• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U18 roster

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/...lectRoster.doc

Here it is!

Re: U18 roster

Disclaimer:I have not seen 99% of the players selected.
    Now with that out of the way. Is it just a coincidence that 2 of the 3 players who have supposedly committed to the head coach end up on the roster? Also what is the likely hood of any of the others( who have not committed) eventually ending up at BC or Ohio St.?

Comment

Mangene was on last year's U18 as well, I believe.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
        Mangene was on last year's U18 as well, I believe.
        Mangene has been on the roster for the last two years.
        GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Hmm, Kendall Coyne is on both rosters. Does that mean she'll tryout with the US team and play with the U18's or will she practice with the U18's?

Comment

I think it is a coincidence that 3 of the girls may be committed to BC. That program naturally attracts some of the top talent in the country and will continue to do so.

I am surprised that there are so many 93 D (more than 92's) and not many 93 F's. I know some good 93 F's that didn't make it and they selected two 94 F's. I think the best players should make it regardless of age, but there are at least two really good 93 F's who didn't make it. Confusing...

Comment

Originally posted by Radar3535 View Post
              Disclaimer:I have not seen 99% of the players selected.
              Now with that out of the way. Is it just a coincidence that 2 of the 3 players who have supposedly committed to the head coach end up on the roster? Also what is the likely hood of any of the others( who have not committed) eventually ending up at BC or Ohio St.?
              Does the head coach actually pick the U18 team or is the team picked by a committee? My guess is it's a committee, therefore a coincidence. BC is historically a place where kids want to go to school, it's just that it's only been in the last few years that BC has actually put the effort forth to build a strong women's hockey team. I think you'll see hockey east as a whole develop into a very strong league with BU and Northeastern starting to really build up as well as UNH, BC and PC, continuing their strong recruiting. I would like to see Vermont and Maine bulking up also. UConn has been right in the mix recruiting and have had some real good teams. Let's hope that continues.

Comment

I have seen both of the 94s play on multiple occasions and I'm pretty confident that they will have a substantial positive impact for what will hopefully be three years on the team (just like Kendall Coyne and Meagan Mangene...and add Amanda Pelkey to the list assuming she makes the team again in 2010)

Comment

It's not a coincidence, but it's not causal either.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                    Hmm, Kendall Coyne is on both rosters. Does that mean she'll tryout with the US team and play with the U18's or will she practice with the U18's?
                    It's my understanding that Kendall will only play with the U-18s once she is no longer under consideration for an Olympic spot.

The WCHA Dynasty
                    Wisconsin
                    National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                    MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                    National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                    MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                    National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                    MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
                      It's my understanding that Kendall will only play with the U-18s once she is no longer under consideration for an Olympic spot.

I hope she makes the big league!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                        It's not a coincidence, but it's not causal either.
                        Its a natural consequence of players having extended exposure to the personalities and coaching styles of particular individuals, and then making a college choice based on those experiences. In some cases it sways a choice towards a coach and school, and in others away from a particular coach.

Obviously there is a distinct advantage in being a U18 national team coach. Or one with a great personality and several Olympic medals that happens to coach at a highly regarded school.
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Does anyone know what the U18's do after the Calgary games ?

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            Does anyone know what the U18's do after the Calgary games ?
                            Nothing, until the Holiday Camp after Christmas.

Comment

Interesting that it appears that the great majority of these players attend private schools (NAHA counts as a private school). It appears that other than Case, all the defense attend private school. Does anyone know the complete breakdown?

Comment

Working...
                              X