Alternative names for "Frozen Four"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative names for "Frozen Four"

Since the NCAA says that Frozen Four can only refer to the DI mens' and womens' semis and finals, it seems we need a term for the DIII events.

I would propose the Frosted Foursome or the Quiescent Quartet. Other ideas?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Re: Alternative names for "Frozen Four"

How about:

The Big Chill Championships

or

Le Grande Quatre (for our Canadian players and friends)

Comment

If the D3 championship is going to stay in Lake Placid (not a bad idea). Maybe the NCAA should have a trophy made up and they can link the name of it with the Adirondacks (Adirondack cup, High Peaks championship, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by CHFan View Post
        If the D3 championship is going to stay in Lake Placid (not a bad idea). Maybe the NCAA should have a trophy made up and they can link the name of it with the Adirondacks (Adirondack cup, High Peaks championship, etc).
        Say what? And this is supposed to appeal to the 25 teams in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
          Say what? And this is supposed to appeal to the 25 teams in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.
          Silly person. There is no hockey west of the New York border. Haven't you learned anything from being on this board?
          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
            Silly person. There is no hockey west of the New York border. Haven't you learned anything from being on this board?
            Remove the cheese from your ears and conduct a survey in your listening area. You may find your opinion is not consistent with your listeners.

Comment

Remove the cheese from your ears and conduct a survey in your listening area. You may find your opinion is not consistent with your listeners.
              It is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the east people. Or most of them, I should say.
              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

It should appeal to all of college hockey. It's not about east/west, it's about the venue, and the history that surrounds it. I understand that there is "eastern bias" all over this board, but this shouldn't be considered one of those cases. This is the site of a game that will have a special place in the history of college hockey, since it was college players that accomplished the feat.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Since the NCAA says that Frozen Four can only refer to the DI mens' and womens' semis and finals, it seems we need a term for the DIII events.

I would propose the Frosted Foursome or the Quiescent Quartet. Other ideas?
                  If you can't beat them, maybe just join them and adopt the official NCAA nomenclature "The Insignificant Four"
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Screw the NC$$. It shall remain The Frozen Four in our hearts, and in our minds. And that is all that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                      Screw the NC$$. It shall remain The Frozen Four in our hearts, and in our minds. And that is all that matter.
                      This is true, but I'm sure Webb and his colleagues can't use the term because the NCAA won't credential them. That would be worse than drinking water from a cup that doesn't say Dasini.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'm going to go with the Rimy Rectangle.

Comment

It may not help the west teams come selection time with all the criteria and the NCAA's low coffers, but Lake Placid is hands down the ideal Championship site.

The only downside is its remote location. Two and a half hours from Albany with zero cell service until you see the 'Welcome To Lake Placid' sign if I remember correctly.

The Olympic Committee is fantastic, especially with the use of the Olympic Training Center as a base camp for teams. It's design and function is to house athletes on a temporary basis. Full-service cafeteria, healthy snacks available 24/7, full workout facilities of world class, literally. Recreation like basketball, ping pong, Xbox 360 and more. Starting to sound like a commercial for Howard Johnson yet?

If you didn't go last year I recommend saving your pennies for this coming year, regardless whether your team is in the dance. Likely the best hockey experience I've ever had. Great town, unbelieveable history, beautiful setting and the locals love having us.

It should appeal to every hockey fan. Great excuse to visit a place every hockey fan should experience once.

I hear the adult grain oil establishments aren't bad either, but that's just second hand information.
                          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                          WIAC Championships: 10-11
                          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

HOCKEYGEDDON 3000. See, it works well because it won't become dated until after the year 3000.
                            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                            Some National Championships:
                            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

In honor of it being the D-3 Final ... call it "The Three Four".

Comment

Working...
                              X