X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    And no roster yet.
    I wonder if we'll see Bruce Statton on the roster when it comes out. I havent really heard anything about him lately.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I wonder if we'll see Bruce Statton on the roster when it comes out. I havent really heard anything about him lately.
      Good question, but I suspect not.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I'll stand corrected, but I cannot recall him having ever come back in any official role recognizing the '85 team/season. Watching your kid skate while sitting in Section 1 is not the same as being a recognized by the school and program for whom you won a national championship.
        Addesa was back for one, I believe the 10th, when the school had a dinner with Ed Dague as the MC.

Comment

Good question, but I suspect not.
          And why is that
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            And why is that
            He wasn't mentioned in the list of recruits. I suspect he will try out, but I don't think he will make the team. I definitely have no inside information about this. If you do, then tell us.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I definitely have no inside information about this. If you do, then tell us.
              no

Comment

I was in attendance for the 16th Annual Alumni & Community Golf Outing this past Monday, and boy am I looking forward to the start of this season. Every player I spoke with that day was very exited about this coming year, and those who were plagued by injury last year seem to be 100% better now (and affirmed this when asked). Pat Cullen talked up the strength and conditioning training the team has undertaken this summer, and judging by the drives he and several others (Tyler Helfrich also in particular) made that day, it is certainly improving their power.

Each also talked up how close the team has gotten over the past several months, consistently using the term 'family' when describing themselves. There is certainly a buzz surrounding the team this year, and it can be felt around everyone involved.

I've always been a fan of Appert, but after seeing him in action at the Outing, wow is he a good salesman. It is clear how he's brought such great caliber recruits to the team with his friendly, outgoing demeanor.

One last thing, it was fun to see all the guys out on the course. You could definitely tell who was a golfer and who wasn't. Case in point - Garrett was wearing penny loafers.

October can't come soon enough!
                Last edited by hawthr; 08-14-2009, 09:33 PM.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Today is 15 August 2009. There are 49 days (7 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can't believe how quickly we've reloaded on defense. Given that we probably weren't going to be in the ECAC Top 4 with or without Bergin last year, his injury may have been the best thing that could happen to us.

In 2010, our blueline will look like:

Brutlag (Sr) - Bergin (So)
                    Bailen (So) - Quinn (Fr)
                    Foss (Sr) - Kennedy (Sr)

At the end of the Fridgen era, any of those guys would have been top 2 d-men for us. Moreover, we already are off to a great start in replacing the seniors, starting with Koudys.

On another note, here's my guess for lines for this year:

Pirri - Angers-Goulet - D'Amigo
                    Helfrich - Polacek - Cullen
                    Lee - Halpern - Rabbani
                    O'Grady - Malchuk - Kerins

Brutlag - Bergin
                    Merth - Foss
                    Kennedy - Zarbo

York - Merriam

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post

Lee - Halpern - Rabbani

Brutlag - Bergin
                      Merth - Foss
                      Kennedy - Zarbo

York - Merriam
                      HOLLA

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                        I can't believe how quickly we've reloaded on defense. Given that we probably weren't going to be in the ECAC Top 4 with or without Bergin last year, his injury may have been the best thing that could happen to us.

In 2010, our blueline will look like:

Brutlag (Sr) - Bergin (So)
                        Bailen (So) - Quinn (Fr)
                        Foss (Sr) - Kennedy (Sr)

At the end of the Fridgen era, any of those guys would have been top 2 d-men for us. Moreover, we already are off to a great start in replacing the seniors, starting with Koudys.

Lee - Halpern - Rabbani

Brutlag - Bergin
                        Merth - Foss
                        Kennedy - Zarbo

York - Merriam
                        Not that I really know anything, but I suspect that Burgdoerfer would play over Zarbo. I have a gut feeling that O'Grady will be on a line with Pirri and D'Amigo by the start of the ECAC season. We also might see Watts and/or Morissette over Halpern and/or Lee.

I wouldn't expect Bailen and Quinn to play together next season since both are offensive defensmen. Thus those two and Brutlag should all be in different pairings. Do we know for sure whether or not Zarbo will be back for 2010?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                          I was in attendance for the 16th Annual Alumni & Community Golf Outing this past Monday, and boy am I looking forward to the start of this season. Every player I spoke with that day was very exited about this coming year, and those who were plagued by injury last year seem to be 100% better now (and affirmed this when asked). Pat Cullen talked up the strength and conditioning training the team has undertaken this summer, and judging by the drives he and several others (Tyler Helfrich also in particular) made that day, it is certainly improving their power.

Each also talked up how close the team has gotten over the past several months, consistently using the term 'family' when describing themselves. There is certainly a buzz surrounding the team this year, and it can be felt around everyone involved.

I've always been a fan of Appert, but after seeing him in action at the Outing, wow is he a good salesman. It is clear how he's brought such great caliber recruits to the team with his friendly, outgoing demeanor.

One last thing, it was fun to see all the guys out on the course. You could definitely tell who was a golfer and who wasn't. Case in point - Garrett was wearing penny loafers.

October can't come soon enough!
                          Were any of the Freshmen-to-be there?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Were any of the Freshmen-to-be there?
                            No, none of the freshmen were there. We asked Cullen about that, and he said that since it was only the 10th, the freshmen were just starting to roll into town. I believe he said O'Grady was coming in that night, Lee was arriving next week (or vice versa), and D'Amigo was obviously at tryouts for World Juniors. No mention of Pirri.

Appert also touched on D'Amigo's tryouts, and him making the first cut. Very upbeat about it, but also remarked on how if he made the team, we'd be missing him at the GLI tournament, which is a bit of a bummer. But so it goes with having such high-quality talents!
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Today is 16 August 2009. There are 48 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 August 2009. There are 47 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X