Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How many points for a Chuck-a-Puck winner?

I was hoping they would add a point for an OT loss.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

How about an extra point for the HOME team.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

and while we're at it we could give a point for every time a team comes out with a new uniform. OSU could get 3 to 6 extra points a year with this.

Comment

I expected Zach Pelletier to go pro and become an enforcer at some level, but apparently not. He has become a DEA agent. An enforcer in the Federal League. Maybe he'll cuff a couple of his former teammates-I 'd know what that could possibly mean.

GOOD FOR HIM
          Last edited by tic tac toe; 09-28-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
            I expected Zach Pelletier to go pro and become an enforcer at some level, but apparently not. He has become a DEA agent. An enforcer in the Federal League. Maybe he'll cuff a couple of his former teammates-I 'd know what that could possibly mean.

GOOD FOR HIM
            I was talking to a co-worker at a training class yesterday who is also a season ticket holder. He was telling me how Zach recently did a "ride along" with our Department and how he was hired with the U.S. Border Patrol. He told me that Zach was in the selection process with the DEA and was hoping to get selected before he left for the Border Patrol academy since government agencies typically remove candidates from the process after they start to attend another government training academy. So this is GREAT news for Zach. Congrads, will be looking for you on the DEA's agency hockey team.
            sigpic
            Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Exhibition Game,

Sunday 4th , VS. Western Ontario.

Anyone going to this game?

I live out of state so I will be watching it on BUCKEYE vision.

This should be a good game for the coaches to set some line combinations up and see how the boys are clicking.

" DROP THE PUCK " or " DROP THE GLOVES. "
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

• Re: How many points for a Chuck-a-Puck winner?

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                Finally, in recent CCHA news, this was on OSU's hockey website:

This season, a regulation or sudden-death overtime win will earn a team three points in the standings, a shootout victory will garner two points, a shootout loss will be rewarded by one point, and a loss in regulation or overtime will mean no points. So, any game that goes to a shootout will see the victor credited with a tie and a shootout win in the conference standings, while the loser will receive credit for a tie.

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the shootout, but this just adds a gimmick to a gimmick. Heaven knows how they'll work out the tiebreakers this year. Paper/scissors/rock?
                I certainly agree with your starting point -- I wish we hadn't added shootouts. But if the shootouts are a given, then the new point system should be seen as a significant improvement.

Under the old system, 3 points were awarded for shootout games -- two for the winner, 1 for the loser. In contrast, when actual hockey determined the winner, only two points were awarded. While I'm not arguing there was any actual collusion between teams to create more shootouts, the league was awarding extra credit when a shootout occurred. To me, the idea that a shootout should be officially recognized as more valuable than a regular game was one of the most galling aspects of the matter.

Further, the old system created an unhealthy incentive structure. Under last year's rules, there was no reason to avoid the shootout. The old system actually created an incentive to play for the tie. Granted, the maximum payoff was 2 points either way. But taking the game to a shootout meant you were guaranteed 1 point, thus eliminating half of the downside risk.

With the change, there is now a 1 point penalty for winning in a shootout. The maximum payoff for a real hockey victory is 3, the maximum payoff for a gimmick victory is 2. That's a much better situation, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                  Sunday 4th , VS. Western Ontario.
                  Anyone going to this game?

i will be there

Comment

Will you be there as a ;

Fan , Player , Zamboni Driver , Ref , or " BEER MAN. "

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

LETS PLAY HOCKEY! Any predictions on the year?

Comment

I think its a bad year if the bucks dont finish in the top 4 get a bye and make it back to the Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          I think its a bad year if the bucks dont finish in the top 4 get a bye and make it back to the Tournament.
                          especially since the coach is (supposedly) in the last year of his contract.

Comment

Here's how I see it ,

Coach = 50 %

Players = 50 %

Team-Work = 100 %
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              With last year's success, a lot of talent returning and lost very little one would think a top four finish would be easy. But one must consider, UM, ND and Miami should all three be a lock for a top four finish. The last spot will be a dog fight between Alaska, N Mich and OSU. Ohio St. will be a better team this and my finish 6th. That is assuming a surprise team doesn't jump into the mix(Blais/UNO). There is a chance ND could falter, lost two of their top scorers, G and a couple of key D-men, but they a still loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                                With last year's success, a lot of talent returning and lost very little one would think a top four finish would be easy. But one must consider, UM, ND and Miami should all three be a lock for a top four finish. The last spot will be a dog fight between Alaska, N Mich and OSU. Ohio St. will be a better team this and my finish 6th. That is assuming a surprise team doesn't jump into the mix(Blais/UNO). There is a chance ND could falter, lost two of their top scorers, G and a couple of key D-men, but they a still loaded.
                                As for the "Big Three" in the league....

I've seen it happen very often that a pre-season favorite simply lacks the chemistry among the players to be a good team. OSU went through this very recently after everyone thought they had made the break into the top echelon. They dropped like a rock. And it was only a couple of years ago the MSU was considered a lock for the top three.

Not saying one of these three will falter - only that it is more than possible. Talent and coaching can't make up for developing a wrong or bad attitude or a rash of injuries. Also when some team falters there is usually a surprise team coming out of nowhere.

Much to the chagrin of the media the games are played on the ice (or field, or court etc.) and not on computers or in the mind of so called experts.

Comment

Working...
                                X