X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I worry all season long. These are 2 games we could and should win. But this team is very young and anything could happen. I would like to see us show more scoring touch than the one goal we garnered in Alaska for the weekend.
    I expect that Sacred Heart and AIC will do a bit of trapping to slow things down and clog up the neutral zone. AIC certainly did that a couple years ago. That said, these teams aren't as big as UPEI (who also did this) and I don't expect them to be as fast as RPI either.

Other thing to remember here, for Sacred Heart this will be their first game of the year. They lost an exhibition warm up to St. Thomas (Quebec) 5-3 back on October 4th. For AIC, they get to warm up against Union on Friday night and about all the heads up scouting we'll see from them will be in the box score later Friday night.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      I agree with your skating point. I would have liked to see his other shootout attempts as they were probably more relevant to what actually happens in a game. I missed the mini one-on-one segment of that B's telecast though.

Now you know why I said Orono.
      I believe the B's website said the broadcasts of the 1 on 1 tourney start at the end of this month. So I don't think any of it has actually aired, this just got put on the B's website because of how impressive it was.
      National Champions 2014!
      Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
      Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
      Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        I expect that Sacred Heart and AIC will do a bit of trapping to slow things down and clog up the neutral zone. AIC certainly did that a couple years ago. That said, these teams aren't as big as UPEI (who also did this) and I don't expect them to be as fast as RPI either.

Other thing to remember here, for Sacred Heart this will be their first game of the year. They lost an exhibition warm up to St. Thomas (Quebec) 5-3 back on October 4th. For AIC, they get to warm up against Union on Friday night and about all the heads up scouting we'll see from them will be in the box score later Friday night.
        SHU's Trapp graduated.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I worry all season long. These are 2 games we could and should win. But this team is very young and anything could happen. I would like to see us show more scoring touch than the one goal we garnered in Alaska for the weekend.
          The forwards are young, but we can't see that the D is still young.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
            I believe the B's website said the broadcasts of the 1 on 1 tourney start at the end of this month. So I don't think any of it has actually aired, this just got put on the B's website because of how impressive it was.
            I'm glad that I'll get the chance to see the entire shootout. I assume that he made this move on his 3rd attempt having already clinched the win. If not, given the 5% success rate he mentioned, his coach would not have been happy - even if it is just for fun.

Comment

No Doc you worry all year round. There's nothing seasonal about "the dreaded (insert Doc's present concern here)". I'd like to know what your posts would have looked like in 1985.

Comment

No Doc you worry all year round. There's nothing seasonal about "the dreaded (insert Doc's present concern here)". I'd like to know what your posts would have looked like in 1985.
                I was worried then also-mostly during the Minn-Duluth game
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I was worried then also-mostly during the Minn-Duluth game
                  I was worried, and I watched it the day after it was played.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bryan Vines has been announced as the new Assistant Coach according to Ken Schott's blog. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...sistant-coach/ A video is included.

Edit: Does anyone know what SA's shirt signifies? Did we lose an important game with 32 seconds left?
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-21-2009, 02:48 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would like to see a decent start to these two games. Third period comebacks are fine against ranked teams, but the teams we are playing this weekend should be put away by the third period.
                      Winning breeds winning. this is a great weekend to start winning.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Edit: Does anyone know what SA's shirt signifies? Did we lose an important game with 32 seconds left?[/QUOTE]

That's how long it takes the band member with the flag, to run around the ice rink when we score

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I would like to see a decent start to these two games. Third period comebacks are fine against ranked teams, but the teams we are playing this weekend should be put away by the third period.
                          Winning breeds winning. this is a great weekend to start winning.
                          We need a strong start this year. Gotta have a sweep this weekend. Then, I think the game against Union next weekend becomes the key to this season. If we win that game then we have a path to 5 or 6 games above .500 by the time we hit the 2nd Thanksgiving game, and begin the tough stretch of our schedule.

We have not been 5 games over 500 since the last game of the '03-'04 season.

Comment

We need a strong start this year. Gotta have a sweep this weekend. Then, I think the game against Union next weekend becomes the key to this season. If we win that game then we have a path to 5 or 6 games above .500 by the time we hit the 2nd Thanksgiving game, and begin the tough stretch of our schedule.

We have not been 5 games over 500 since the last game of the '03-'04 season.
                            I don't think that we should get ahead of ourselves. We need to play (as the saying goes) one game at a time.
                            This weekend looks like two teams we can take advantage of, but we have to play the games and not look to Union or some other day in the future.
                            We show promise, but have not accomplished anything yet.
                            We need to win a couple this weekend to get us started.
                            Sacred Heart first.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Edit: Does anyone know what SA's shirt signifies? Did we lose an important game with 32 seconds left?
                              It may not have to do with a game or sports at all and could be a specific RPI rallying cry.

Initial story: 15 firefighters treated after RPI chemical lab blaze

RPI's follow-up report

After an investigation, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute now says the time gap between a student contacting public safety to report a lab fire Monday night and the summoning of emergency services was only 32 seconds, some 11 ½ minutes shorter than initially reported.
                              I shouldn't try to grasp at straws here, and this all could just be a wild coincidence as well, but perhaps there's a corollary being used here. Some folks in Troy were critical of RPI dragging their heels in reporting the fire (taking up to 12-15 minutes to do so) whereas the student did their job and did so in 32 seconds. The juxtaposition here being that others have been putting RPI's hockey team down and now its time for RPI to answer the bell and show everyone they're better than that.

It's a hell of a stretch to think that that's the case with this team t-shirt, but its the best I can do via google research.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

They don't need to win in blowouts, but the team does need to win twice this weekend. This is a team that should be head and shoulders better than most if not all of Atlantic Hockey (Air Force and RIT seem like they can hold their own against top level teams), but especially those on the level of SHU and AIC.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X