X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    They don't need to win in blowouts, but the team does need to win twice this weekend. This is a team that should be head and shoulders better than most if not all of Atlantic Hockey (Air Force and RIT seem like they can hold their own against top level teams), but especially those on the level of SHU and AIC.
    Perhaps blowouts would garner votes?

Plus, I like hearing a certain 60's/70's theme song being played.

Not to mention this week will go a long way towards determining if we really have a TV curse.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

They don't need to win in blowouts, but the team does need to win twice this weekend. This is a team that should be head and shoulders better than most if not all of Atlantic Hockey (Air Force and RIT seem like they can hold their own against top level teams), but especially those on the level of SHU and AIC.
      Absolutely! This weekend is a decent measuring stick. Hopefully we can start to put pucks in the net early in games and play with a lead for a while. Certainly this weekend is not the entire season but as RC says these are games that we need to win.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I don't think that we should get ahead of ourselves. We need to play (as the saying goes) one game at a time.
        This weekend looks like two teams we can take advantage of, but we have to play the games and not look to Union or some other day in the future.
        We show promise, but have not accomplished anything yet.
        We need to win a couple this weekend to get us started.
        Sacred Heart first.
        I've previously stated that we need to reach .500 this year in order for me to feel progress is being made. My comments were made with this in mind. That 9 game stretch at Thanksgiving is a tough one. If we enter it within a game or so above or below 500 then things could turn south again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Edit: Does anyone know what SA's shirt signifies? Did we lose an important game with 32 seconds left?
          Ask Mrs. Appert?

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...3601531689.txt
            Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

RPI would have their hands full with RIT (outshot SLU and Clarkson by a wide margin on the road), Mercyhurst, Holy Cross, and AF when they get playing better. Niagara and Robert Morris will strengthen the Atlantic Conference next season. Some of these programs have recruited very well and have excellent coaching.

Comment

Reading this article is like deja vu.
                Anyone who posts on this thread has posted these exact thoughts.
                Now lets see the team go out and win.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Now lets see the team go out and win.
                  And for a change-perhaps win easily?
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    And for a change-perhaps win easily?
                    I'll take wins however they come. SH tied CC last year on the road and it's their first game so they will be pumped. A solid effort and a win is good enough as a starter.

We should have an easier time against AIC and with luck get the easy win you're looking for.

It'll be interesting to see how our results compare to Union. I think they are better than some of the folks on this thread do. If we have similar goal differentials then I will be content.

Comment

Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
                      RPI would have their hands full with RIT (outshot SLU and Clarkson by a wide margin on the road), Mercyhurst, Holy Cross, and AF when they get playing better. Niagara and Robert Morris will strengthen the Atlantic Conference next season. Some of these programs have recruited very well and have excellent coaching.
                      I don't recall talking about teams that will be joining the conference next year, and given what I've already seen from Mercyhurst and Holy Cross, I would have to say... you don't watch the ECAC as much as you think you do.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

It depends on what Ed means by "win emphatically." I mean, yeah, I'd like for them to pour on the goals this weekend, but I don't think they have to absolutely obliterate them.

They do have to win both games, and not in the way that Quinnipiac beat Bentley (in overtime) last week. Twin two-goal wins would be acceptable. More would be better, but not required. The message here has to be that this is a better team than the one that has struggled against the dregs of Atlantic Hockey in the past few seasons.

I do agree with Ed and Seth that Atlantic Hockey isn't anything to sneeze at among the higher level teams, but these teams don't fall into that realm.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

While Mr. Weaver makes some valid points, and probably reflects how many RPI fans feel, I think he is jumping the gun a little. Yes, these next four games are important. I think RPI does need to go at least 2-1-1 to build the confidence of the players and the fans. It is silly, however, to say the team needs to score a certain number of goals or blow away 2 or 3 of these teams.

It's early in the year, players are still getting acclimated and the coaches are still trying to figure out the right buttons to push.

This article also has some other errors and poor assumptions; most notably the information about scholarships and how they are determined. First, Atlantic Hockey is not made up of Division II schools. In his next paragraph Weaver mentions Holy Cross, which is a Division I Institution. I believe the limit on scholarships is set by the league as a part of their philosophy, not because some of their schools are Division II Institutions.

He sounds more like some of the more passionate fans on this forum than a Journalist or even an informed opinion columnist.

Comment

I took a day of vacation today since the weather was nice and went bike riding. I thought about SA's shirt. How about "32 second"-string goalie?

No, probably not.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Which is why I posted it.

funny how some writers have a problem using their picks for the "Pick the Standings" contest......
                              Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Bryan Vines has been announced as the new Assistant Coach according to Ken Schott's blog. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...sistant-coach/ A video is included.

Edit: Does anyone know what SA's shirt signifies? Did we lose an important game with 32 seconds left?
                                I didn't see any picture in the article??

On a related Appert clothing topic, I was very glad to see Seth apparently taming the "Curse of the Tan Suit" vs. UNH. (The curse predates him and started under Fridgen...with RPI losing suffering several brutal home losses when the head coach was wearing a tan suit.) I will say I was a bit wary when I arrived at HFH to see Appert wearing tan...
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X