• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Fantastic.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Just wanted to take a minute to put a plug up here for the Women's Hockey "Pack The House Night" against #1 Mercyhurst tomorrow, 7pm at the Field House. If you're in the area and looking for something to do, please come out and help the team try to break its all-time attendance record against some top quality opposition.

As always, admission is free to women's home games.
      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
        I also want to mention how very pleased the guys were with the support they felt from the crowd at the UNH game. They told me afterward that they were really impressed with the noise the fans made, especially since they were aware that the building was nowhere near full. They said that toward the end the loud cheering really pumped them up and gave them energy, so to those of you who were there and helped play the seventh man, give yourselves a pat on the back. The boys never forget what terrific fans they have and they were VERY happy to feel like they gave them something to cheer about Saturday.
        That's great to hear from the boys CM. I too was happy to see the faithful getting the place rocking. I know my voice sounded a lot like Wolf Man Jack's the next day... I think if RPI can keep the energy and wins coming HFH will become a very popular place...and a tough place for visiting teams!
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
          noticed the same, York left some "juicy rebounds" and posted such earlier, it appeared that RPI d looked strong in front picked up their men instead of watching the puck. They did the job but somehow York has to control those rebounds a little better.
          Always some things to work on for keepers. Yorkie's glove work and key saves more than made up for the few rebounds. Let's not forget that he saw 36 or so shots. I am happy to see that he is controlling his side to side movements much better... last year he occasionally slid right past the pipe and out of position. We are definitely seeing some growth in his game.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
            I'm praying that he means he gets this tattooed on his girlfriend(s). Or he's a pimp and that's his way to brand them.

In that case, I demand a cut.
            How much of a cut you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Always some things to work on for keepers. Yorkie's glove work and key saves more than made up for the few rebounds. Let's not forget that he saw 36 or so shots. I am happy to see that he is controlling his side to side movements much better... last year he occasionally slid right past the pipe and out of position. We are definitely seeing some growth in his game.
              Good point agree to the max my point was that the defense was giving the shot letting York make the save and D to their credit was taking care of business in front of the net. I think that was lacking before. The obvious that we took from the UNH game was the puck control in the offensive end absolutely great transition in the neutral zone. But them D guys been in the weight room. They were pushing people around. Am I wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                *****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/ibelieveinsethappert-1.jpg******
                Get used to it!
                Here we come!

Comment

[QUOTE=Wicked Slappaahs;4406672]Always some things to work on for keepers. Yorkie's glove work and key saves more than made up for the few rebounds. Let's not forget that he saw 36 or so shots. I am happy to see that he is controlling his side to side movements much better... last year he occasionally slid right past the pipe and out of position. We are definitely seeing some growth in his game.[/QUOTE

UNH was playing seven freshmen, three good defensmen and their number one goaltender. Their scouting report said shoot low on RPI's goal? Among other things,UNH did not have the size and or the experience to go to the net effectively or to stop red from doing so on their end. There were 11 scoring chances among the 36 shots on reds goal of which seven resulted in actual quality shots on goal, three were open 12-15 footers (one went in). Allen made four beautiful saves that made me smile ,two of which resulted from a great read and the excellent position that followed.The other two were weak side open net reaction plays with the rigtht leg. As we discussed before this was not the 2008-09 UNH team. There were many positives in the game for RED in this very early pre season game. I would expect them to win more games this year and have a more effective pp, but that is just about as optimistic as i can or will get right now. Average big, physical, well coached teams that go to the net and have good netminders will give them trouble but then again those types of teams would give any ecac team a problem .(alaska is that type of team) Allen has great potential and is getting better quickly but he needs to continue to work hard on selected items that i need not reference here.They finally counted sog correctly at a home game. First time in four years. They must have changed personnel.This is all just my opinion .I was at the game.
                  Last edited by blocker; 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                    Good point agree to the max my point was that the defense was giving the shot letting York make the save and D to their credit was taking care of business in front of the net. I think that was lacking before. The obvious that we took from the UNH game was the puck control in the offensive end absolutely great transition in the neutral zone. But them D guys been in the weight room. They were pushing people around. Am I wrong??
                    I agree -- The D and the York played very well as a unit. Each bailed the other out when needed...a good sign. I would add that York made several saves on shots he never saw... due to just having excellent position and staying big in the net.

Comment

Couldn't help but notice that UMass knocked off #2 BU last night. Gee, it sure is too bad we scheduled such soft teams for OC schedule...

Comment

Couldn't help but notice that UMass knocked off #2 BU last night. Gee, it sure is too bad we scheduled such soft teams for OC schedule...
                        You mean like BU?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

yep...just three or possibly four OC top twenty games this year .good news.
                          Last edited by blocker; 10-17-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

So you're saying, at this rate, AIC will be nationally ranked when we play them? :P

Comment

RPI football fell into a deep hole early and just could not make up the difference loosing 35-30 to Susquehanna. It appears RPI has enough offense to score against anyone but their defense cant seem to stop anyone either. Their overall record falls to 3-2 and they are 1-2 in the Liberty League.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                RPI football fell into a deep hole early and just could not make up the difference loosing 35-30 to Susquehanna. It appears RPI has enough offense to score against anyone but their defense cant seem to stop anyone either. Their overall record falls to 3-2 and they are 1-2 in the Liberty League.
                                That should be a good sign for the hockey team.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X