X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    This link to video highlights of the UA_ game was posted on the tourney thread http://www.youtube.com/user/salchaboy#p/a/0/nH3ZhxlmQCk. I think that someone posted that it looked like the UA_ goalie's glove with the puck went over the goal line on Helfrich's shootout shot. It doesn't look like it to me.
    I agree. It wasn't even close. Nice move on the winning SO shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Wow that was a nice move. Did you see the one on ESPN the other day with the 9 year old in Boston?
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
      7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        Wow that was a nice move. Did you see the one on ESPN the other day with the 9 year old in Boston?
        Believe he's already got a verbal to UNH.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
          About 100 times. Takes a lot of practice to pick it up off the ice like that. Pretty impressive that a 9 year old can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Believe he's already got a verbal to UNH.
            I'm willing to bet that the folks in Orono are keeping very close tabs on him.

Comment

About 100 times. Takes a lot of practice to pick it up off the ice like that. Pretty impressive that a 9 year old can do it.
              Pretty impressive that he spent the time learning hoiw to do it. I was, however, more impressed with his skating ability for his age. I will be interested in learning if we ever hear about him again.

Edit: His father played one year at Maine http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=41781.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-19-2009, 09:17 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pretty impressive that he spent the time learning hoiw to do it. I was, however, more impressed with his skating ability for his age. I will be interested in learning if we ever hear about him again.

Edit: His father played one year at Maine http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=41781.
                I agree with your skating point. I would have liked to see his other shootout attempts as they were probably more relevant to what actually happens in a game. I missed the mini one-on-one segment of that B's telecast though.

Now you know why I said Orono.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the folks in Orono are keeping very close tabs on him.
                  Whoosh.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Agreed - and it looked like Greenham realized he was heading backwards and specifically stuck his arm out to make sure his hand didn't cross the line. Quick thinking on his part, considering he was about 75% inside the goal when he stopped sliding.
                    RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

He's already committed to BC -- class of 2020....
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I had ice cream on Saturday. It still tasted good despite the unseasonably low temperature, high winds, and soaking rain. That doesn't contradict your statement, but it had to be said.
                        I will further clarify my personal sentiments that ANY day is a good day for ice cream...

PS: Time to put the bike away Ralph !
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I will further clarify my personal sentiments that ANY day is a good day for ice cream...

PS: Time to put the bike away Ralph !
                          It's supposed to reach the mid-70's on Wednesday and Thursday down here.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pardon the interruption, but I'm here to share this breaking news. I hope our boys in red heed the health director's warnings! Sounds serious...

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht0RHFIQXKY&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht0RHFIQXKY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

I can't take credit for it though. It was brought to my attention through a facebook friend (sorry!). I wouldn't have actually caught it myself because I don't watch SNL. Not that this skit is one of their more hilarious (to put it lightly).

Comment

This weekend should prove to be a good test for the fans because if there's any signs of struggle, the worrywarts will be out fast and furious.

I don't expect there to be any problems, but if RPI falls into old habits of playing to the opponents skill level... Then it may be time for a Sunday bag skate.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                This weekend should prove to be a good test for the fans because if there's any signs of struggle, the worrywarts will be out fast and furious.

I don't expect there to be any problems, but if RPI falls into old habits of playing to the opponents skill level... Then it may be time for a Sunday bag skate.
                                I worry all season long. These are 2 games we could and should win. But this team is very young and anything could happen. I would like to see us show more scoring touch than the one goal we garnered in Alaska for the weekend.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X