This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

power play was fun to watch.. transition form offense to d was good defense to offense was exciting.
    One thing that really caught my eye was the way they played rebounds in their end. As well as York played he left some pretty juicy rebounds in the third. But Engin's d was up to the task. Instead of d searchin out the puck they picked up and were physcial with the UNH forwards.

GAG rule get a goalie Looks like Seth may have done it

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
      power play was fun to watch.. transition form offense to d was good defense to offense was exciting.
      One thing that really caught my eye was the way they played rebounds in their end. As well as York played he left some pretty juicy rebounds in the third. But Engin's d was up to the task. Instead of d searchin out the puck they picked up and were physcial with the UNH forwards.

GAG rule get a goalie Looks like Seth may have done it
      I'm going to kick at your grasping hands if you try to jump on the bandwagon after its already left the station.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I'm going to kick at your grasping hands if you try to jump on the bandwagon after its already left the station.
        I enjoyed this.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Last year against UMass, we lost by 6 goals. This year we lost by 3. That's an improvement of 3 goals. Last year we lost to UNH by 1 goal. This year we won by 2 goals. That's a net gain of 3 goals also.

If we improve by 3 goals in each of the 22 ECAC games, we will finish with a 13-2-7 record. I'll take it.
          Unfortunately your stats also mean we lose our first ever Black Friday.

Comment

I can't like em cause I am critical when they play bad?
            If you look at the ecac pickem thread I picked RPI fourth a couple weeks ago. Long before the train left the station. I don't believe a lot of Engineer fans had that much faith.
            Sorry I don't look at things through rose colored glasses
            Last edited by Beman; 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
              I can't like em cause I am critical when they play bad?
              If you look at the ecac pickem thread I picked RPI fourth a couple weeks ago. Long before the train left the station. I don't believe a lot of Engineer fans had that much faith.
              Sorry I don't look at things through rose colored glasses
              Oh my God this was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Unfortunately your stats also mean we lose our first ever Black Friday.
                Wouldn't it be a tie? We lost at Yale by 4 goals, so that game will still be a loss with this theory.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Wouldn't it be a tie? We lost at Yale by 4 goals, so that game will still be a loss with this theory.
                  You could assume some sort of normal distribution on the 3 goal mean Ralph. That would give us hope in every game.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    You could assume some sort of normal distribution on the 3 goal mean Ralph. That would give us hope in every game.
                    We would need at least one game result with a goal improvement not equal to three so that we could have an estimate for the standard deviation.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Beman, I don't remember you being one of those to "jump the bandwagon" causing me to give the other possible options. Luckily I received rep on those posts so I can tell who jumped. For the record, I picked them 5th, but I had to have a little balance to offset my very dangerous #1 pick.

Three goal improvement may even give Appert his first freakout win (though I think that's one of the ones where we'd kiss our sister, if we have one). As much as I am impressed with the past 8 or so games, we MUST win this freakout, or he probably won't get a renewal (I think the only reprieve to the freakout would be a national championship, but even then), not to mention I'm sure some die-hard fans may run him out of town. As much as they can hide in my storage locker along the way, let's win the big one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Beman, I don't remember you being one of those to "jump the bandwagon" causing me to give the other possible options. Luckily I received rep on those posts so I can tell who jumped. For the record, I picked them 5th, but I had to have a little balance to offset my very dangerous #1 pick.

Three goal improvement may even give Appert his first freakout win (though I think that's one of the ones where we'd kiss our sister, if we have one). As much as I am impressed with the past 8 or so games, we MUST win this freakout, or he probably won't get a renewal (I think the only reprieve to the freakout would be a national championship, but even then), not to mention I'm sure some die-hard fans may run him out of town. As much as they can hide in my storage locker along the way, let's win the big one.
                        I very much doubt that SA's renewal will be based upon the result of a single game. A matter of fact, I would be completely against a decision being made in that fashion. It would, however, be very nice to win the BRF!

The Princeton home game was a 3-goal loss last year, so a 3-goal improvement would indeed make it a tie.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why are we still talking about this? It was fun for about two posts, now it's just... move on.

Comment

Why are we still talking about this? It was fun for about two posts, now it's just... move on.
                            Not that I have any attention of listening , but are you referring to my comment about RPI improving by 3 goals/game or whether Beman jumped the bandwagon?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

best game and team effort that i have seen at the hfh in years....

the freshman are all great

york stood on his head

no 3rd period collapse

the refs tried to screw us in the 2nd period but we stepped up the pk

the pp was vastly improved

malchuk had a great pk if you watched the game closely
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Oh my God this was hilarious.
                                but true

Comment

Working...
                                X