum must not have had a post since June 12th since it looks like that is the last date prior to some updating by the USCHO admin folks.

Seriously, it is amazing to me that OSU is not a bigger player in the hockey world with that big time athletic department that seems to have a bottomless pit of money. I can understand Michigan and Notre Dame having a better program but Miami and last year, Alaska??
    Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
      I don't know what happened to it, but I'm glad you brought it back!!

I noticed on the schedule that there is a game scheduled for October 4 in the Ice Rink against Western Ontario. I don't remember seeing it before, but I may have just missed it.

Comment

We all know that Football at OSU is # 1 and Hockey is # 2. OK.
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

You're kidding yourself if you think hockey is even #2 at OSU... It's #3 behind basketball and sometimes even #4 behind women's basketball... It all comes down to which sport makes the most money at OSU. With the amazing run the women's team had last year (and despite a good season for hockey), the priorities of Athletics may have changed a bit.

Comment

Have you guys ever had a sell out? If not what's most you ever got for one game?

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
              Seriously, it is amazing to me that OSU is not a bigger player in the hockey world with that big time athletic department that seems to have a bottomless pit of money. I can understand Michigan and Notre Dame having a better program but Miami and last year, Alaska??
              Yeah really, who would ever guess that hockey would be a bigger deal in a place like Alaska than in the hockey hotbed of Ohio?
              OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
                Yeah really, who would ever guess that hockey would be a bigger deal in a place like Alaska than in the hockey hotbed of Ohio?
                hotbeds getting at least a little better with the recruits both our teams are getting. now if we only still had a USHL club in the state, that one hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                  Have you guys ever had a sell out? If not what's most you ever got for one game?
                  For a stadium that holds 17,500 total for hockey, it would be hard to sell out. The lower bowl (I believe around 10,000 for hockey) has been sold out. The highest attendance I could find came from a game against M*ch*g*n in 2007 where attendance was 13,296**. From this season, the highest attendance was 9,267 again vs. M*ch*g*n. That number surprises me since the upper level was open and pretty full. I guess that's the kind of numbers you get when the people with club level packages don't use their hockey tickets.

**It has been brought to my attention that my original high game was not actually the highest. OSUHockey09 pointed out that the M*ch*g*n game in 2005 (Jan. 21) was actually higher with an attendance of 14,777.
                  Last edited by buckeye1025; 08-11-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Offical Team Web-Sie Link;

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Spo...06&SPSID=87731
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Does Ohio State's athletic department do a good job promoting the games and trying to get students to attend or is it more the students promoting it themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        hotbeds getting at least a little better with the recruits both our teams are getting. now if we only still had a USHL club in the state, that one hurts.
                        Youngstown is in the USHL....and in Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                          Youngstown is in the USHL....and in Ohio
                          Oh is that the old Mahoning Valley club? I knew they had an NAHL team, just didn't know they were getting the bump up this year. Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeye1025 View Post
                            For a stadium that holds 17,500 total for hockey, it would be hard to sell out. The lower bowl (I believe around 10,000 for hockey) has been sold out. The highest attendance I could find came from a game against M*ch*g*n in 2007 where attendance was 13,296**. From this season, the highest attendance was 9,267 again vs. M*ch*g*n. That number surprises me since the upper level was open and pretty full. I guess that's the kind of numbers you get when the people with club level packages don't use their hockey tickets.

**It has been brought to my attention that my original high game was not actually the highest. OSUHockey09 pointed out that the M*ch*g*n game in 2005 (Jan. 21) was actually higher with an attendance of 14,777.

The Buckeyes have sold out games against mich before. If fact the first game ever at the Schott was a sell out. If you check the yearbook its in there.

Comment

Those were just the numbers that I got from the ohiostatebuckeyes.com site. If you look at the box scores, it shows the attendance for each game.

Comment

Working...
                              X