This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Is this good news or bad news for the Buckeyes team.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p...PORTS/90417044
    Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 09-06-2009, 06:52 PM.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Dries has to redshirt/sit a year before he can play (even though he received his release). If he can keep his act together and actually mature during the year, he can be an asset. If he doesn't, he won't (or rather, shouldn't) get an opportunity to play. IMHO anyway.
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
        If I'm not mistaken, Dries has to redshirt/sit a year before he can play (even though he received his release). If he can keep his act together and actually mature during the year, he can be an asset. If he doesn't, he won't (or rather, shouldn't) get an opportunity to play. IMHO anyway.
        I do think he has to sit out this year and agre if he can saty out of trouble should be a pretty good assest to this team next year.

Comment

Fun...Michigan legacy turned Buckeye. Makes you wonder why he was in NH to begin with.
          OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Danny Drie

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
              Fun...Michigan legacy turned Buckeye. Makes you wonder why he was in NH to begin with.
              I guess he just didn't want to got to Michigan Tech.

Comment

Great.

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                Is this good news or bad news for the Buckeyes team.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p...PORTS/90417044

Comment

Dries will sit out a year and has a chance to be a real asset for OSU. He came to UNH unproven, with an injury plagued and troubled USHL career, but was moved to the top line during winter break and made the most of it with a breakout second half. He is great at crashing the net and scoring "garbage goals." However, he found himself in trouble at UNH taking dumb penalties in big spots. He got into trouble off the ice a number of times, and was finally cut loose, so it will be interesting to see if he can mature enough to stay on the ice for the Buckeyes.
                  "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

I believe in giving kids a second chance , but to sit out a whole season is not good for any player. I'm sure he can still practice with the team.

This kid will have alot of weight on his shoulders. He will have to prove himself this year and the next years to come. He will have to earn his respect and thrust back.

WELCOME KID and I hope you become a better person because of your off ice mistakes.

If OSU didn't take him , I'm sure another team would have.
                    Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling error
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

This year should be interesting for him. Either it gives him an entire year in Columbus to find more trouble, or he takes advantage of it, works hard at practice and matures as a man. I'm hoping it's the latter, but time shall tell.
                      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Got Tickets?

For those of you looking for your season ticket order forms, I just got off the phone with the OSU ticket office. (For the record, it's Wednesday, 9 September 2009).

They said ticket orders should go out "in the next week or two." The reason was 'cause there were waiting for the "schedule to be finalized" by the hockey office. Mmmmm 'kay.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it... They only have, oh, a dozen or so orders to fill anyway.

Maybe they'll just plan to have us all stop by the ticket office right before the first Quinnipiac game to pick them up.

Comment

• Re: Got Tickets?

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                          For those of you looking for your season ticket order forms, I just got off the phone with the OSU ticket office. (For the record, it's Wednesday, 9 September 2009).

They said ticket orders should go out "in the next week or two." The reason was 'cause there were waiting for the "schedule to be finalized" by the hockey office. Mmmmm 'kay.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it... They only have, oh, a dozen or so orders to fill anyway.

Maybe they'll just plan to have us all stop by the ticket office right before the first Quinnipiac game to pick them up.

That kills me. They do that to you guys every year, and the season is less than a month a way. We always harp on the Miami ticket office being awful, but at least they make us renew ours in June. Hope your tix arrive sometime in September.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                            He is great at crashing the net and scoring "garbage goals." However, he found himself in trouble at UNH taking dumb penalties in big spots.
                            I thought Boots was already a Buckeye...
                            OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

• Re: Got Tickets?

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                              They said ticket orders should go out "in the next week or two." The reason was 'cause there were waiting for the "schedule to be finalized" by the hockey office. Mmmmm
                              Have they named a location for game two of the Denver series?

Comment

I just checked the schedule, no new info on game two with Denver, but added is an exhibition, Oct 4-Western Ontario. Actually, the Western Mustangs. They look to be a little better team than York. If anyone has some free time this weekend, Western is having open tryouts Saturday and Sunday.
                                Last edited by tic tac toe; 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM. Reason: new 411

Comment

Working...
                                X