This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Looks like the Bucks signed two kids for next year. Now the big question is will Markell be there when they arrive???

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenhockeydad View Post
      Looks like the Bucks signed two kids for next year.
      Markell has had great success getting good skaters from the BCHL the last two years. Hopefully Curtis Gedig, Dman and Alex Szczechura, F, will do well.
      At one time Alex Lippincott(Fargo) and Chris Crane(Green Bay) were on schedule to arrive next year. Wonder what their status is, with only one senior scholarship money could be scarce.

Alex is a very skilled forward with great vision," Markell said. "He has the ability to give more to a power play. He's known for his passing skills but can put the puck in the net as well and has a history of putting up points at every level. He's currently playing a big role for a strong team in Penticton that has the ability to go far in the playoffs."

Comment

Szczechura?

Must be related to Paul who put up some nice points for WMU a few years ago. He's spent some time in the NHL this year too.
        OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
          Szczechura?

Must be related to Paul who put up some nice points for WMU a few years ago. He's spent some time in the NHL this year too.
          From the article on ohiostatebuckeyes.com:
          His brother, Paul, played four years for Western Michigan in the CCHA (2004-07) and is currently in the NHL with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
            ... with only one senior scholarship money could be scarce."
            I'd be willing to bet 2 current Juniors and 1 Sophmore won't be back next year (maybe even 3 and 2?), which will open up more scholarship money...
            Last edited by Arpod; 11-19-2009, 06:46 AM. Reason: clarity
            Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
              I'd be willing to bet 2 current Juniors and 1 Sophmore won't be back next year (maybe even 3 and 2?), which will open up more scholarship money...

If i had to guess right now i would say Dalpe, Albert, and Bartkowski will not be back next year.

Although as i said earlier in this thread Dalpe needs to be more aggressive in his play too many times he goes unnoticed during games.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                If i had to guess right now i would say Dalpe, Albert, and Bartkowski will not be back next year.

Although as i said earlier in this thread Dalpe needs to be more aggressive in his play too many times he goes unnoticed during games.
                I was just saying that and then Dalpe had a huge weekend, hope it continues. I don't expect him to score every game but sometimes stars gotta be stars.

Comment

Like I said before , you can kiss John Albert " GOOD-BYE " to the NHL unless he decides to stay another year in college.
                  " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                    I was just saying that and then Dalpe had a huge weekend, hope it continues. I don't expect him to score every game but sometimes stars gotta be stars.
                    I was telling a friend that at the game on Friday. IMO John Albert is the best player on this team because you can count on him to make something happen almost everytime his line is on the ice it might be a penalty, scoring chance or even a goal. He has consistently done that all season and for most of last season too. I dont see him being a buckeye after this season.

Comment

On the positive side, Aaron Lewicki for the Bulldogs was a -1 and the Buckeyes won the face-off battle 33-32. My guess last night's healthy scratches will dress.
                      Not more to be said.

Comment

There was a positive side?

Ferris is on the upswing, but ouch. I guess this is one of those situations where you just throw away the DVD and start over fresh the next night. Thank goodness for the two game series, and the opportunity for redemption it provides.

Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          There was a positive side?

Ferris is on the upswing, but ouch. I guess this is one of those situations where you just throw away the DVD and start over fresh the next night. Thank goodness for the two game series, and the opportunity for redemption it provides.

Go Bucks!
                          My thougths exactly. You just have to throw everything about last night and start fresh today.

Comment

From the USCHO recap:

“We were out-competed in every facet of the game,” said Buckeyes coach John Markell. “We kind of had a feeling it was coming.
                            I hope he's talking about the hat trick and not the feeling they were going to lose a game 8-1.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Split on the road is never bad

Comment

First period, OSU cannot score on a 5x3 PP, but Somma & Stefishen puts them up 2-0

Comment

Working...
                                X