This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Only thing left for the oblong sphereoid team this year is to see if the Seniors can become the first class to never lose to #26 Union during their careers. Ain't holding my breath.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      That should be a good sign for the hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        So you're saying, at this rate, AIC will be nationally ranked when we play them? :P
        I am hurt you did not mention Sarcred Heart .

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          So you're saying, at this rate, AIC will be nationally ranked when we play them? :P
          My point waaaaaay back then is the same as it is now. UMass is a good hockey team - which a clown or two here took exception to.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by blocker View Post
            I am hurt you did not mention Sarcred Heart .
            I would have, but Bear Trapp graduated last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              My point waaaaaay back then is the same as it is now. UMass is a good hockey team - which a clown or two here took exception to.
              I don't doubt it at all. That's why the games are played. I had to talk a few pessimists into actually having faith when it comes to the UNH game, and look what happened.

In any case, we put up a good showing against UAF, and we may be able to salvage a vote or two for the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

The clowns are confused here wicked . The conversation was, in the beginning, a polite discussion long ago regarding the difficulty of the OC schedule this year vrs the last two. The clowns were silly enough to note that the schedule appeared to be a bit easier this year than the last two relating to the number of top 15 ranked teams on the OC list. That was the point. Nobody said Umass was a bad team Wicked, just that at the beginning of the season they did not look like a top 15 team, nor were they ranked as one........(Umass is always a good team when they play an ECAC team.) You could not admit that the the schedule was a bit easier because you had already consumed your Cool Aid that day .Look at the rankigs now, next week or in a month and you will see two to four top 15 teams on it, not six or seven. FYI UNH tied Miami. That does not make them a top 15 team yet, until they get ranked and even if they are, it is still just 2-4 top 15 teams on the OC schedule. My bet is 3, which is what i said a month ago.

"
                Last edited by blocker; 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I am not going to start a separate thread for the SHU and AIC games. There doesn't seem to be enough interest on USCHO for the other teams to make it worthwhile. If someone else feels there is, please start a thread.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Alls I have to say is...... hope we break the TV curse.

Comment

Getting a tie against UA in spite of all the hlep the refs gave them is a good sign. This team will be fun to follow this year. Not quite up with the big boys but on any given night they could be a handful for most teams. That is of course if the refs give them the chance to play.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Does anyone remember in which year the Fulton's Folly game vs. Cornell occurred?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Getting a tie against UA in spite of all the hlep the refs gave them is a good sign. This team will be fun to follow this year. Not quite up with the big boys but on any given night they could be a handful for most teams. That is of course if the refs give them the chance to play.
                          We did seem to go into the "prevent defense" in the 3rd period being outshot 18-2. I didn't care for that. York had a real good game, and the defense may have played its best game of the season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Does anyone remember in which year the Fulton's Folly game vs. Cornell occurred?
                            Searching around a little bit, found a post on ELF about it (one of yours actually ) and a box score that looks like it confirms. 3/1/02.

http://collegehockeystats.net/0102/boxes/mcorren1.m01

http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,3430,3451#msg-3451
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              RPI played a solid game, and I for one was impressed by them. They were aggressive and fast, I liked their style of play. Although, they did sit back big time in the third period. I was at the game, and I wouldn't blame the ref, RPI took some stupid penalties. It was that plain and simple. Fun game to watch though!
                              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                                RPI played a solid game, and I for one was impressed by them. They were aggressive and fast, I liked their style of play. Although, they did sit back big time in the third period. I was at the game, and I wouldn't blame the ref, RPI took some stupid penalties. It was that plain and simple. Fun game to watch though!
                                Thanks for the insight.

As far as the stupid penalties, thats commonpalce around here. Has been for a few seasons now. Its nice to hear someone outside of the RPI circle say that rather than blame it on hometown refs.

Comment

Working...
                                X