X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by puckit View Post
    Fairly new to this sight and I have a question that may or may not have been discussed before. I see in the Saturday Gazette that a local player at 15 years old already has a college committment. How early can you commit and does RPI & Union go hard after local talent?

I hear there is also a local goalie that is playing in the EJHL that has D-1 schools interested but don't recall his name. I will post it if I hear it. Thanks for replies, in advance.
    I don't think that RPI has ever received a commitment more than a bit over two years in advance (e.g., Patrick Koudys). I think that verbal commitments can be made an any age since they are only binding because of a gentlemen's agreement among the coaches.

I imagine that RPI does go after local players, but there has to be a fit, just as with players from everywhere else. I don't know who the players that you are alluding to are, but would they be able to get past RPI's admissions? Although they may bend the rules a bit for hockey players, they still must have test scores and academic records that meet certain criteria. They also must be interested in majors that RPI offers. The 'Tute doesn't get a lot of potential history majors.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-24-2009, 07:20 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Thanks. Good to hear about the Ontario connections, as we seem to be getting most of our better players there recently.
      This is good news. Makes sense on a bunch of levels, including his ability to coach the defence, as Coach K did. I wonder if Kurulak gave Seth an early heads up that he would be heading out...giving Appert time to line someone up to replace him. I'm willing to bet he did.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        This is good news. Makes sense on a bunch of levels, including his ability to coach the defence, as Coach K did. I wonder if Kurulak gave Seth an early heads up that he would be heading out...giving Appert time to line someone up to replace him. I'm willing to bet he did.
        It sounds like he did. I assume that we now are waiting for Vines to get approved by RPI.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 25 August 2009. There are 39 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-31-2009, 06:33 AM. Reason: removed Burney from message
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit View Post
            Fairly new to this sight and I have a question that may or may not have been discussed before. I see in the Saturday Gazette that a local player at 15 years old already has a college committment. How early can you commit and does RPI & Union go hard after local talent?

I hear there is also a local goalie that is playing in the EJHL that has D-1 schools interested but don't recall his name. I will post it if I hear it. Thanks for replies, in advance.
            I received an email mentioning Colin Stevens. Is he the goalie?
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 26 August 2009. There are 38 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI 2009 2010 RIP Nathan Marsters

Ill take the red rpi scoop for 99 pls. Pm me invoice Ill pay via paypal. How long for shipping btw? And picture instructions on how to install to come with that would be nice

Comment

It sounds like he did. I assume that we now are waiting for Vines to get approved by RPI.
                  I 'm sure they are ironing out employment terms, getting him moved here, etc. I don't think he'll have any approval issues... if memory serves he won back to back leadership awards at DU..and from all accounts is a very solid coach/recruiter/teacher.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I received an email mentioning Colin Stevens. Is he the goalie?
                    Dunno if he was the one vaguely referred to. Colin Stevens from Niskayuna ('93, 6'1" 150lbs.) is a keeper for Albany Academy...entering the Junior class this fall, assuming he returns there. They had a pitiful season last year with something like 30 losses. Stevens saw A LOT of rubber last year.

The Indiana Ice took him in the 4th round of the '09 USHL futures draft...we all know that RPI has some history with Indiana..
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-26-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The new and spiffy RPI locker room is easily the nicest part of HFH.

Fans will be disappointed to know that the road that used to run behind HFH and folks would park on is gone as its swallowed up for the new athletic complex, so parking there from now on will be similar to how it was the last couple years.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Today is 27 August 2009. There are 37 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          The new and spiffy RPI locker room is easily the nicest part of HFH.

Fans will be disappointed to know that the road that used to run behind HFH and folks would park on is gone as its swallowed up for the new athletic complex, so parking there from now on will be similar to how it was the last couple years.
                          That's OK, I've always been partial to getting lucky along Burdett near my freshman dorm. For parking, that is.

Comment

Does anyone know when the Poly's website will be working again?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, RPI's jerseys are ranked 5th in the ECAC by THN http://thehockeynews.com/articles/27...-Rankings.html. I would say that we would have done better with the puckman jersey except, as Red Cloud pointed out on another thread, they ranked that as the #12 logo a while back.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, RPI's jerseys are ranked 5th in the ECAC by THN http://thehockeynews.com/articles/27...-Rankings.html. I would say that we would have done better with the puckman jersey except, as Red Cloud pointed out on another thread, they ranked that as the #12 logo a while back.
                                How does Union get that high?!?! But for the most part, I'm in agreement with them on this one.

No wonder the administration is trying to phase out puckman. We'll never let him die, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X