X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by Buckeyefan2009 View Post
    Any word on Lammers replacement? I think the team starts practice tomorrow. And the student tickets are a great idea. Looks like hockey is taking a step in the right direction.
    Posting of the job must be up for ten days before a selection can be made.

This is day two.

Keep repeating this.....JB....JB.....JB....JB

Comment

No doubt BJ would be a very good choice, but not a great one. I'd rather they get someone experienced in the recruiting trenches, but time is short.

Still, could look to a Blue Jacket favorite...Ron Tugnutt. College goalies everywhere get the short end of the stick without proper coaching.

Comment

Last year of the contract for the head coach with no word (official or otherwise) on renewal, it's not likely anyone would seriously consider coming in from the outside at this point. Too much uncertainty with regard to 'the future'. Plus, there is the continuity part of the equation.

JB, JB, JB, JB....
        Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Got the ticket renewal form in the mail today! Hockey season is right around the corner

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeHockey View Post
            Got the ticket renewal form in the mail today! Hockey season is right around the corner
            Hey so did I,

Figured that was sign to come back to USCHO! Getting pumped for the season and hoping the talent progresses!

Comment

Great idea about the students-now just make sure they know!

Comment

Just got off the phone with the OSU Ticket Sales (they called me responding to my many calls over the past two months), and they took my Season Ticket order over the phone. $247 for two adult tickets for 18 games (+2 free admission Exb games). I decided to get new seats this year moving to the next to the visitor's penalty box instead of the home penalty box. I really can't wait for this season to start!!!

After Markell & Brent, will Salajko get the third spot or will Bittner get the nod?
                sigpic
                Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                  Great idea about the students-now just make sure they know!
                  My son, a soph, told me yesterday that he was informed by student email. He is an RA and going to get his entire floor to go at least one night. Hopefully he picks Oct 10 against Q. Should be a W and good enough weather to walk from South campus and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    summary of duties:

Instructs and teaches athletes in fundamentals ice hockey, coaches technique and strategy; assists in selection of team members and recruiting activities in compliance with conference, NCAA, and OSU rules and regulations; assists the head coach in the coordination of administrative areas of program management,
                    I'd settle for just getting the PP up to 15% or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Hobbit View Post
                      After Markell & Brent, will Salajko get the third spot or will Bittner get the nod?
                      Smart money is on BJ, he was born to coach. But as stated earlier, I'd rather see someone with recruiting experience. Salajko would not be bad, if fact an excellent choice, but few college give one of their spot to a goalie coach.

Comment

Coming in from Erie for a conference and want to take in the Oct. 9th game. Never been to Columbus and looking forward to seeing the sites as well. How hard is it to get tickets? Do they sell out? Thanks in advance.
                        "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                          I'd settle for just getting the PP up to 15% or better.
                          Boy 15% that sounds good to me. Anything has to be better than last years. one more ppg at Msu last year and they get a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                            Coming in from Erie for a conference and want to take in the Oct. 9th game. Never been to Columbus and looking forward to seeing the sites as well. How hard is it to get tickets? Do they sell out? Thanks in advance.
                            Tickets are pretty easy to get seeing how the Schott seats 17,000+. They will not sell out for the Quinnipiac game, although there may be more people there than normal seeing how it is opening weekend. If you want seats close to the ice I suggest buying online early (single game tickets go on sale Oct 1), but if you don't care where you sit you can buy seats there the day of the game. There is a home football game the next day, so there will also probably be more people around campus than usual, so be aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                              Smart money is on BJ, he was born to coach. But as stated earlier, I'd rather see someone with recruiting experience. Salajko would not be bad, if fact an excellent choice, but few college give one of their spot to a goalie coach.
                              Is a college degree required to be one of the three full-time coaches? Does Salajko have a degree?
                              OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
                                Is a college degree required to be one of the three full-time coaches? Does Salajko have a degree?
                                required qualifications:
                                Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience; hockey coaching experience, preferably at the intercollegiate level; ability to work with a diverse population; and ability to travel extensively during recruiting process.

Comment

Working...
                                X