X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Not that I have any attention of listening , but are you referring to my comment about RPI improving by 3 goals/game or whether Beman jumped the bandwagon?
    Yes.

Every time Beman posts, it's comedy gold, BTW. His insistence that his opinions have a true/false value is precious.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Three goal improvement may even give Appert his first freakout win (though I think that's one of the ones where we'd kiss our sister, if we have one). As much as I am impressed with the past 8 or so games, we MUST win this freakout, or he probably won't get a renewal (I think the only reprieve to the freakout would be a national championship, but even then), not to mention I'm sure some die-hard fans may run him out of town.
      Absolutely ridiculous. Hang your head in shame for posting this.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        Absolutely ridiculous. Hang your head in shame for posting this.
        Yeah, I'm not digging the "Freakout! as the ultimate bellwether" argument there, Dude.

It's a game. Yeah, we went 18 years without losing that game, but ultimately it's just 2 points out of 44 available during the ECAC season.

Originally posted by Headlines From THE FUTURE
        April 12, 2010
        RPI coach's future in doubt
        By Ed Weaver
        The Record

DETROIT - Just one day after Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's 4-2 victory over St. Cloud State to secure the school's third national championship, Director of Athletics James Knowlton was unwilling to commit to a contract extension for head coach Seth Appert.

"It's hard to say, right now," Knowlton said. "On one hand, watching (captain) John Kennedy hoist the national championship trophy on his home turf was truly inspiring. On the other hand, we did lose Freakout again this year."

The Engineers finished the season with a school record 36 wins, which included a 17-game winning streak and tournament titles in the annual RPI and Great Lakes Invitationals, lost in the Big Red Freakout for the third consecutive year, 3-2 in overtime against Princeton in a game that featured the top two teams in the ECAC this season. The Engineers were undefeated in the annual game from 1991 to 2007, but have not won the Freakout since beating Brown 4-2 in 2006.

RPI earned a measure of revenge in the ECAC Championship, taking down the Tigers 6-0 before 14,391 fans at Times Union Center in Albany to sweep the ECAC regular season and tournament titles for the first time since 1985 - an occurrence which foreshadowed the Engineers' first national title in 25 years.

"We have to win Freakout, bottom line," Knowlton said. "As it was told to me, Freakout is definitely the most important game of the year here at RPI and it's going to weigh heavily on my decision."

Concerns about the first three years of Appert's tenure in Troy have also been cause for concerns not only with RPI administration, but also with some alumni and local fans.

"He's still got more losses than wins," Knowlton said, "as I was reminded in an e-mail I received this morning from a person who signed it 'Beman.'" Despite RPI's 36-6-1 final record, Appert's overall record in four years is 67-74-15.

Appert was unavailable for comment, as he was on his way back to the Capital District in preparation for a victory parade up Peoples Avenue on Monday. Kennedy, reached by cell phone, laughed and hung up.
        Last edited by Red Cloud; 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Originally posted by Headlines From THE FUTURE
          April 12, 2010
          RPI coach's future in doubt
          By Ed Weaver
          The Record
          Hilarious.
          APBWiki

Comment

Brilliant work RC.

By the way, I snapped a photo over the weekend trying to get a look at Allen York's mask as he does, indeed, finally have a paint job on it.

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/YorkMask.jpg******

Wait... Who's that on there?

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/unclesamwantsrpi.jpg******

Boom.

Oh and just for those of you climbing aboard, get to know your future:

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/RPIFuture.jpg******

Comment

That looks like the RPI shield on the front of the mask. I would prefer Puckman.

I guess that we had two victories and one defeat:
              All of RPI's teams are now called the Engineers, not that other name.
              The teams are using RPI more than Rensselaer. (e.g., the football uniforms this season.)
              Puckman is not on either the men's or women's hockey uniforms.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-12-2009, 08:45 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RC - I have to admit that I am sometime surprised to the extent that you flare off at some of the true hard core fans, but this post has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a while....well, at least since the 2 "facepalm" posts. Classic !

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  That looks like the RPI shield on the front of the mask. I would prefer Puckman. Who is that on the side?
                  Puckman is still at least at the games. I was nervous he might disappear for a while considering he wasn't at the UPEI game but he skated the team out before introductions and was working the crowd well all night.

I need to get a look at what's on the other side of York's mask, I didn't get to HFH early enough on Saturday to take more photos and yes, that is the RPI shield on the front. I'd also like to get a picture of the back of Bryce Merriam's helmet because I really appreciate how ballsy it is. His helmet is mostly plain, off-white with some design to it and the RPI letters on the front. The back of it, however, is fantastic:

RPI National Champions

Love it.

Comment

Along those lines, GLM, JFK says he wants to add a banner to the field house.

He was interviewed by the Times Union on Sunday (or at least for an article on Sunday). The interview can be found here. It's also featured on the front page of the ECAC site (for now).
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Yeah, I'm not digging the "Freakout! as the ultimate bellwether" argument there, Dude.

It's a game. Yeah, we went 18 years without losing that game, but ultimately it's just 2 points out of 44 available during the ECAC season.
                      EXCELLENT faux-article there, RC. And I wouldn't base arguments upon one game either, I'm just saying what I heard through the grapevine. Of course, this comment I relayed to this board came from someone else who I would tell where the other bandwagon is.
                      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-12-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        EXCELLENT faux-article there, RC. And I wouldn't base arguments upon one game either, I'm just saying what I heard through the grapevine. Of course, this came from someone else who I would tell where the other bandwagon is.
                        Who are these dopes in the grapevine? Sounds like its time for a harvest.

I'd make a whine/wine joke here but I'll let Ralph hit that out of the park.

Comment

I refuse to answer the question on account that if I ever decide to visit Cheel again, I need a bail buddy. :P

Comment

Me???? I would be lucky if I could hit it over the pitcher's head?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice pic GLM. It would epic if Allen's Sam had Puckman on his lapel...
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Yes.

Every time Beman posts, it's comedy gold, BTW. His insistence that his opinions have a true/false value is precious.
                                Right, again very precious. I picked RPI fourth in the ECAC. Where did you put them, yee of little faith, swine who claims I jumped on the bandwagon?

eh? lil red

Comment

Working...
                                X